Overture, more powerful than any other ranged weapon

+
Literally has the same headshot potential as the sniper rifles, but this thing can be silenced while the snipers can't.
No other weapon allows you to sit or roam and kill with impunity and never get spotted and take targets out in a single second. Quickhacks are not that fast and do not hit as hard, even sometimes leave some HP left even at the same skill and perk lvls.

Don't rely too much on that silencer though, I've had several occasions where I got spotted by nearby enemies anyway, so I suspect it merely dampens the sound, but doesn't completely remove it. Which is pretty believable for a gun of that size with that kind of range. When I used it, whenever I felt that I might be too close to pull off a shot and remain hidden, I opted for Cyberpsychosis or Suicide instead. Against groups of three or more enemies, Contagion is also way more efficient.
Current playthrough, I try to stay away from both snipers and easymode quickhacks though. And found that stuff like Distraction and Whistle can actually be a lot of fun! Trickier to use, but fun to figure out what to do nonetheless.

If your getting detected, your Cool isn't high enough to raise stealth to remain undetected. I never get heard, only seen. But if behind cover and leaning out to fire works, if that gets you spotted, then lean out with scanning instead of reboot optics to snipe the target.

Literally has the same headshot potential as the sniper rifles, but this thing can be silenced while the snipers can't.
No other weapon allows you to sit or roam and kill with impunity and never get spotted and take targets out in a single second. Quickhacks are not that fast and do not hit as hard, even sometimes leave some HP left even at the same skill and perk lvls.

Is that this one?

A silencable, concealed carry weapon capable of taking out opponents at range is exactly what I want! I mean, I love Overwatch, but it's a hell of a brute to lug around.

Literally has the same headshot potential as the sniper rifles, ...
Wrong. Ain't the same - lower.

Before you'd start explaining things to me, please, note this crit is how much i routinely get outta River's overture, by a _netrunner_ build (not gunslinger) - Reflexes 8, Body 3, gear / 'ware largely not for gun damage:
697k.jpg

... this thing can be silenced while the snipers can't.
Wrong again. There is at least one silenced sniper rifle, and boy, does it deliver.

No other weapon allows you to sit or roam and kill with impunity and never get spotted and take targets out in a single second. ...
Wrong, 3rd time. Other weapons can do it too. Namely, properly developed assault rifle build will allow it also - yes, it won't be some 1+ million damage headshots like with overture, it'd be some ~200k headshots, but still massive overkill. Single-shot assault rifles can take silencers, and the obvious benefit is that you get that same weapon able to dish out full-auto whenever the game puts you to any ambush (like when rescuing Goro if to jump back to upper floor ASAP, etc). SMGs too, as well as other pistols and revolvers - pretty much anything which has or can get a silencer.

Quickhacks are not that fast and do not hit as hard, even sometimes leave some HP left even at the same skill and perk lvls.
Wrong 4th time. My netrunner build now dishes some 30k...50k instant hits to up to 3 enemies within 6m radius with electrocute, and up to 7 ~10k instant hits in times wider radius with the poisoning hack. Those are literally instant to anything suffering daemons uploaded, and take out anything in any given room / area without alerting any distant enemies, unless it's some especially tough psycho / boss. Plus, with a single Ping, they work through multiple walls / obstacles. With quickhack cooldowns being nearly zero, and usual quickhack costs being 1, even largest gangs (~20 people) do not survive to the end of a single Ping. Overall, netrunner build is massively better at general stealth, with only infrequent special enemies getting dropped by gunfire instead.

So yeah. 4 outta 4. It's no shame in being mistaken as we all human, but you sorta overdid it a bit. ;)

Once you play around with different weapons and different builds, you come to realize that 90%+ of weapons will 1 shot with the right mods and perks even on very hard.

Complaining about a specific weapon is utterly meaningless when the entire system is broken to the core. Here's the thing, if you build your character optimally, you will 1 shot everything and you're never in any danger of dying.

I thought 'Overture' was a legendary pistol, which is not a ranged weapon. Is the OP referring to 'Overwatch'? The sniper rifle from Panam? Anyway, in my case, 'Overwatch' is on display in the armory, it really isn't that good. I eventually bought a 'Legendary SPT32 Grad Power Sniper Rifle' and just as it says...'nothing can hide from it'. This thing shoots through concrete walls. I paid a fortune for it and have no regrets.

Not speced for any specific weapon. Just speced for: stealth, headshots, and crit. I do have quickhack skills up just as high, but no one shots from those.

Unique weapons aside, just the base versions. Building like that should make all weapons on equal lvl. But sadly this is not true, most of the stat boost is on the weapons themself. Revolvers and SRs have the highest headshot multipliers, pistols and ARs come up second, while the rest don't try.

I thought 'Overture' was a legendary pistol, which is not a ranged weapon. Is the OP referring to 'Overwatch'? The sniper rifle from Panam? Anyway, in my case, 'Overwatch' is on display in the armory, it really isn't that good. I eventually bought a 'Legendary SPT32 Grad Power Sniper Rifle' and just as it says...'nothing can hide from it'. This thing shoots through concrete walls. I paid a fortune for it and have no regrets.

How is a pistol not a ranged weapon?

BTW, there's a perk that removes the damage fall-off from pistols, so they have infinite range.

How is a pistol not a ranged weapon?

BTW, there's a perk that removes the damage fall-off from pistols, so they have infinite range.

I've always regarded a 'ranged weapon' as a rifle and a pistol for close range. But so far in this game, nothing would surprise me anymore. :sneaky:

I've always regarded a 'ranged weapon' as a rifle and a pistol for close range. But so far in this game, nothing would surprise me anymore. :sneaky:

Ye in the Reflex tree, there's a perk that removes range penalties from pistols. Slap a scope on the Overture and a Silencer and with that perk, you have a silenced sniper rifle :D

The best Overture variant is the Iconic Crash, does over 7 million damage in stealth on the last bullet, over 3.5mill if its not and the reason it beats others is it functions more like a tech weapon, it does more than others even with a silencer equipped while not in stealth, but Quasar is even more powerful when it comes to dps, actually the best hands down. And the highest dmg is Breakthrough cause it does 25mill without glitches, the most versatile weapon is the Widowmaker.. It can heal you with charged shots, its accurate even when fully charged and it 1shots all regular enemies.. its just slower on bosses.
Skippy is good too with a min max build.. using shortcircuit, can beat Smasher in 1 second with it if its a 20 int build with no crafting otherwise Quasar is better :p

But shotguns are even better at kill speed overall, a Zhuo even if it doesn't do that much dmg to regular mobs it can still 1shot a whole group of em at once and power shotguns melt bosses pretty fast too, while being even more unkillable, with 1k hp and 12k armor or more and much higher movement speed and really good reload speed on a maxed build.

In Short kinda everything is OP if you take the time to build your character.

Ye in the Reflex tree, there's a perk that removes range penalties from pistols. Slap a scope on the Overture and a Silencer and with that perk, you have a silenced sniper rifle :D
According to some sources that perk is bugged and doesn't actually work.

I prefer using Overwatch when want silently shoot on guards from distance :)
Overwatch is fun to use but it doesn't do that much dmg and its suppressor is kinda glitchy though. Sometimes even a clean hit will alert enemies, not that it really matters that much, I ended up Sniping with Crash suppressed and the Widowmaker, Breakthrough for rare occasions, changed my build to not have any points in body cause I found those power sniper rifles kinda redundant and that way I could have more stats in int shortcircuit and ping while not sacrificing any other stat.
Post automatically merged:

According to some sources that perk is bugged and doesn't actually work.
it does work, pistols without that perk will do lower damage even to enemies like 20-30 meters away, its reaaaly easy to tell.

Last edited:

Overwatch and one other sniper rifle are naturally silenced. And Overwatch shoots through walls. You should get to know the weapons better.

Overwatch and one other sniper rifle are naturally silenced. And Overwatch shoots through walls. You should get to know the weapons better.

i've used overwatch quite a lot, i've managed to shot around cover, but never through it, i've tried once or twice, or thought the targets head was above cover but was too far away to tell clearly and hit concrete dividers or whatever.
now breakthrough on the other hand, that punches through cover quite well.

as to what pistols i prefer, i usually stick with a silenced m-10 lexington with a reflex sight.

Top Bottom