Overview of update 3.2

+
Yes decoupling! Thank god! Finally Brouver can be a dwarf leader and I can unlock skins for leaders who are not as strong without feeling like I am wasting RP!

Also for the people saying this is CDPR being lazy... CRUNCH IS BAD! ANYTHING THAT REDUCES CRUNCH IS GOOD! The human cost being saved here should not be dismissed as laziness! Even if you dislike the change, THIS IS A GOOD THING FOR THE PEOPLE MAKING THE GAME!

Beyond that, ya its will take a bit of getting used to, but its not going to make the game harder to play and it will allow better skins and new abilities to be added later. This is a weird change, but its better for the devs, its going to allow for more customization and it will make unplayable leaders who you like the flavor of to get some love.

The thing is leaders aren't really in the game anymore. Leaders are just skins, standing there just to stand there.

Finally CDPR can add all those leader skins from Thronebreaker. I am waiting such a long time for them to be included.
Great idea! Please add the Thronebreaker boards as well!

You missed the point.

It's a lot of work for them and they are appreciated for us and then with each patch they go forgotten and unused.

Abilieties, except Monsters leaders, never made much sense with the leader anyway.

Now we can finally use our favourites regardless of the meta
Yes exactly, but if they believe this will increase the number of used skins they are for a bad surprise, because everyone will use the 'coolest' or 'most popular' skin of a given faction and the others will rot in the cellar.
Having them tied to specific leaders at least provided some variety.

I really don't see how this is a good change.

You did see that Justice can't be used by Francesca anymore right?

Why? Justice is a Scoia'tael special card...or am I missing something here?
Post automatically merged:

It's based on the leader ability, not its skin.

Are you sure? 'cause it makes no sense. I play with Demavend (skin, but Foltest's ability), I see Demavend on the battlefield, I win, Demavend is happy and I get one win to my Foltest Mastery? Makes no sense...

What about the contracts "Win 100 matches with X leader"? I play Demavend with the "Foltest Ability" and get the contract after 100 win? I'm really sorry for all the player who worked (and suffered) hard to have these contracts...

Those will almost certainly change to become, "Win 100 matches with X leader ability." With the leader ability matcher the old leader it was attached too. So win 100 matches with Foltast becomes win 100 matches with the zeal leader ability.

So no it won't be a win to Foltest if you use Demavend with Foltest's old power.

Justice is a dual faction card and it should work. Unless it's confirmed that it doesn't?

That had slipped my mind so thank you for pointing that out. I wonder if Burza is confused though because he specifically said Justice on the stream.....
Post automatically merged:

Why? Justice is a Scoia'tael special card...or am I missing something here?

It's a dual faction card. I wonder if Burza is confused though because he specifically said Justice on the stream.....

The thing is leaders aren't really in the game anymore. Leaders are just skins, standing there just to stand there.

So their... Avatars from beta? A leader who's face and voice lines you chose based on preference, but does not effect your deck? Ya not really torn up about that honestly.

Like a few of these will be weird like Arnjolf spawning from Bran, but outside of that, most of the leaders abilities are not really tied to them as characters outside of Monsters, Ada, Arnjolf and... I donno... Ya that's basically it. I mean Fran used to be the mulligan leader and now she is spells and soon she will be the 'every non dwarf ST deck I run since I love Fran so much' leader.

Making 30 leaders into skins feels terrible, it strips them of all the meaning. And the whole change just so that new leaders and abilities were *sold* separately.
You could have just bumped the price on them you know, revamp the dust economy a bit.

And I sure see that its a tricky subject, It's just the cost of the manouver is very steep on the psychological/fiction level. Ppl did get attached to the leader they played, connected with the game better.

Yes exactly, but if they believe this will increase the number of used skins they are for a bad surprise, because everyone will use the 'coolest' or 'most popular' skin of a given faction and the others will rot in the cellar.
Having them tied to specific leaders at least provided some variety.

I really don't see how this is a good change.
That is our choice though. There is a difference between being forced to use a leader I do not like and the natural overpicking of characters in a game.

Every game with skins has some that are picked by the Majority, the difference is that you are not forced to do so.

For exemple I love Cleaver and I have 2 decks with him, but for me it was a struggle everytime just because i liked the character.

Or take DJ for exemple, my favourite the witcher character. Could not use him because he was disguntingly strong

Honestly I expect some surprises. Surely not Monsters, we already Know everybody is going to rotate around Dittlaff and Elder, but other factions not so much.

For exemple who do you think it's going to be the main skin for NR? Or Skellige?

That is our choice though. There is a difference between being forced to use a leader I do not like and the natural overpicking of characters in a game.

Every game with skins has some that are picked by the Majority, the difference is that you are not forced to do so.

For exemple I love Cleaver and I have 2 decks with him, but for me it was a struggle everytime just because i liked the character.

Or take DJ for exemple, my favourite the witcher character. Could not use him because he was disguntingly strong

Honestly I expect some surprises. Surely not Monsters, we already Know everybody is going to rotate around Dittlaff and Elder, but other factions not so much.

For exemple who do you think it's going to be the main skin for NR? Or Skellige?
The thing is now there are just 6 factions, no leaders. You get to pick an avatar. Everything that existed in between, being Eldain, Eredin whoever main gone. Doesn't exist anymore. And the whole mess with the welcome screens solutions to the problem just created.

Yes decoupling! Thank god! Finally Brouver can be a dwarf leader and I can unlock skins for leaders who are not as strong without feeling like I am wasting RP!
Except switching their abilities would be way easier than revamping the whole system.

Also for the people saying this is CDPR being lazy... CRUNCH IS BAD! ANYTHING THAT REDUCES CRUNCH IS GOOD! The human cost being saved here should not be dismissed as laziness! Even if you dislike the change, THIS IS A GOOD THING FOR THE PEOPLE MAKING THE GAME!
It's not the consumers' duty to care for the workers, it's the bosses'. If there is a crunch, pay the workers more or change the timeplan so that expansions are less frequent but easier to make.

So, basically, instead of caring that each ability is at least meme-tier playable, they can just ignore them because fans of Cleaver or Morvran no longer ask to boost their character.

Top Bottom