Overview of update 3.2

+
For every good cool change, there is one weird/seemingly unnecessary. I'm so angry at Call of the Forest now. Just stright up Edict instead of unique card with interesting mechancis.
Why do they even touch Call of the Forest? Was it not played at all, like some other cards?

About Resilence Dwarves. Archetype's been almost gone. Well my question is, why remove it from the game even more, than it's already been removed. Instead of changing this dwarf to more Vitality which doesn't synergise with anything, and a simple Bonding which requires tremendousely difficult thing as having 2 same cards, why not upgrade Resilence archetype as it was in Beta, to make it playable?

Last edited:
Yes decoupling! Thank god! Finally Brouver can be a dwarf leader and I can unlock skins for leaders who are not as strong without feeling like I am wasting RP! ...

Only out of interest: Why do you want to unlock leaders except one now? I am relativly new and till today I spent my reward points for unlocking leaders because I wanted their abilities. But now I have no reason to do that anymore.

Any more info on the overlay? Will ps4 streamers be able to use it? Its one of my most requested features, glad to see its finally here

Only out of interest: Why do you want to unlock leaders except one now? I am relativly new and till today I spent my reward points for unlocking leaders because I wanted their abilities. But now I have no reason to do that anymore.
You will still have to own the leader to use it's ability. So nothing is changed in this department.

You will still have to own the leader to use it's ability. So nothing is changed in this department.
I can use every ability of a faction with every leader of this faction, but I have to unlock one specific leader to have one specific ability? That would make no sense IMO. I rather suspect that we have to unlock the abilities to use them.

Except switching their abilities would be way easier than revamping the whole system.

It's not the consumers' duty to care for the workers, it's the bosses'. If there is a crunch, pay the workers more or change the timeplan so that expansions are less frequent but easier to make.

So, basically, instead of caring that each ability is at least meme-tier playable, they can just ignore them because fans of Cleaver or Morvran no longer ask to boost their character.
Exactly. Plus they can introduce way more abilities (even meme ones) without being bothered to have them vialable because of 2 months of work on a character. I mean it's a win win for us

I can use every ability of a faction with every leader of this faction, but I have to unlock one specific leader to have one specific ability? That would make no sense IMO. I rather suspect that we have to unlock the abilities to use them.

Ya I think the idea will be that you now unlock the abilities the same way you unlocked the leaders in the past and for the existing leader abilities they will likely come in a package, where your getting both the skin AND the ability, but once you have both you can use them with any other combination of leader skin/ability to have unlocked.

So unlocking all the abilities and skins would be the same as before, but now if you say... Unlocked Meve as your second leader, you would have Foltest, Meve, the leader ability to give zeal and boost by 1 3 times and the leader ability to buff by one every other turn and could combine those however you like. So classic style or Foltest as buff man or Meve as big Zeal girl.

So you would still want to grab all the leaders to unlock the skins and abilitys, but once you have them you can go wild with them. And if you unlock some alt skins for leaders you like, but who's abilities are not that good or just not your personal cup of tea you can still use them! For instance, I used to play Fran a TON back in beta, she was my girl! But part of that was that her mulligan + boost game play was the key to the hand buff deck I made and after HC she became the special leader which was never really my personal jam. Now though, I can play her in whatever ST deck I want and I can have a dwarf lead a dwarf deck! And I can play SY using that rad as hell Gudrun alt skin where she looks like a medieval Furiosa! How cool is that!

Look I get it, the leader skin change is a big deal and everyone is freaking, I am not trying to tell people not to or saying this is a purely good thing, but its happening weather we like it or not and rather then going in with a negative attitude and refusing to give it a chance why don't we actually... Try it out, see what positive aspects it has? Cus their are allot both for us as players and the devs as people who do not deserve to be forced into long crunch periods justify a system that is clearly already flawed.

Come on now, I am sure your all decent folk, lets be nice and give it a try?

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im sorry but it's clear to me after seeing this video of patch overview that CDPR is clearly more focused on bringing new players than on leaving the existing ones satisfied with the state of the game, by balancing gameplay.

Lately there's been a lot of work and effort on cosmetics, and now on visuals and aesthetics. Decoupling Leader abilities from Leaders? Why? Nobody asked from this and not only it requires lot of work, it will also cause a lot of unnecessary trouble, meanwhile there are tons of easier to implement suggestions regarding gameplay that get overlooked time and time again.

Regarding the balances and changes, i did like:
-overhaul of Dethlaff and vampires. i really like the char and wanted to do his mastery contract, but he was underwhelming so i decided to wait for the right moment and here it is!

-the nerf to Dijkstra, Townsfolk, Bounties, Foltest, Blue Stripes, and NR OP Golds. Usually i dont like overnerfs, but after this month i nurtured such a strong hate for these cards and decks i would be really happy to never see them again (which wont happen though, some are still damn good)

Didnt like:
-change to Francesca. Fortunately i already did my Mastery Contract with her. I liked using her ability on Muzzle, or maybe Lacerate, and it was obviously very popular with Ragnaroog. Now its probably only worth it with 2 or 3 cards.

-change to Cerys and OUR GREAT LORD HEMDALL.
Cerys ability was awesome, she only needed provision tweak. Now she'll be SK's Roche Merciless and everyone else will hate her and i will cry.
And Hemdall was the true gem of Warrior decks and Eist decks, an alternative to Harald/Dagur. Now, if i understood correctly, it's just an extra support to Dagur/Greatswords, which i hate.

Good job CDPR. Usually, im excited after seeing the video of upcoming patch, then get disappointed by the effect of the patch but this time im already disappointed beforehand.

Ya I think the idea will be that you now unlock the abilities the same way you unlocked the leaders in the past and for the existing leader abilities they will likely come in a package, where your getting both the skin AND the ability, but once you have both you can use them with any other combination of leader skin/ability to have unlocked.

So unlocking all the abilities and skins would be the same as before, but now if you say... Unlocked Meve as your second leader, you would have Foltest, Meve, the leader ability to give zeal and boost by 1 3 times and the leader ability to buff by one every other turn and could combine those however you like. So classic style or Foltest as buff man or Meve as big Zeal girl.

That is completely clear, but I have no need for a second leader, let alone more of them. I have Foltest, I can give him zeal or buff, unlocking Meve is for me senseless now. Of course I can live with it.

That is completely clear, but I have no need for a second leader, let alone more of them. I have Foltest, I can give him zeal or buff, unlocking Meve is for me senseless now. Of course I can live with it.

Perfect! I love Meve and you love Foltest, we can both use the leader we like best! See, the system works!

I mean I think you will still need to unlock Meve for now to unlock her ability to use WITH Foltest, but ya once you have the abilities you want you can just apply then to Foltest.

I mean not till next update since it sounds like their will be at least one more month before leaders and their abilities are decoupled. Soon though! SOON!

Perfect! I love Meve and you love Foltest, we can both use the leader we like best! See, the system works!

I mean I think you will still need to unlock Meve for now to unlock her ability to use WITH Foltest, but ya once you have the abilities you want you can just apply then to Foltest.

I mean not till next update since it sounds like their will be at least one more month before leaders and their abilities are decoupled. Soon though! SOON!

Oh no, I hate Foltest! Well ... not him but the decks that are played with him. I don't like one leader more than the other, the look is not important for me. I will get used to it, I think I have to make my own coupling of one leader with one ability.

rrc

Forum veteran
Lately there's been a lot of work and effort on cosmetics, and now on visuals and aesthetics. Decoupling Leader abilities from Leaders? Why? Nobody asked from this and not only it requires lot of work, it will also cause a lot of unnecessary trouble, meanwhile there are tons of easier to implement suggestions regarding gameplay that get overlooked time and time again.
Dear DRK3, I am excited about this change. Even though it is a big of a hard work to implement first, it will have huge impact in the future. Lets say one day Rysk or Jason comes up with an amazing idea for an ST leader. There is no way that idea come see the day of light in the current model. Because it needs a leader model, voice acting, reward book etc. It is huge work. But with this implemented, they can just add a new ability for ST, something really cool, and we can equip it on any leader. It makes adding more leader abilities easier and faster. And it benefits the players too. I hate Brouver's skin, but I want to play him. Now, I can equip it on leader I like and use it. In fact, this is a risky step. New players are going to be more confused on this and yet they want to take the risk. For the better of the game.

Didnt like:
-change to Francesca. Fortunately i already did my Mastery Contract with her. I liked using her ability on Muzzle, or maybe Lacerate, and it was obviously very popular with Ragnaroog. Now its probably only worth it with 2 or 3 cards.

-change to Cerys and OUR GREAT LORD HEMDALL.
Cerys ability was awesome, she only needed provision tweak. Now she'll be SK's Roche Merciless and everyone else will hate her and i will cry.
And Hemdall was the true gem of Warrior decks and Eist decks, an alternative to Harald/Dagur. Now, if i understood correctly, it's just an extra support to Dagur/Greatswords, which i hate.

Good job CDPR. Usually, im excited after seeing the video of upcoming patch, then get disappointed by the effect of the patch but this time im already disappointed beforehand.
I am a little sad about Francesca limited to ST, but she now has more provisions and the ST specials are really good (I mean, the three specials). The flexibility crippled her and now she is free and powerful. As an ST player, I really like this, that she get +2 provisions. (I would have been even more happy if it was increased without the restrictions, but it would be broken OP).

Cerys was awesome, I agree. I think she is still very very good. I am not sure if she is Roache level good that people will start crying about her. my limited knowledge in SK says she is not too OP with the new ability. Time will tell.

I don't know when I last saw Hemdall. He was awesome (there was a post or discussion saying that someone accidentally dueled him and he gained power with the damage he dealt since he is a warrior :p). But he was too restricted and vulnerable that he couldn't be played competitively. CDPR loves SK (Jason, admitted ;););)) and whatever they do, I believe it will be in SK's best interest.

May be this time you start out the patch with disappointment and then become excited later? I know that the sour taste last meta left in all of our mouth is still painful. Hopefully, the next meta is healthy. It is SK vs ST ;):beer:

I don't mind the nerf for bounty but the nerf to a totally balanced Swindle was completely unnecessary. It hurts tribute and
practically all SY leaders too.

Devs always listen to bad players complaining and making stupid suggestions.
Swindle was 5 coins on average and if you look at some of the unbalanced 4 provision bronces other factions have 4 coins on average is just underwhelming.

Only some bounty and Igor decks were op but so is and remains Francesca and was NR`Draug.

As a dedicated SK player I don't like the Hemdall and Cerys changes.
They kinda killed Eist warriors and made him a more general leader now. Both an craite warrior and hemdall make no sense in his deck now.
Hemdall is a finisher card now while it had interesting gamplay before. There is no point in resurrecting him now since his ability is a 1time deploy. Also 12 prov? 12 prov for a finisher means you gonna have a baadd time r1 and r2.
Cerys also had some gameplay options in a variety of decks, and now it's dumbed down to a thinning option and luck of the draw - if you get cerys round 1 you are great, if you get her later - you probably wasted a lot of mulligans to play her efficiently.

I do like the alchemy changes and the freya's blessing 7 to 6 prov, however I still don't think Gremist is worth it. He's 1 lock away from being useless and chaining his ability would screw up your correct order of playing cards.

So I wonder, what would you ressurect with Sigfrida's rite now? Hemdall is no longer an option. Hell, most of the expensive SK cards make no sense here, and the rite is 10 prov...turns into a very situational card. Maybe double Olaf, but why would you do this?

What they did with SK is not a direct buff, they just made some entirely useless cards somewhat playable. Curiously my whole SK deck has 0 changes after this patch both provision and power wise.

Dear DRK3, I am excited about this change. Even though it is a big of a hard work to implement first, it will have huge impact in the future. Lets say one day Rysk or Jason comes up with an amazing idea for an ST leader. There is no way that idea come see the day of light in the current model. Because it needs a leader model, voice acting, reward book etc. It is huge work. But with this implemented, they can just add a new ability for ST, something really cool, and we can equip it on any leader. It makes adding more leader abilities easier and faster. And it benefits the players too. I hate Brouver's skin, but I want to play him. Now, I can equip it on leader I like and use it. In fact, this is a risky step. New players are going to be more confused on this and yet they want to take the risk. For the better of the game.

I have LONG wanted to see Iorveth and Saskia get a chance at becoming ST leaders, though I always suspected that Eldain made Iorveth redundant and Saskia would only make it in if their was some sort of W2 themed expansion, but now? Tossing them in as unique skins would no longer cause a massive headache and we get to once again remind the other leaders not to irritate a dragon and how, "Lackeys like you we coat in honey, then tie you down on an anthill!"

Plus Roach and Dandelion and all the other amazing taunts we had back before Homecoming restricted the voice lines to your leader. I for one cannot wait to hear that nostalgic cry of, "What!? HOW!?!" Once again!

As a dedicated SK player I don't like the Hemdall and Cerys changes.
They kinda killed Eist warriors and made him a more general leader now. Both an craite warrior and hemdall make no sense in his deck now.
Hemdall is a finisher card now while it had interesting gamplay before. There is no point in resurrecting him now since his ability is a 1time deploy. Also 12 prov? 12 prov for a finisher means you gonna have a baadd time r1 and r2.
Cerys also had some gameplay options in a variety of decks, and now it's dumbed down to a thinning option and luck of the draw - if you get cerys round 1 you are great, if you get her later - you probably wasted a lot of mulligans to play her efficiently.

I do like the alchemy changes and the freya's blessing 7 to 6 prov, however I still don't think Gremist is worth it. He's 1 lock away from being useless and chaining his ability would screw up your correct order of playing cards.

So I wonder, what would you ressurect with Sigfrida's rite now? Hemdall is no longer an option. Hell, most of the expensive SK cards make no sense here, and the rite is 10 prov...turns into a very situational card. Maybe double Olaf, but why would you do this?

What they did with SK is not a direct buff, they just made some entirely useless cards somewhat playable. Curiously my whole SK deck has 0 changes after this patch both provision and power wise.

SK to SK.

RIP Beast Bran. They keep nerfing King Bran every patch. There's no point in building a whole deck for a single pay-off.

Hemdall rework is okay but i'd rather have this ability on a new card and have Hemdall synergize with Warriors or Kambi (Lore). As for Cerys, she is only great in early rounds and forces you to take risky mulligans. Her orignial ability has more flavor, they should have just buffed her to Ronvid level - "Whenever you play a Warrior, Summon this unit from your graveyard to a random allied row".

Freya's Blessing is a huge buff BUT the best res targets got nerfed (Tuirseach Bearmaster and An Craite Warrior). Gremist is playable now with all these status effects, but all we asked for him before was Zeal or Deploy instead.

Removing Sigdrifa's Rite warrior restriction is a mistake, it's basically a cheaper Renew. "Summon" doesn't even matter because most of your Sig targets are for point slam. As for Sig target, the best options are: Olaf, Vildkaarl/Champion, Jutta, Blueboy, Sigvald and for backup you have Veterans. You can even Purify Arnjolf for extra Sig target.

Overall, it's an okay patch for SK.

Top Bottom