Overwatch sniper riffle disappears after point of no return

+
Hi,
does anyone know how to solve this issue. Whenever I pass the point of no return in the game the overwatch sniper riffle is missing from my inventory. Even when I craft it after the point of no return it vanishes. I had the legendary version and it's kind of frustrating as it is my strongest weapon.

have noticed the same, it happens exactly once the lift button is pressed....doesn`t matter where the item is located in the storage, equipped or not it allways vanishes. Really annoying `cause is also one of my strongest weapons.

Hi,
does anyone know how to solve this issue. Whenever I pass the point of no return in the game the overwatch sniper riffle is missing from my inventory. Even when I craft it after the point of no return it vanishes. I had the legendary version and it's kind of frustrating as it is my strongest weapon.
Last-resort work-around would supposedly be to go and do "beat the brat" fight in Arroyo, make sure to up the stakes and earn that other iconic Grad sniper rifle, before heading beyond the point of no return. That one has no silencer, but is even stronger damage-wise.

To make the fist fight easy, use guerilla arms with addons, and chain strong attacks on the guy. He's very vulnerable to this simple tactic. When out of stamina, just run around non-stop recovering your stamina and be sure to resume strong attack only when he does some kind of "ok let's cheer myself up a bit" animation (i.e. not attacking at the moment).

Last-resort work-around would supposedly be to go and do "beat the brat" fight in Arroyo, make sure to up the stakes and earn that other iconic Grad sniper rifle, before heading beyond the point of no return. That one has no silencer, but is even stronger damage-wise.

To make the fist fight easy, use guerilla arms with addons, and chain strong attacks on the guy. He's very vulnerable to this simple tactic. When out of stamina, just run around non-stop recovering your stamina and be sure to resume strong attack only when he does some kind of "ok let's cheer myself up a bit" animation (i.e. not attacking at the moment).
Thank you for the tip, I'll try to get that gun as an alternative. And thanks on the tips about the fight itself, I'll need them as I am s*** at first person fighting in a game lol

I had not noticed this myself, I still use my overwatch sniper riffle all the time after I finished "don't fear the reaper".

But why not just SAVE your game before you go up the elevator? Finish the game and get your end game "achievements" (if you are into that stuff) and then load the old save.

Is this a glitch in your game or something after the latest patch? I am not updated yet, I am not going to update until they have new content.

After clicking the button in the elevator to go to Embers passing the point of no return, my Sniper rifle disappears from my inventory, I don't know if it is working as intended. A workaround I found (but only if you choose the Aldecaldos ending) is to leave the rifle in my stash, then recover it when I am in their camp before starting the attack to Arasaka tower. I was no able to recover it when I did the ending attacking the Arasaka tower alone (and damn, how useful that sniper rifle would have been in some sections). I have a video where the transition can be seen and I can submit it as a proof if required. The forums don't allow to upload videos. Left image is before pushing the button, the one in the right is after pushing it

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.04 - 09.50.26.30.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.04 - 09.50.26.30.png
    4.7 MB · Views: 429
  • Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.04 - 09.50.47.48.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2021.04.04 - 09.50.47.48.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 424
Last edited:
I just precisely posted about this (my thread is redundant, I apologize). A workaround I found but I suppose that only works for the Star ending (Aldecaldos), is to put the Overwatch in my stash (I dropped it in my car's stash before entering Embers), then, before going to the Arasaka tower attack with Panam I recovered it from my stash in the tent I have in the camp. I only am interested in the Solo and the Aldecaldos endings, so I can't tell whether you can access your stash before the attack in the other endings.

To expand a bit on this, it has been my experience that Overwatch is returned to your inventory once you complete the ending missions and choose to continue playing after the end credits. So far I have tried it three times with different ending paths and it's been back in my inventory all three times. The real annoyance seems to be getting locked out of using the rifle during the ending missions.

Also worth mentioning, I have the Rare quality version of the rifle that still has the quest item marker on it, plus a Legendary crafted version. They both disappear when Nocturne Op55N1 starts and both are returned after the end credits.

mbrto

Forum regular
pc players can user to mod respector to get the rifle back until this is fixed

Before starting a mission with Hanako, I recommend stashing your weapons in a locker at home. Then the weapon will not be removed

Same here clearly a problem. In the nomad ending I couldn't understand why I was shooting with what appeared to be a toy sniper gun until I checked inventory and overwatch simply isn't there. Again, it seems to disappear come the (Embers) elevator.

Edit: as suggested above, putting the rifle in your stash before entering the embers elevator allows you to recover the rifle at the stash in the Nomad camp (for the Nomad ending, obviously). I haven't actually played through to the mission yet to see whether you can use it.

Last edited:
The reports about being able to pick up the Overwatch when doing the Panam ending gave me an idea. I was wondering whether it's possible to drive your motorbike (aka mobile stash) to a place that's accessible during the mission and access the Overwatch there.
Short answer is - yes - it's possible. So if you want to have the Overwatch on your final mission place it in your stash before you enter the elevator to meet with Hanako and then drive one of your motorbikes to the back alley between Viktors clinic and the elevator shaft that leads to the roof that Misty leads you to. You can then safely pick it up again before going up.
1625466350283.png

Top Bottom