Pacifist Play-through?

+
I want MP. I want MP with a PvP flag before the game starts. I wanna be a Runner and over-ride Wisdom's cyber. And make him ride around on a kid's tricycle until he logs out after failing to beat my hack rolls.

Yes I do.

I want MP. I want MP with a PvP flag before the game starts. I wanna be a Runner and over-ride Wisdom's cyber. And make him ride around on a kid's tricycle until he logs out after failing to beat my hack rolls.

Yes I do.

I'm a nomad... none of my shit is hooked up to the net, I got an eye, an arm and 2 legs, and some internal organs that all had to be replaced... no gps bullshit or times square, or any of that... Started out pure meat, but run into enough trouble and you start losing percentages, bits of yourself left in the dirt to get picked at by flies. But a nomad never gets more than he needs, because the more he has, the more he is fucked when he is the middle of nowhere and shits starts malfunctioning.

And we damn sure don,t trust the man to be sending us "patches" for our shit...

But if you want me to ride around on a kids trike, that's as easy as offering me firewater that didn't come from some half blind, half crazy, asshole with a still...

Good point. COuld just get you drunk. That works.

I'm speaking of micro-net hacking. As you know. I wonder if the game will incorporate any of that? It was pretty niche, even in the old days.

Good point. COuld just get you drunk. That works.

I'm speaking of micro-net hacking. As you know. I wonder if the game will incorporate any of that? It was pretty niche, even in the old days.

That would be asking.... a LOT.... out of the game...

Details.

Or it could be a simple Menu option and skill-check. Followed by a selection of choices for sabotage or control. Boring, but workable.

It's edgy! It's lethal! You could die and probably will! It's the Dark Future! Don't, god forbid, -kill- any of those evil bastards and murderous minions!

"Hi, I'm Joe Neal Bob the Ruthless Corporate PC. I -was- going to have that Fixer, Sherry Stabyouinthebackski, ( It's Polish), flung from her tenth-floor apartment by my goons and shot in the head a few times on their way out just to be sure but you know what?"

Pauses to reflect as he strokes his white-furred cyber-cat.

"I don't want anyone to die on this playthrough and I REALLY like it when old enemies show up later to destroy me. Let Sherry live! Yes! And, guys, while you're there, if you could maybe tidy up her place a bit, do the dishes. You know how busy she gets, what with the interfering in our operations and paying off people to ruin us! Yeah. that'd be good. Leave some mints on her pillow, too. Really shake her up!"

Gag. Me.

It's edgy! It's lethal! You could die and probably will! It's the Dark Future! Don't, god forbid, -kill- any of those evil bastards and murderous minions!

"Hi, I'm Joe Neal Bob the Ruthless Corporate PC. I -was- going to have that Fixer, Sherry Stabyouinthebackski, ( It's Polish), flung from her tenth-floor apartment by my goons and shot in the head a few times on their way out just to be sure but you know what?"

Pauses to reflect as he strokes his white-furred cyber-cat.

"I don't want anyone to die on this playthrough and I REALLY like it when old enemies show up later to destroy me. Let Sherry live! Yes! And, guys, while you're there, if you could maybe tidy up her place a bit, do the dishes. You know how busy she gets, what with the interfering in our operations and paying off people to ruin us! Yeah. that'd be good. Leave some mints on her pillow, too. Really shake her up!"

Gag. Me.

Do you mind telling me all the details of your master plan before I go... if not, its completely understandable... I must say, I am impressed by the color co-ordination of your henchmen, that's must have been a lot of effort to put together, particularly since they seem to be color coded by field of expertise.

Do you mind telling me all the details of your master plan before I go... if not, its completely understandable... I must say, I am impressed by the color co-ordination of your henchmen, that's must have been a lot of effort to put together, particularly since they seem to be color coded by field of expertise.

"Oh, you have NO idea! And the cleaning bills! I would keep shooting my launderers, but frankly, a good cleaner is much harder to find than a bunch of murderous thugs. EXPENSES! The bane of villainry! The only reason we keep leaving these idiot adventurers alive is to justify expenses to the Board of Directors. It's a vicious cycle. Really makes me question my whole life-goal. "Join the Corporation," they said. "Order bush-league dictators around!" they said. And did ANYone talk about overhead or deductibles for cleaning expenses? No!"

It would be awesome if it would be like the Blade Runner game which was the best cyberpunk game in my opinion.
You couldn't finish the game without killing anyone but you could chose who you want to kill and who you want to spare.
You had to make some relly tough choices like to kill a teenage replicant or to spare her/it. I would welcome such tough choices.

Attachments

• pacifism1.jpg
    pacifism1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 31
I..I think I'm in love. It's all so pure gold.

Well, she will be easy to romance, as she will be lying all dead on the street and what not, her hand still making the peace symbol, even if it is doing so from a gutter across the street from the rest of the body...

You should be able to avoid killing, but it should have some severe consequences.

Not killing in games usually is left to a pretty simple combat or story mode choice with a VERY VERY simple binary branching story outcome that usually gets resolved very quickly in the form of a reward or help or something.

Cyberpunk is very much an Amoral world since it's amoral your choices need to have both good and bad consequences while controlling to a degree your ability understand how "good" or "bad" you choices are.

For example: I'd love to have an opportunity to spare someone but in sparing them perhaps they kill someone else who's important or let's say my choice not to kill forces another character to have to kill? That's the complicated morality I expect in a Cyberpunk game. No clear cut answers.

You should be able to avoid killing, but it should have some severe consequences. That's the complicated morality I expect in a Cyberpunk game. No clear cut answers.

I would say, there should be consequences either way, really. Murder is murder. Still, given the lethal severity of Cyberpunk, if you choose to try a non-lethal playthrough, I would expect a lot more save/reload. Why?

Because excluding psychopaths, people kill only out of necessity. They do it because it's the least shitty of a series of shitty choices. They don't do it because it's fun. It's easier than the other options. If you choose -not- to do this most heinous thing, then I would expect a commensurate spike in the chance of you ending face-down in the pouring gutters.

Although as I've said, whether you do it yourself or have a minion do it, a Cyberpunk story that you can conclude without lethal choice, doesn't seem very cyberpunk to me at all.

Not much of an Edge if all it does is bruise ya, chombatta.

In the last Witcher 3 interview CDPR said that they're bringing in the concept of enemy morale, with a possibility of surrender. Player choice whether or not to accept. Looting available either way, your decision may have consequences (again, either way).

That's something I could see working well in CP77 too.

REALLY? This is from my perspective, fantastic news.

Morale is so pre-eminent in conflict. You can check casualty figures from any conflict and what you'll leanr is that the side that lost or surrendered gave up a tiny fraction of it's population before giving in. Morale. They simply did not want to pay the butcher's bill any more.

And with reason! If you've seen 2 of your friends chopped to garbage in front of you, only a very serious, committed opponent will proceed. Outside crazy situations like, say, Stalingrad, this just isn't common. People give up and go away. You only have one life, why lose it?

Yet so few games encompass this. In order to succeed you typically have to chop and shoot your way through legions of the enemy. Even so-called smarter games like Hitman Blood Money, for example, feature insanely determined opponents. Very silly.

Anyone who has seen Tombstone should remember Kurt Russell standing off a crowd of violent people with himself and his pistol to the head of the mob leader. And breaking their spirit.
Perfect example of morale - and Cop Authority in play.

That is great news. I really hope this feature makes it in.

Although as I've said, whether you do it yourself or have a minion do it, a Cyberpunk story that you can conclude without lethal choice, doesn't seem very cyberpunk to me at all.

I like what your wrote about "Lethal Choice."
I think this brings up a sliding scale about what constitutes lethal choices? Killing obviously, but convincing someone else to kill for you or to die for you could be seen as a lethal choice as well. For example do you run behing a crowd to avoid the bullets from the gangers guns using your boosted reflexes to run away? Is that Killing? Perhaps not directly you avoided the confrontation and didn't have to "kill" your opponent.

Maybe that's what in the end we're talking about that Lethal choices needs to grow to embody a complex set of actiona with complex moral and game consequences - outside of a cost/benefit reward strucuture/ simplified morality of you used a stun gun rather than a gun with real bullets therefor eyou ware "good" while bullet gun guy is "bad".

Top Bottom