Pacifist Way to Complete Cyberpunk 2077?

+
So usually when I play a game, in my first playthrough I always go in guns-blazing, shooting the shit out of anything that moves. After that, I always play a second time, but this time, I take the pacifist/stealth approach, trying to minimize as much deaths as possible. I'm really hoping for a pacifist way to complete Cyberpunk 2077, for example always taking stealth and using non-lethal weapons. Something like Watch Dogs 2, where it's possible to complete the game without killing anybody.

They've essentially said that you can't get through the game without killing anyone, but that you will be able to handle situations utilizing means other than violence be it stealth, cunning, diplomacy, etc though we don't yet really have details on what percentage, exactly what those means look like, etc.

I'm really hoping for a pacifist way to complete Cyberpunk 2077, for example always taking stealth and using non-lethal weapons.
I don't think a 100% pacifist play-through will be possible based on this quote:

In an interview, CD Projekt Red quest designer Patrick Mills confirmed to Game Informer that, while you'll have a lot variety in your choices throughout Cyberpunk, your role within its world will make it impossible to always take a non-lethal approach. "You do play as a mercenary, so there are not non-violent solutions to all problems," he said. "It's not possible go through the game non-violently. You're a mercenary. Your job is violence."

That doesn't mean every quest has to end in a shootout, however. "What we do want do want to do is provide room for subtlety and less aggressive options for sure," Mills said. "Obviously that deal in the demo goes bad, but without spoiling anything, it may be possible to get through that encounter without that deal going bad depending on how you handle it."
https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...-finish-cyberpunk-2077-without-killing-anyone

However, it has also been stated multiple times that a "more pacifist" play-style is an option for the netrunner class. That doesn't mean no violence of course, just less. See: Cyberpunk 2077: Everything We Know So Far - TechRaptor; What we know about CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 game so far ...

EDIT: Ninjaed. Well played sir.

Last edited:
I don't think a 100% pacifist play-through will be possible based on this quote:

https://www.gameinformer.com/e3-201...-finish-cyberpunk-2077-without-killing-anyone

However, it has also been stated multiple times that a "more pacifist" play-style is an option for the netrunner class. That doesn't mean no violence of course, just less. See: Cyberpunk 2077: Everything We Know So Far - TechRaptor; What we know about CD Projekt Red's Cyberpunk 2077 game so far ...

EDIT: Ninjaed. Well played sir.

Hmm... good point. Well I'm gonna have to play as a netrunner for my pacifist playthrough :)

Why? You could have gone guns blazing instead, that's why it's a choice. We're talking about Original Deus Ex correct?
I think its more a way for him telling that since ''it was possible'' to do it, he had to do it as a gaming/personal achievement.

CP77 will require a ot of killing.
Solo - be they ninjas or terminators, the bodycount will be high and brutal.
Netrunner - subtle approach, Still, a lot of brutal kills (brain frying, for christsakes)
Techie - Probably the least lethal. But drones and robots can be as deadly and brutal as a ganmg of solos.
But the end result in body count will brobably depend on a player. Stealth kill vs stealth take down. Killing a bunch of lowlives or scare the shit out of them. Work with corporate agents vs killing them and taking their shit. But "talk the shit out of every situation" as it could (reportedly) happen in Fallout - not gonna happen.

MD, dunno i just feel like when the stealth option is there thats the canon way of doing it.
I agree, HR and MD really look like they were developed with a stealth approach in mind. I don't think it's a case that both have a lot of options for stealth/hacking but when it comes to shooting are pretty lame. That's something I loved about the CP2077 demo: it's fast and fun. I expect different possible approaches as well (almost demand them), but I liked the style.

As a Deus Ex guy, I'm right there with ya on pacifist gameplay but for posterity's sake I hope that CP2077 is different from Deus Ex. I don't want it to be Cyberpunk: Human Revolution, or Cyberpunk_Dogs. So I'm conflicted all in all. I want proper stealth but I know it's not really a CDPR trait, circa Witcher 2. However, I'm hoping the stealth features in CP2077 will surprise me. I'm down to murder everyone who can be murdered in Night City too. Stress bust mode activated!

As a Deus Ex guy, I'm right there with ya on pacifist gameplay but for posterity's sake I hope that CP2077 is different from Deus Ex. I don't want it to be Cyberpunk: Human Revolution, or Cyberpunk_Dogs. So I'm conflicted all in all. I want proper stealth but I know it's not really a CDPR trait, circa Witcher 2. However, I'm hoping the stealth features in CP2077 will surprise me. I'm down to murder everyone who can be murdered in Night City too. Stress bust mode activated!

my problem with stealth has always been that once ur discovered u reload a previous save game.

I love when a game allows pacifist and full stealth approach.

I'm not really surprised CP77 won't give you an opportunity to do those things. Not only because "duh mercenary", but because the scope of the game prevents intricate level design, which is required for functioning stealth and/or pacifist approaches. I sort of expected more brute force solution.

my problem with stealth has always been that once ur discovered u reload a previous save game.

I mean, that's an issue with immersion/suspension of disbelief, and it's an issue with most gameplay features in all games, though. Death = reload, Wrong choice = Reload, Item lost = reload, quest failed = reload etc. Until game devs find a workaround to it like Dark Souls and Shadow of Mordor/War there's not much we can do as players but suspend our disbelief harder. HITMAN has a good workaround, too. You get caught = you take out the witness, and go delete footage from security cam servers. But perfectionists (le moi) will just restart the level anyway. So yeah, you're not wrong. It's definitely an annoyance when you think about how stealth forces you to basically break your own immersion by constantly saving and reloading. It hasn't bothered me all that much after playing Deus Ex, Dishonored, and HITMAN etc. So maybe I've just become immune to it.

Top Bottom