Pack 20 adventures+links for download 4 other adventures

+
Pack 20 adventures+links for download 4 other adventures

I collected 24 fan adventures(probably all created adventures). I put 20 adventures in compressed pack and I uploaded pack on speedyshare.com. I can't compress advemtures with automatic installation.

Upload off! Read topic!

List of adventures in pack and autors:
Blight of The Bogs by joasiaR
Birth and Virgins by Simon Brooke
Deceits by Debren
Deception by REDFlame Interactive
Graveyard Party by REDFlame Interactive
John's diary by Feebe
King of Beggars by PM TEAM(Laufes i Asper.)
Medical Problems by Corylea
Merry Witchmas by Ifrit
Poet's Pride by arkray
Evil Decision by Hexenmeister Raven
Red silk by nandusso
Right to the Throne by Ifrit
Stan Wyjątkowy by senio555
The Wedding by Ifrit
Tribute by guz
Wielka Ucieczka by mistar11 (in past kamillo_99)
What a Man Needs by arkray
Wraiths of Quiet Hamletby dan_123
Yennefer Valentine by Corylea

In pack I put two times John's Diary, but I will repair this tommorow.
I will update pack, when some adweture will be update
If in pack miss some adenture, tell me thet by private message or post in topic.

I want thank me, for my desire to play in all The Witcher's adventures, and I want thank Szypek for answer on my questions, so I so I published a pack.

Enjoy!

I'm sorry for my English. I'm from Poland

Link for topic on polish forum:
http://pl.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33967-paczka-20-fanowskich-przygodlinki-do-4-kolejnych/

You need permission from the authors of those adventures to put them in a "pack" like this. You do NOT have permission from the authors, and I know that because I'm one of the authors.

Please take down your upload.

I take down upload.
I'm sorry for it. I think, I don't understand Szypek or he tell me this wrong.

tajron8 said:
I take down upload.
I'm sorry for it. I think, I don't understand Szypek or he tell me this wrong.
Thank you!

If you want to make something like this, send a message to the author of every adventure and ask them for permission. You can include the ones who say yes.

Corylea said:
Thank you!

If you want to make something like this, send a message to the author of every adventure and ask them for permission. You can include the ones who say yes.
Ok. I will. I will talk with szypek and with authors of adventures about it.

I'm again sorry. I'm very very sorry.
Are you mad at me?

tajron8 said:
Ok. I will. I will talk with szypek and with authors of adventures about it.

I'm again sorry. I'm very very sorry.
Are you mad at me?
I'm thrilled that someone's interested enough in TW1 adventures to go to this much trouble. :D

If you look at the rules on the Nexus site, they say that nothing from another author can be uploaded UNLESS YOU HAVE THAT AUTHOR'S PERMISSION. So this is not just from me; it's the commonly-understood rule in the modding community that you get permission BEFORE doing something like this.

I'm preparing a new version of "Medical Problems 1," which is why I don't want it in there. You have my permission to include "Yennefer's Valentine" if you include a link to the threads where that adventure is hosted, so players know where to ask questions or leave me a comment if they want to.

Most mod authors will want you to include a link to the places where their adventures are hosted, in case players have questions or comments. That's one of the reasons WHY you ask permission first, because the mod's authors may think of something that you don't. ;)

"Yennefer's Valentine" is hosted at these two places:

http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27867-tw1-adventure-yennefers-valentine-a-bite-sized-adventure/

and

http://witcher.nexusmods.com/mods/253

I do not understand completely(this is fault my English).
Have I permision for put Yennefer Valentines in pack,if I write you in credits and write link for your topic and download?
I haven't permision for put Medical Problems in pack, because you're now doing new version of Medical Problem, right?
What will be,when you will end new version of Medical Problem?

Can I reapload old adventures without permission?
Can I write in my topic link for download and topic of adventures without permission?

When will you end and upload new version of Medical Problems? I want play this. Your adventures are awesome and I very like play in your adventures.
Will new version of Medical Problems be also translate for Polish? I had a lot problems in understanding this adventures and because I can't end adventure and I'm sad.

For reuploading of old adventures, I would say no. You must make an effort to obtain permission. This means you must try to locate the mod author and request permission. It may not be easy to locate the mod author; it may even be impossible. But you must try.

We've had a few problems with reuploaders who have plagiarized mods, by posting other people's mods on a download site and crediting only themselves. Even though mods are gifts to the player community for them to use at no cost, that's not the manner of use that authors intend and not the manner of use that is tolerated in any creative community.

tajron8 said:
I do not understand completely(this is fault my English).
I'm sorry that I don't speak Polish! Szypek speaks very good English, so if you have a question about anything I say, you can ask him what I have said.

tajron8 said:
Have I permision for put Yennefer Valentines in pack,if I write you in credits and write link for your topic and download?
That's right.

tajron8 said:
I haven't permision for put Medical Problems in pack, because you're now doing new version of Medical Problem, right?
That's right, too. I think you understand English better than you realize. ;)

tajron8 said:
What will be,when you will end new version of Medical Problem?
It will be ready in about a week. Then Adamus will help Salutiferous and Piotrek translate it to Polish.

tajron8 said:
Can I reapload old adventures without permission?
Can I write in my topic link for download and topic of adventures without permission?
Are you talking about the adventures that other people made? If that's what you mean, then no. It's the rule in the modding community that you ask people before you include the things they have made in a compilation. Since you're becoming a modder by making your compilation, you need to learn the rules of the community you're joining. :)

tajron8 said:
I want play this. Your adventures are awesome and I very like play in your adventures.
Thank you! I'm very happy to hear that you like them.

tajron8 said:
Will new version of Medical Problems be also translate for Polish? I had problems in understanding this adventures.
Yes. Adamus will help Salutiferous and Piotrek translate it to Polish.

It's an unwritten rule, not only among modders, to ask the author if you want to re-publish his/her work. From a legal point of view, you probably can do it, you can republish if it's for free, properly credited etc., since most of the assets belong to CDPR anyway. But it's better to ask for permission. Do you remember the problems connected with the publication of Morrowind 2011 mod collection? ;)

Fantasta said:
It's an unwritten rule, not only among modders, to ask the author if you want to re-publish his/her work. From a legal point of view, you probably can do it, you can republish if it's for free, properly credited etc., since most of the assets belong to CDPR anyway. But it's better to ask for permission. Do you remember the problems connected with the publication of Morrowind 2011 mod collection? ;)/>/>

From a legal point of view, it's probably breach of copyright. Yes, the underlying assets belong to the developer, which gives them rights, which may include rights on mods made from these assets. Bethesda retain a LOT of rights on mods, such as the right to stop a mod from being sold. However, the creative work that the modder adds to those assets is their own work, and their own IP. That means that the downloader can use the mod, and even re-mod it for their own use, but they can't redistribute without express permission from the original modder.

It's never been tested in court, but this is one area where courtesy and the law are likely to be aligned.

Corylea said:
I don't, since I'm not part of the Morrowind community. What happened?

About two years ago now, a Canadian fellow, Tyler Smith ("warwon"), made a big compilation of Morrowind graphics mods and released it as a torrent. He was found out and shut down.

The TES modder community is very protective of their work; modders generally do not relinquish control of distribution. Smith didn't even ask permission to distribute any of these mods. One modder wrote in condemnation of Smith,

The Morrowind community has a no tolerance policy when it comes to plagiarism and the restrictions a modder puts on their work are supported by international law. While asking would have gotten you permission from quite a few folks, as we tend to be friendly when given a bit of respect, keeping this hush-hush until release because you knew it wouldn’t go over well really didn’t help matters any.

Artists have enough trouble keeping their work from being cheapened without having to deal with pond scum like Smith. Claims that he was merely making their work available to a wider audience are frivolous and offensive, because it is the artist's prerogative to seek a particular audience in a particular way, not some Johnny-come-lately's.

(GT)

I did not know that modders are more allergic to it than the developers of free software and games.

I think it's an exaggeration. It is strange for me to call it plagiarism. What else would anyone want to sell these mods. That would be a violation of law. But sharing?

nocny said:
(GT)

I did not know that modders are more allergic to it than the developers of free software and games.

I think it's an exaggeration. It is strange for me to call it plagiarism. What else would anyone want to sell these mods. That would be a violation of law. But sharing?
No one has said that what Tajron8 did was plagiarism; plagiarism was mentioned in connection with a different incident that was used as an example of how extreme things can get if the makers of compilations don't ask permission first.

What's the big deal with asking permission? It's not like people are asking for the moon; we're only asking for simple courtesy.

dragonbird said:
However, the creative work that the modder adds to those assets is their own work, and their own IP. That means that the downloader can use the mod, and even re-mod it for their own use, but they can't redistribute without express permission from the original modder.

It's never been tested in court, but this is one area where courtesy and the law are likely to be aligned.
It depends on the license attached to the given mod. If it's -- for example -- CC BY-NC-ND Creative Commons Attribution NonCommercial NoDerivs it means that downloaders can redistribute the mod, but they can't modify it, can't make derivative works, nor take any money for it. Now, the fun begins. Is a compilation a derivative work? No? But what if for example, some mods can't coexist together, so the author of the compilation may have altered little something here and there to publish them together. Is it still only a compilation? In my humble opinion: no.
Of course, if someone makes a motion picture/video game based on your work you can take the producers to court ;)

I'm not against you making a pack but I think you should have asked like other who used the mods before. You must take in consideration that .adv files are easy to modify by another person than the creator.

Besides mine can be downloaded from mediafire easily, the links are in my LJ and I periodically check they are online:

http://arkray.livejournal.com/

And those are:

http://www.mediafire.com/?14wmpwdilmd => What a Mans Need

http://www.mediafire.com/?dythnxocyl1 => Poet's Pride

Just place links, no need to repack IMO.

Corylea said:
I'm sorry that I don't speak Polish! Szypek speaks very good English, so if you have a question about anything I say, you can ask him what I have said.
That's right, too. I think you understand English better than you realize. ;)/>

I'm understanding some things better and some worse. When I don't understand, I use google translator. I want better speak English, so I want speak with you alone.

Corylea said:
you need to learn the rules of the community you're joining. :)/>
And because I aks you about this and I ask Szypek, can I upload pack, if I only know who is author adventure and I write logins authors in credits.

Corylea said:
It will be ready in about a week. Then Adamus will help Salutiferous and Piotrek translate it to Polish.

Yes. Adamus will help Salutiferous and Piotrek translate it to Polish.
Wonderful! I will play sure.

Corylea said:
http://arkray.livejournal.com/

And those are:

http://www.mediafire.com/?14wmpwdilmd => What a Mans Need

http://www.mediafire.com/?dythnxocyl1 => Poet's Pride

Just place links, no need to repack IMO.
Thank you, but Poet's Pride isn't in polish language. I have polish version of Poet;s Pride, but I'm not remember from.

Top Bottom