Padre amnesia ?

+
Nomads the only LP that can find and tell Meredith who the mole is.

Theres subtle differences like this throughout the game an in nearly every mission, just like how you've distributed your attributes, i've did a mission where i had the required body lvl to open a back door an rescue someone in all of 2 mins, the tech lvl requirement to open a roof panel and none of them so had to do it the old fashioned style all in one mission an nigh every mission has these approaches you can take.

Is it game changing? No

Does it drastically alter the narrative? No

But it all lends itself to me being able to RP each character differently although there all ultimately the same

Guest 4531988

Lifepaths has no impact whatsoever on how you can approach a mission.

Only thing that will truly have impact on how you approach is body and technical skill.
Maxing body and tech skill will give you most options on how to approach missions.

There is only one place lifepath has small impact on conversation that is clouds.
As CORPO you can talk him down without killing him.
But this can also be accomplished by threat to take it to the press and doing right choices.
To get the option to use the press you need to have finished and done the mission with the prisoner and streaming of his death BD and that can be done by any lifepath and will also tlak him down without killing.

That is the one and only place I seen life path really matter in conversations.
If you look at all convos there is very few yellow ones with lifepaths and they are the only ones that matters.
All the blue ones is just some extra information and sometimes lifepath can speed up a convo ending it sooner but never any real impact on how to do a side mission or gig and the main missions are exactly the same no matter what lifepath you take there is not even any change in convos.

I know the Nomad path can talk the Lady down in Kabuki and suggest she goes with Nomads. Then instead of finding out later that even if you talked her down and can find out she went on a killing spree of officers to die herself, she actually leaves Night City. (Without being a Nomad, You kill her or she later is found after killing several corrupt cops ending up dead herself.)

Everyone knows that you meet Padre in the 6 month time-lapse and when you first get in heywood he will contact you saying something about a new soul in heywood and he introduces himself my question is :why is that necessary if we already met him and did a job for him with Jackie ?

Yeah, definitely feel like an oversight. There do seem to be a few of these continuity errors which I hope that CDP pick up and fix down the road.

Everyone knows that you meet Padre in the 6 month time-lapse and when you first get in heywood he will contact you saying something about a new soul in heywood and he introduces himself my question is :why is that necessary if we already met him and did a job for him with Jackie ?

Nope... fixed it at least in patch 1.11 anyways. I think

I mean I am doing the Hero sidequest as a Street Kid V and Padre called, and he did not act like he didn't know V.

Padre is just one drop from lets say a lake that is either a cut content or a huge loophole... just dont think too much of it :D

Either it's cut content and/or plotholes. The 6 month montage even showed characters dancing in the club who were supposed to be dead. Lol.

Last edited:
fake news

Nah, there's a character in my playthrough that's supposed to be dead after the lifepath ending, but this person is dancing in the club in the 6 month montage. Either it's a different character model (e.g. lookalike) or cut content/plothole, etc....or maybe the character isn't dead at all, and an expansion will explain what happened. :D

Last edited:

I mean I am doing the Hero sidequest as a Street Kid V and Padre called, and he did not act like he didn't know V.

Sounds like the devs might be reading our posts and working on trying to fix things. If true, that's great. :D

I wish I had recorded it, but when doing Heros quest as Street Kid V Padre called and said "coming home?" or something along that line.

It might actually be fixed due to all of these patches/hotfixes coming out. I think the devs are paying attention to all of the comments here; I posted on another forum that I noticed that one of the Night City Behavioral for Health buildings was unfinished. It had a double door that led to a wall, and the doors upstairs had no balconies or rooms outside. If you stepped through the doors upstairs, you'd fall to the street below. A few days later, I went back into the game (and checked out all of the Night City Behavioral buildings), and saw that the areas had been fixed; the double doors led to another room/area instead of a wall, and the doors upstairs were blocked off with a metal bar and a scrolling neon sign saying "No Entry." It looks like the devs are taking what we say seriously and are trying to really improve things.

They probably do, and probably all the major things game network says too.

But there has to be a limit. If you want to see what happens when a studio tries to cave to the pressure of the fan, all you have to watch is Rise of the Skywalkers.

You can't please everyone, hell you shouldn't even try to please the majority. Or else you will end up making a mess of things.

Maybe they should fix things with regards to Takemura if you are a Corpo V. They should add a few more major side quests for each life path as well. Basically Corpo V talks to Takemura as though he's a street kid.

By the way some may say CDPR is rushing things, but the truth is you gotta release the game sometimes, because if devs get to say when games are ready to be released, it will never be released (like Half Life 3). Maybe this is just how CDPR does things, like with TW3.

Last edited:

its possible you were not memorable to him. Jackie was the main merc, you were just his new mercenary. That said, it is surprising since you apparently lived with Jackie's mom for awhile, and probably did jobs in Heywood. Most likely the writers weren't in charge of the time skip/didnt pay much attention to it.

They probably do, and probably all the major things game network says too.

But there has to be a limit. If you want to see what happens when a studio tries to cave to the pressure of the fan, all you have to watch is Rise of the Skywalkers.

You can't please everyone, hell you shouldn't even try to please the majority. Or else you will end up making a mess of things.

Maybe they should fix things with regards to Takemura if you are a Corpo V. They should add a few more major side quests for each life path as well. Basically Corpo V talks to Takemura as though he's a street kid.

By the way some may say CDPR is rushing things, but the truth is you gotta release the game sometimes, because if devs get to say when games are ready to be released, it will never be released (like Half Life 3). Maybe this is just how CDPR does things, like with TW3.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with all of this!!! The whole thing reminds me of what happened a couple of years ago with Ubisoft's "Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time." A few people complained that the Prince didn't grieve over his father's death, or that Farah was weak, or the plot wasn't edgy enough; Ubisoft listened to a minority of people and came up with "Warrior Within." Then people started complaining about how bad the story was and wanted everything to go back to the way "Sands of Time" was; at that point, Ubisoft went back to the drawing board and came up with "Two Thrones" and "Forgotten Sands" in order to appease their fan base; you're right when you say that you can't please everyone...there's always going to be complainers no matter what.

I hope if they are reading our comments, they expand the lifepaths -- particularly Corpo; I really wanted to experience more of the Arasaka world...like see your Corpo apartment, car, do maybe one important mission for your Corpo boss (e.g. Frankfurt mission since that's what everyone was talking about); honestly, I wish I could have been Corpo for most of the game or at least for a few hours longer (e.g. maybe add in some more branching paths that allow us to keep some main characters alive instead of always having them die. Also, I agree with the Corpo V talking like a Street Kid at times -- at times, she uses Corpo dialogue, and other corpos don't even react to it. There have been a few times where my female V would mention how she worked in counterintelligence to other corpos...but there was hardly a reaction from them...she didn't even mention her direct superior's name, but she mentioned the name of the person who got her fired...and no one reacts to her being former counterintelligence. LOL.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with all of this!!! The whole thing reminds me of what happened a couple of years ago with Ubisoft's "Prince of Persia: the Sands of Time." A few people complained that the Prince didn't grieve over his father's death, or that Farah was weak, or the plot wasn't edgy enough; Ubisoft listened to a minority of people and came up with "Warrior Within." Then people started complaining about how bad the story was and wanted everything to go back to the way "Sands of Time" was; at that point, Ubisoft went back to the drawing board and came up with "Two Thrones" and "Forgotten Sands" in order to appease their fan base; you're right when you say that you can't please everyone...there's always going to be complainers no matter what.

I hope if they are reading our comments, they expand the lifepaths -- particularly Corpo; I really wanted to experience more of the Arasaka world...like see your Corpo apartment, car, do maybe one important mission for your Corpo boss (e.g. Frankfurt mission since that's what everyone was talking about); honestly, I wish I could have been Corpo for most of the game or at least for a few hours longer (e.g. maybe add in some more branching paths that allow us to keep some main characters alive instead of always having them die. Also, I agree with the Corpo V talking like a Street Kid at times -- at times, she uses Corpo dialogue, and other corpos don't even react to it. There have been a few times where my female V would mention how she worked in counterintelligence to other corpos...but there was hardly a reaction from them...she didn't even mention her direct superior's name, but she mentioned the name of the person who got her fired...and no one reacts to her being former counterintelligence. LOL.

I honestly think there ought to be a Street Kid ending too. I mean Devil ending is a corpo ending, star is nomad. But I don't know if Sun can be a good street kid ending. I am saying this because if you did the Sun ending you should be able to call up your Valentino buddies (like Padre, that bartender guy, etc.) to also go storm Arasaka with Rogue's help. And there should be some kind of street kid major story/side quest too, I'm not sure Judy qualifies. You know like doing stuff for Padre or Rogue.

It is becauase you are playing as a streetkid so he is supposed to know you from the start ...play as any other lifepath and the amensia is still there ,I played all lifepaths besides streetkid he has amensia as I said

It is becauase you are playing as a streetkid so he is supposed to know you from the start ...play as any other lifepath and the amensia is still there ,I played all lifepaths besides streetkid he has amensia as I said

Yea but at least there isn't plot discontinuity playing as Street Kid and then Padre and others acting like they don't know you. But I have to wonder about other life paths, that the 6 month montage may not be enough for Padre to know V really that well, and as a fixer he deals with thousands of edgerunners so he just has the standard introduction call.

They aren't hiring actors to record one line but often a voice actor will be casting multiple characters in a given game. All they have to do is change the voice a little bit.

mbrto

Forum regular
Yea but at least there isn't plot discontinuity playing as Street Kid and then Padre and others acting like they don't know you. But I have to wonder about other life paths, that the 6 month montage may not be enough for Padre to know V really that well, and as a fixer he deals with thousands of edgerunners so he just has the standard introduction call.

They aren't hiring actors to record one line but often a voice actor will be casting multiple characters in a given game. All they have to do is change the voice a little bit.

padre at jackies ofrenda:
"i remember the day his mother brought him into this world, i remember when his father left, i remember when he took you into his home. yes, i knew him quite well."

padre definitely has amnesia during the phone call

Top Bottom