Paid DLC beyond Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine...

+
Paid DLC beyond Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine...

Wondering if any info exists, or if there is a general plan/consensus/feeling regarding paid DLC beyond Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine?

I was looking at the world map last night, trying to figure out where the Toussaint "badge" will be in relation to all the others and it occurred to me that there is near endless room and possibilities for new locations. Stand alone quests in new territories could easily be implemented into the existing map in the future giving this game a incredibly long shelf life. Replay Act 1 in NG+. Take your kick ass Geralt into some new region to hunt super manticores and giants, maybe assassinate a oppressive tyrant etc, etc. Then, return for Act 2 until taking another break or two to do another quest in a desert wasteland... The possibilities are really endless. All the while patches, content and new NPC's could keep the game fresh.... Probably dreaming so on a more realistic level.....???

What is the status or believed status of continued DLC after the known two ??

Facts, opinions (and insider info) are all welcome..... Got any ?

we don't know yet if there will be more expantions after the first two, i really hope so, and yes, the game has great potential to implement more quests in the existing maps, they are huge, and some parts are empty but with some infrastructure, like, something could happen there, new quests can be easily implemented in the existing maps, but be don't know yet what's gonna happen , there are 4 dlc's to come, but i don't think they will ad big content, just accessories, we have to wait for official answers

If they are doing additional expansion I hope they are post-ending. Just to revive things once you beat the game and avoid that left alone feeling everyone has once the game is done....would be cool if someone (Triss/Yen) pops out and say..."Hey one more adventure?"

If they are doing additional expansion I hope they are post-ending. Just to revive things once you beat the game and avoid that left alone feeling everyone has once the game is done....would be cool if someone (Triss/Yen) pops out and say..."Hey one more adventure?"

This.

I think a third expansion or DLC should be a post-epilogue world. It makes sense to wait until after the two expansions are out since they undoubtedly have their own big decisions and final world-states that ought to be reflected in a post-epilogue world.

I'm not sure there will be anything major after the two announced expansions. CDPR have already said they've started moving Witcher 3 personnel onto Cyberpunk 2077, so imagine that will be the focus long term.

It's all up to us guys, if the season pass brings in a lot of revenue they will see the demand is there and will probably do a final, big expansion. Let's vote for it with our cash. I'm sure if they have strong sales of the first season pass, they will do one final 25 buck s expansion which will be like 25-30 hour of gameplay. Maybe a prequel to Witcheress 4? :p .

This is just me making shit up but strong sales drive more content creation, that's for sure.

CDPR strike me as people who listen to their fans, stands to reason that if we ask enough for something we will get it eventually. Don't see any downsides to a post-end expansion, makes them a ton more money and makes us love them even more.... its one of those win-win situations.

I'm hoping for more expansions too! Another new region would be cool, but I what really want is more quests with tons of dialogue and content with the characters we already have in the series. And preferably being about Geralt and his personal life. Meeting Iorveth and Saskia again,continuing her questline from The Witcher 2 (if, ya know), more romance with the sorceress you like, ice skating, snowboarding in the dragon mountains,

I would willingly pay for that because I know it would come out great if CDPR wants it.

I'd welcome more content beyond what's been announced. I was hoping for an expansion where we would get to play full-time as Ciri. Alas it seems it won't be. CDPR doesn't want to burn out it's devs, by forcing them to toil on Witcher stuff forever though. Sooner or later, they're going to have to cut the cord and bring everyone on board for Cyberpunk.

When that happens, hopefully we'll have The Witcher 4 or the Witcheress to look forward to :).

They did say that a lot of devs are tired of the Witcher universe. Then again, they had massive success and are still hiring devs specifically for the Witcher (quest/enviroment/cinematic experts). They might decide that they can now afford to expand and have one and a half dev teams (main team CP2077, secondary team continues with W3 content longer than initially planned). Another major expansion is not completely out of the question.

Then again, they would need to make it massive to keep people interested. I doubt a third 10-20 hour pre-epilogue expansion would get that much attention 1,5 years after the initial release. A 30-50 hour post-epilogue adventure featuring a new protagonist, however, would be totally different regarding media attention and expected sales. They could even call it "standalone expansion" to underline it's status as "mini-W4".

But I don't know enough about the economy of the gaming industry to tell for sure. I guess many people would be willing to pay 2/3 of the price of the initial game for such a huge expansion. But I know nothing about potential sales.

I do however think that creating new content now would be quite efficient considering the massive effort they already put in W3. They have a lot of standardized assets they could re-use (plants, animals, monsters, building parts, furniture, NPC clothing, weapons, tools, ...). They already made the effort to create desert textures fort a very short sequence, they could expand on that.

Not to forget they have this brand-new, state of the art engine that can do almost any trick (weather effects, animations, pathfinding, crowded urban areas, flying and swimming enemies, usable boats, mounted combat,...). Remember that Bioware was unable to let your companions ride beside you in DA:I? CDPR are several steps ahead of their competitors right now.
They might simply decide that it's economically wise to hire fresh devs and continue creating new content with the current engine instead of waiting 5 or more years until all their textures, assets and even their engine are outdated and need to be recreated almost from scratch. It would seem like a waste IMO.

But again, it's all a question of expected sales. And - of course - if at least some of their veterans still have the will to tell stories from the Witcher setting.

Last edited:
Well hopefully they will do a post ending expansion with geralt, ciri, triss, yen, etc. At the very least I do believe that they will make more expansions after these two because they say that the first one will be released some time at the end of this year and the second will be the first quarter of next year. They have also said that they will spend time working on the Witcher 3 till the end of next year before moving onto Cyberpunk in 2017 so that gives them 3/4 of a year to develop more expansions past the two that which are already announced.

I'd welcome more content beyond what's been announced. I was hoping for an expansion where we would get to play full-time as Ciri. Alas it seems it won't be. CDPR doesn't want to burn out it's devs, by forcing them to toil on Witcher stuff forever though. Sooner or later, they're going to have to cut the cord and bring everyone on board for Cyberpunk.

When that happens, hopefully we'll have The Witcher 4 or the Witcheress to look forward to :).

Personally I would not like to play dlc's or a new game as ciri,even though I like her. I ain't to keen on playing as a female. I don't mean that in a bad or sexist way. Just not my bag. If they ever make another witcher game,I 'd prefer to play as geralt or a new created character we create from scratch,with the option of being male or female.

Top Bottom