Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
You're right that this is a public thread, thank you for sharing your opinion with us :sad:
Then what is your favorite character in the game?

Wakako. I found her amusing and frightening all at the same time. I think she is under used and there is much more depth to her. Her five deceased husbands, how she rose to power and how she manages the Tyger Claws and treats some of the other fixers, Like Rogue. I genuinely missed getting her calls and vising her.

So I thought of something just now.. I think the way the romance line for panam ends in both the sun and star help to create a singular path for expansions when she shows up again:

-sun ending, you guys break up with her either hinting that she's down to get back together in the future or not
-star ending, she is having trouble juggling quality time with you and being a chief at the same time

for both endings, even though the star one is clearly better outcome than the sun one because you guys are still together, both endings introduce some obstacle between you. For sun, it's V pulling away from her. For star, it's her responsibilities pulling her away from you.

I think this sets up future expansions to allow for the relationship to be reignited over the events of that expansion in a way that keeps things interesting, versus having everything be happy and perfect. I don't mean it in the sense that panam and v either getting back together (sun) or having their relationship come back from the brink and grow stronger (star) would be the main point of the expansion, but instead it could be a side thing that occurs next to whatever the main event of the expansion is, much like how panam's story line is a side mission in the base game. What do you guys think?

So I thought of something just now.. I think the way the romance line for panam ends in both the sun and star help to create a singular path for expansions when she shows up again:

-sun ending, you guys break up with her either hinting that she's down to get back together in the future or not
-star ending, she is having trouble juggling quality time with you and being a chief at the same time

for both endings, even though the star one is clearly better outcome than the sun one because you guys are still together, both endings introduce some obstacle between you. For sun, it's V pulling away from her. For star, it's her responsibilities pulling her away from you.

I think this sets up future expansions to allow for the relationship to be reignited over the events of that expansion in a way that keeps things interesting, versus having everything be happy and perfect. I don't mean it in the sense that panam and v either getting back together (sun) or having their relationship come back from the brink and grow stronger (star) would be the main point of the expansion, but instead it could be a side thing that occurs next to whatever the main event of the expansion is, much like how panam's story line is a side mission in the base game. What do you guys think?
Very interesting point and very "realistic" to put that in game, considering the holocall from Panam from the Star ending when she's "sorry for canceling meeting with V... again". She still have very strong feelings for V: "I'm glad... Of having you", but this could be a great possibility to reignite their relationship as you said.

I don't mean it in the sense that panam and v either getting back together (sun) or having their relationship come back from the brink and grow stronger (star) would be the main point of the expansion, but instead it could be a side thing that occurs next to whatever the main event of the expansion is, much like how panam's story line is a side mission in the base game. What do you guys think?

I think this is exactly what will happen. IMO she will be a side/supporting character like she always has been but you'll probably get more interactions with her depending on your ending choice with The Star naturally having the "most" interactions because of how that ending begins (Arizona) versus The Sun (Crystal Palace).

And if you didn't do her questline you probably won't see her again. This way it also puts a lid on those people that say "choices don't matter".

Guest 4541318

To be honest, I didn't see a problem with that. Panam is just getting used to his new role. It takes time. These are little things, you shouldn't attach any importance to them.

Someone earlier mentioned seeing Judy again. Given Panam and Judy share the same ending I think it's guaranteed for Fem V (romance Judy) and possible other V's who finished her questline but did not romance.

For Fem V players who romanced River I think even seeing him again isn't out of the question given he says this at the end:

Screenshot 2021-02-01 183311.jpg

Screenshot 2021-02-01 182920.jpg

Guest 4541318

For this, you will have to create a separate game, and not just the DLC))
I'm sure it starts where we left off (Star ending). And I will only be glad of it

There is no doubt we will see Panam in expansion. The question is how much screen time will she get. And this will probably depend on chosen ending.

Star ending - Panam is your love so she will have the hugest screen time among all endings where V gets his body after Mikoshi. Even considering she is new Aldecaldo leader she can’t leave V alone and will try to do her best for him. Have in mind - V is Aldecaldo and all his actions, intentions and decisions (including finding cure) are taken as Aldecaldo member.

Probably Panam will have to make hard choice again - family leader or guy she loves. And have in mind Panam is NOT Saul. She is not so obsessed with traditions. But if they succeeded Panam and V can back to Family.

Other endings will probably have less Panam/Judy screen time but that doesn’t mean we won’t see them again anymore.

Last edited:
I'm sure it starts where we left off (Star ending). And I will only be glad of it

It will definitely start where you left off depending on your ending (for us that's The Star). But if I'm being realistic I believe this will only form a shorter prologue sequence. The major endings will likely branch into a singular destination. Based on the popular theories I'm seeing on the forums, reddit and discord I think it's likely to be The Crystal Palace because of two possibilities.
  1. StormTech has a base in The Crystal Palace (this could be the contacts Panam was talking about)
  2. Mr Blue Eyes contacts V through a proxy and sends him to The Crystal Palace (a la The Sun)
  3. Very easy to weave the major endings to The Crystal Palace.
  4. Lots of existing foreshadowing for Blue Eyes and his plot in game.

It will definitely start where you left off depending on your ending (for us that's The Star). But if I'm being realistic I believe this will only form a shorter prologue sequence. The major endings will likely branch into a singular destination. Based on the popular theories I'm seeing on the forums, reddit and discord I think it's likely to be The Crystal Palace because of two possibilities.
  1. StormTech has a base in The Crystal Palace (this could be the contacts Panam was talking about)
  2. Mr Blue Eyes contacts V through a proxy and sends him to The Crystal Palace (a la The Sun)
  3. Very easy to weave the major endings to The Crystal Palace (versus Arizona).
Maybe the Crystal Palace will be the final destination and we'll be tunneled there anyway.

And merging major endings, as they did with lifepaths in prolog, into one specific task will be the most probable way they'll take.

We all think that different endings will converge, (just like lifepath got converged).
Our idea was either star can lead to crystal palace(if Panam's contact wasnt able to help and Rogue tells you there is someone who wants to talk to you) or Sun ending can lead to going out of city(Mr. Blue eyes sets you up in some scene or anything bad , and you leave NC to lay low ). There is a lot of possibilities, this is just our fan made one.

Guest 4541318

3. Very easy to weave the major endings to The Crystal Palace.
Then maybe we'll even see one, but very big DLC (with the size of the main storyline). Considering that it won't be out soon.
Post automatically merged:

Maybe the Crystal Palace will be the final destination and we'll be tunneled there anyway.

And merging major endings, as they did with lifepaths in prolog, into one specific task will be the most probable way they'll take.
So it will be

Top Bottom