Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
I think everyone wants to see more Panam's content :ROFLMAO: . Like, I also love the game, the game it's really cool and well, done, even if with some bugs but the thing that I really want it's to get more Panam's content because she's my favourite thing from this game :LOL::love:
Right? Because panam's story actually adds a lot to the main story. If the Nomad side quest was a whole seperate game on its own it would be great I think. The writing for her quests is superb imo.

True. I really hope that CDPR can release an expansion where you really can get a cure for V living as a Nomad with Panam and the other Aldecaldos and not an expansion where you will need to get help from the corpos or something like that. Since Panam says that Aldecaldos have lots of contacts that can help V and since she says that they will begin everything from 0 I hope that we can get lots and lots os missions and side quests where we can be with her

True. I really hope that CDPR can release an expansion where you really can get a cure for V living as a Nomad with Panam and the other Aldecaldos and not an expansion where you will need to get help from the corpos or something like that. Since Panam says that Aldecaldos have lots of contacts that can help V and since she says that they will begin everything from 0 I hope that we can get lots and lots os missions and side quests where we can be with her
Would also like the option in upcoming DLC for Panam to die. In that way there is a lot more weight to the choice you are making. Don't want her to die ofc haha, but giving us an option to fuck up would be adding a lot more pressure which could be nice for gameplay purposes.

Right? Because panam's story actually adds a lot to the main story. If the Nomad side quest was a whole seperate game on its own it would be great I think. The writing for her quests is superb imo.
Yes yes yes, true.
I mean, i like the game and everything. Lot of crashes, bugs, cut content etc. But still decent tho.
But if i must be honest, if wasnt for Panam, after the end of the game, i wouldnt have played it again til new content. Is only thanks to Panam if im still playing the game.
I think is very strange that devs ignore her HUGE potential

Kind of, but without a ton of work they'd be basically pets. I find the really compelling parts of this game are scripted and I don't know how much more I'd care about Panam following me around than I would her sitting back at camp. To keep the character alive would require extra effort in getting her to interact with the world and V in dynamic and meaningful ways.

I was thinking about this the other day and the text messaging is used well but under-utilized. Only Wakako seems to notice that I made a mess of the parade which is being blasted on all the news channels. It would have been interesting if characters you had met and befriended texted you after major missions. It requires 0 voice work and utilizes a system that adds a lot to each character when they do have messages to send you.

I was thinking about this the other day and the text messaging is used well but under-utilized. Only Wakako seems to notice that I made a mess of the parade which is being blasted on all the news channels. It would have been interesting if characters you had met and befriended texted you after major missions. It requires 0 voice work and utilizes a system that adds a lot to each character when they do have messages to send you.

Totally agree. It's a real missed opportunity - could have a bit of a back and forth with a couple of major characters. Would revive those characters who seem paused (including Panam) when we're not directly working or right after a mission with them.

Totally agree. It's a real missed opportunity - could have a bit of a back and forth with a couple of major characters. Would revive those characters who seem paused (including Panam) when we're not directly working or right after a mission with them.

I think when mod tools are formally out I'll take a look at implementing more of this. The cyber engine console uses the game's hooks and flags for just about everything (like who you romanced, for example). In my mind I can just add some flags that track for certain parameters and trigger text messages.

Would also like the option in upcoming DLC for Panam to die. In that way there is a lot more weight to the choice you are making. Don't want her to die ofc haha, but giving us an option to fuck up would be adding a lot more pressure which could be nice for gameplay purposes.
Tbh I hate that idea because that would make me watch youtube videos all the time just to make sure that I'm making the right decision. I wouldn't be able to see something like that happen to my Panam :cry: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Post automatically merged:

Yes yes yes, true.
I mean, i like the game and everything. Lot of crashes, bugs, cut content etc. But still decent tho.
But if i must be honest, if wasnt for Panam, after the end of the game, i wouldnt have played it again til new content. Is only thanks to Panam if im still playing the game.
I think is very strange that devs ignore her HUGE potential
I think they know her potencial and I really hope that they will give us more Panam content but I think for know they just want to make us cry a little bit more :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Btw, I also wanted to play the game again but I'm still thinking about that because to play the game again I will have to play every single mission again and if I play the game again it will be only for Panam so I think I prefer to use my saves and go directly to Panam missions because that way I don't need to wait :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

it's not just that she is an amazing character, but also her quest lines were super interesting. There are some people who have made youtube reviews that a lot of the quests are just sitting there talking to people, but for all of panam's quests it felt like a beautiful balance of deep, heartfelt narrative focused moments AND fun gameplay. It was just the perfect package, and definitely spinoff worthy

I'd pay whatever they asked for a nomad game to be honest

Hahaha i know but it was so apruptly ended i feel like all of those people in the sub.
Maybe if we would get a DLC that includes and expand the Story of Panam with V, optionally end the Game with Panam, or even expand the bounding of all the Characters.
There will be a happy ending for all of us. PANAM GANG
I definitely agree it was abruptly ended. Panam has a special place in my heart & I want to be able to further interact with and explore her character. CD did such a great job of building up Panam in a believable way, and then when I reached the 'Queen of the Highway' mission & ultimately beat it it left a sour taste in my mouth. After this Panam, and all the side characters with their own side mission chains, became little more than a random NPC with a couple dialogue options. That's pretty disappointing to me and I get that this is a video game and the content has to end somewhere but it took me out of the immersion when I realized I couldn't do anything else with Panam, a ride or die, that I just became 'intimate' with. I would LOVE to see more Panam/Aldecaldos DLC, idk how they'd do it but id love to see it.

I definitely agree it was abruptly ended. Panam has a special place in my heart & I want to be able to further interact with and explore her character. CD did such a great job of building up Panam in a believable way, and then when I reached the 'Queen of the Highway' mission & ultimately beat it it left a sour taste in my mouth. After this Panam, and all the side characters with their own side mission chains, became little more than a random NPC with a couple dialogue options. That's pretty disappointing to me and I get that this is a video game and the content has to end somewhere but it took me out of the immersion when I realized I couldn't do anything else with Panam, a ride or die, that I just became 'intimate' with. I would LOVE to see more Panam/Aldecaldos DLC, idk how they'd do it but id love to see it.

I think you raise a good point here where a lot of people who think we're just panam simps and want cyberpunk to turn into a dating sim are mistaken. If things were just a bit more fleshed out before the end, I think a lot of us would have some more closure about the whole thing. I mean heck that goes for ALL the romances, some more than others because Panam definitely got the lion's share of attention when it came to romance content

Someone tweet/email this at CDPR

Best strat for a second playthrough IMO is to save Panams stuff for last.

Get everything else out of the way first. Then do Panams quest where you have to track Hellman (you have to do this before the Parade), then do the Parade with Takemura. Now finish any remaining sidequests you're interested in (e.g. Judy), then complete Panams/aldecaldos questline and finally go to Embers and call the Nomads for help. Roll credits.

Whereas if you finished Panams questline immediately (which is what EVERYONE did on their first playthrough, i.e. immediately starting her sidequest the second she calls you to rescue Saul) you're left with an empty void by the end. Doing it with this strat is way more cohesive and naturally ties into the nomad ending and you avoid the emptyness feeling.

Last edited:
Someone tweet/email this at CDPR

Get everything else out of the way first. Then do Panams quest where you have to track Hellman (you have to do this before the Parade), then do the Parade with Takemura. Now finish any remaining sidequests you're interested in (e.g. Judy), then complete Panams/aldecaldos questline and finally go to Embers and call the Nomads for help. Roll credits.

Whereas if you finished Panams questline immediately (which is what EVERYONE did on their first playthrough, i.e. immediately starting her sidequest the second she calls you to rescue Saul) you're left with an empty void by the end. Doing it with this strat is way more cohesive and naturally ties into the nomad ending and you avoid the emptyness feeling.
Hahahaha that was literally my strategy for my second playthrough, because I finished her questline wayyyy to early the first time and I was felt empty the rest of my playthrough until I finally figured out I could get more time w her in her ending. Then after that ending I felt empty again lol </3

I couldn't wait that long lol. Even though she's got a bit of down time after the end of her quest around the middle of the game, it's still better IMO to have heavy Panam in the beginning, then have more to look forward to in the end as opposed to just burning it all through the end. Plus you can always just call her periodically in between, even though its the same dialogue about them missing each other. :LOL:

I literally started to think that im dealing with some kind of mental illness because of how the story and especially the ending affected me. Do you guys know that feeling when you finish a book/movie or whatever and your relationship with the characters you have invested your time and emotions into just suddenly ends? The pain comparable to the death of family member. It's like, the ending is promising and happy although im truly sad anyway. I'm not even able to start a second playthrough because of how badly im affected to the ending and story of my V, I'd make the same choices anyway if i played again. Seems like the only choice is to hope and wait for post-story dlc, continuation of V and Panam's story in Arizona.

I literally started to think that im dealing with some kind of mental illness because of how the story and especially the ending affected me. Do you guys know that feeling when you finish a book/movie or whatever and your relationship with the characters you have invested your time and emotions into just suddenly ends? The pain comparable to the death of family member. It's like, the ending is promising and happy although im truly sad anyway. I'm not even able to start a second playthrough because of how badly im affected to the ending and story of my V, I'd make the same choices anyway if i played again. Seems like the only choice is to hope and wait for post-story dlc, continuation of V and Panam's story in Arizona.
If there's something wrong with you there's something wrong with a lot of us.

I couldn't wait that long lol. Even though she's got a bit of down time after the end of her quest around the middle of the game, it's still better IMO to have heavy Panam in the beginning, then have more to look forward to in the end as opposed to just burning it all through the end. Plus you can always just call her periodically in between, even though its the same dialogue about them missing each other. :LOL:

Well I guess you can do some badlands gigs in between her side quests :p

I'm trying this strat rn on my 2nd playthrough.

This is my first post on this forum and I'm not an English native speaker, I'm sorry if this post is a bit everywhere and not perfectly understandable! Also, I haven't read the full tread, but I do agree that a Panam DLC is a must. She seems to be by far the favorite character of CP2077 players, she's also their best crafted character, her whole story arc is just so damn good and the empty feeling that so many of us felt when completing her arc shows it.

As for DLCs, I really feel like a Nomad DLC will be in the works especially if you look at the shard you get at the end of their ending. However, I feel that we'll get a Mr Blue Eyes DLC first since he's link to the Peralez story line directly and possibly to Garry's disappearance and Sandra Dorsett shards have information about him indirectly. I really hope that V survives and just live the rest of his life with her, I just don't see it being the first content we'll get, sadly.

V's path to survival seems to go trough either the Sun (Rogue) or the Star (Nomad) ending, but the shard at the end of the Nomad ending seems to indicate that the Sun ending gives V the legendary status he's after at the cost of his life while the Star ending is the contrary (he lives, but he doesn't reach a legendary status). They're also the fact that when you to the edge of the map, it says that there isn't anything there for you... yet. In my opinion, this points to Arizona since I don't see any other logical place they could expand the map, apart maybe for Space, but it doesn't really fit with this clue. Also, with how CDPR writes their game, this type content (shards, tarots cards, etc.) is more than likely hints at where they're gonna go with the story.

I'm also wondering how they're gonna handle the different ending. For exemple, the Nomad ending makes you leave with Panam, but if you are a female V that romanced Judy, she follows you, but not if V is male. In a DLC setting around the Nomad post ending, will Judy be present for a male V ? Those are pretty tricky question that I'm anxious to see how CDPR are gonna handle.

Either way, with the support and the love her character is getting, it would be pretty stupid for CDPR to just put Panam aside for any of the upcoming content.

Top Bottom