Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+

Guest 4541318

Exactly. I know, devs prepare great V and Panam adventure. We know enough details of past and current life about all romance characters except this girl. Panam is still a big puzzle for V. But considering this fact V loves her even more. The reason is one - we see Panam and V in future expansions one way or another. They will get a chance to tell many important things to each other
Amen)

the same reason panam doesn't tell about her contacts => plothole

what choice? the mayor of the city is v friend, mr.be controls him and knows v as top merc, v has a lot of money, a lot of contacts as top fixer of afterlife, nobody is hunting for nomads and she still wants to move to arizona
what for? why she doesn't help with crystal palace? what is reason to leave? she still can live near the city as usual
in the star ending she confessed that it's a bad decision to return, but they have to run from corpos hunt

the idea of the legend ending => you cannot get all at the same time => panam post-credit words => misty tarots

and star ending v has legend status, money, family, panam and even happy words from misty!
sorry what? so you tell me it's possible to have it all?
You are thinking in a selfish way bud, im sorry.
You are pretending Panam to live around the city because you said that. Doesn't work like this.

Is the 1072672 time you said that Aldecaldo are useless, V is rich and got power, so she should stay.
Is not how Panam act, and she couldn't care less of V's money and reputation.
I'm having serious doubts that you actually played Panam storyline, because If you played it and you like Panam as you said, you should know what's her way to think and approach things.
The only thing that matter for her is family and friend not money, not afterlife and power neither.
So why you keep say this?
You can't force Panam to stay only because you think selfishly.
You know she wants to leave the sh*thole of a city, no reason for her to stay.
And as said before, we didnt actually said her all the truth, not saying her why we should do the last gig.
We are refusing her help, just to try a suicide mission, without saying anything to her.

The point is not that we don't have critical thinking.
That's just not the way we played the game and we don't share your same opinion.
You can say what you want, but don't be surprised if after 1-2-3 times you say the same thing, if we don't answer to you

Last edited:
I know the feeling dude... I did my first star ending playthrough over a month ago and I'm still hung up on this game and this girl..:giveup:

It's okay, I saw this great post from someone on discord who said Panam is designed for continuing the story more than the other characters. Out of all the romances, Panam is the only one where we don't know much about her past or backstory. For River/kerry/judy, we learn about their past and their arcs begin and end within the course of this game. There is still so much info we have yet to learn about panam since her arc in this game was mostly about her family and her place in it, rather than information about herself as an individual.

I always found it kind of odd that Judy gets this full blown quest that is entirely designed to get to know her more as a person in pyramid song with talking about her family, where she grew up etc while panam gets nothing like that. But this is because her quest line was designed with closure in mind for within this game more than anything. Depending on your choices it can wrap up with her leaving night city, staying or coming with you in the case of Fem V. No matter what though, we know what her ending plans are. With Panam, there's still so many question marks and still so many things that can be revealed, but that's because her arc with us isn't over. I'm certain we will get our own 'pyramid song' for panam in the future :love:
Perspective of giving Panam opportunity to get to her know more and have some emotional moments like in Pyramid song is good idea, but I doubt that CDPR will make future dlcs and story expansions exclusive to just one romance option. I'm pretty sure that if post game expansion will happen, then every single romance option will be as much designed for continuation as rest of them.

You are pretending Panam to live around the city because you said that. Doesn't work like this.

Is the 1072672 time you said that Aldecaldo are useless, V is rich and got power, so she should stay.
I'm having serious doubts that you actually played Panam storyline, because I'd you played it and you like Panam as you said, you should know what's her way to think and approach things.
The only thing that matter for her is family and friend not money, not afterlife and power neither.
And as said before, we didnt actually said her all the truth, not saying her why we should do the last gig.
We are refusing her help, just to try a suicide mission, without saying anything to her.

That's just not the way we played the game and we don't share your same opinion.
You can say what you want, but don't be surprised if after 1-2-3 times you say the same thing, if we don't answer to you
You've said 100% my thoughts, mate. I've nothing to add here. :beer:

Perspective of giving Panam opportunity to get to her know more and have some emotional moments like in Pyramid song is good idea, but I doubt that CDPR will make future dlcs and story expansions exclusive to just one romance option. I'm pretty sure that if post game expansion will happen, then every single romance option will be as much designed for continuation as rest of them.
I hope so, because honestly as much as I want more content with Panam because she's my favourite I also want to see Judy again and River I liked them a lot too. I think it would be really cool to see Kerry and Us Cracks perform up in Crystal Palace as well, I think these 4 are some of if not the most compelling characters in the game. Def need to see all of them again

Guest 4541318

If it comes down to the DLC, I would also like the fact that you are not all the time on the hunt for the cure, sure you have a limited time to life and it would still be a heavy impact on the continuing story of V. Still the aldecaldos are your family and Panam is the leader (and maybe V) or so, but if the DLC got some Camp related missions as sidemissions or even small mainmissions where you could help out Panam and do these missions with her for the Aldecaldos. Its also for Vs life because he is part of the Family so he would also benefit of it. Sure cure is number one task but helping Panam for them and the family could be also nice. I mean if she gives the leadership to the vets (wich I doubt imo because of the last message of her) than it would be irrelevant, maybe after you have completed the main story or clearly as sidemissions.
I thought about it. It would be nice if, between major missions, we would develop a relationship with Panam, resting with her. Have a date with her. Where she would talk about her past and so on. And finally tell the story of the corpse in the trunk from the "Caucasus" ))
Post automatically merged:

I'm having serious doubts that you actually played Panam storyline, because If you played it and you like Panam as you said, you should know what's her way to think and approach things.

You right

If it comes down to the DLC, I would also like the fact that you are not all the time on the hunt for the cure, sure you have a limited time to life and it would still be a heavy impact on the continuing story of V. Still the aldecaldos are your family and Panam is the leader (and maybe V) or so, but if the DLC got some Camp related missions as sidemissions or even small mainmissions where you could help out Panam and do these missions with her for the Aldecaldos. Its also for Vs life because he is part of the Family so he would also benefit of it. Sure cure is number one task but helping Panam for them and the family could be also nice. I mean if she gives the leadership to the vets (wich I doubt imo because of the last message of her) than it would be irrelevant, maybe after you have completed the main story or clearly as sidemissions.
Regarding this I can say what I think.

I actually think that, if there will be a DLC post story, we might find the cure pretty early in the story.

We've already had a "rush to cure" throughout the main story. Having the exact same theme for the duration of the DLC could be a bit boring and repetitive, without having any other purpose in the game.

I think that once the cure is found, we could be directed towards other issues, such as the war between arasaka and militech, or a war between different corporations. (for example Biotecnica, since in the game it is practically only mentioned)

They could introduce MBE, perhaps with another context, other than finding the cure.

Or, which I would love, the war between NetWatch and AI. And here they might even insert Alt and Johnny.
We could decide whether to side with them, or with NetWatch.
Or, Alt might be a villain (which I've been thinking throughout the main story) and we need to save Johnny and the other AI's from the blackwall and defeat Alt.
Want it or not, Johnny helped us a lot towards the end of the game and we became friends.
And honestly, during the Chippin-in mission, I saw his displeasure, his disappointment. For the first time I saw his human side, his good side. And I have also quite bonded with him.

There are so many ideas that could be implemented, without having to have a DLC focused solely on cure.

However, these are just my opinions, they are not necessarily included in the DLC, but I think it would be nice, imo.

my v was called differently here: a traitor, a liar, a selfish, a dh, compared with rogue and nash
don't care, but it shows how are "buddy" posts here
everything here proves that someones can't see beyond their noses
funny but even from start my v street kid helped choomba without asking money

i know how panam is written, because i didn’t even call her to say goodbye before making choice during the first walkthrough, and later found out that she doesn’t like to say goodbye

tldr
before asking panam v doesn't know what will happen, all nomads may die, panam may die
v puts on the table a few hours of life against the full lives of nomads just because he afraids to give body to johnny
after death without dlc v will do her the only leader what goes against her desires and her abilities
if it's not selfish i don't know what is selfish and if v knows what happens he becomes even more selfish

nomads starts war against corpos, when legend v takes all responsibility on own shoulders - selfish?
remember what vik said about fight against a stronger opponent? the mistake was to go against
nomads have three of them now while during the game they even cannot fight with broken kang tao
they has arasaka tech, but they lost three out of four of the best avocados technicians
and magically panam and mitch has plot armour but rogue - no

panam left family, no matter what, she left them
if v doesn't do her quests she will stay in night city - what about family, pan?
she said on the balcony: "i'm here for you"
later in nomads camp: saul sees opportunities, panam wants helps only v
when family becomes more important?
why she doesn't offer help with crystal palace? how is this different from asking for help with mikoshi?
what did the city do to her? took the car and box with cookies? is this the character of a leader?
why she wants to leave at dawn when later v says to mr.be that data will be tomorrow morning?
why she doesn't want to wait one more day? saul? he treats the character well
where are her southern contacts when v has money to pay them for the cure?

having a lot of contacts, money and power means that v has opportunities to protect her + no enemies ahead
he has delamain av, trauma team support, major support, mr.be support, afterlife mercs support
he can turn avocados into the best mercenaries of night city badlands
she will say later that she has a lot of orders, so why leave?

but games decides that v has to be a selfish, it's nonsense
during whole walk the game doesn't show v as an asshole until talking with panam in the epilogue

Last edited:
my v was called differently here: a traitor, a liar, a selfish, a dh, compared with rogue and nash

i know how panam is written, because i didn’t even call her to say goodbye before making choice during the first walkthrough, and later found out that she doesn’t like to say goodbye

tldr
before asking panam v doesn't know what will happen, all nomads may die, panam may die
v puts on the table a few hours of life against the full lives of nomads just because he afraids to give body to johnny
after death without dlc v will do her the only leader what goes against her desires and her abilities
if it's not selfish i don't know what is selfish and if v knows what happens he becomes even more selfish

nomads starts war against corpos, when legend v takes all responsibility on own shoulders - selfish?
remember what vik said about fight against a stronger opponent? the mistake was to go against
nomads have three of them now while during the game they even cannot fight with broken kang tao
they has arasaka tech, but they lost three out of four of the best avocados technicians

if v doesn't do her quests she will stay in night city - what about family, pan?
why she doesn't offer help with crystal palace? how is this different from asking for help with mikoshi?
what did the city do to her? took the car and box with cookies? is this the character of a leader?
why she wants to leave at dawn when later v says to mr.be that data will be tomorrow morning?

having a lot of contacts, money and power means that v has opportunities to protect her + no enemies ahead
he has delamain av, trauma team support, major support, mr.be support, afterlife mercs support

during whole walk the game doesn't show v as an asshole until talking with panam in the epilogue
If you don't like how we are here, what are our opinions here why you are still returning to this thread?

We understand that what you wanted, but we are delivered with what we have. We are just trying to make something with that what we have right now from the devs. IF we can go with Aldecaldos after solo/Rouge run and not putting Panam, Saul, veterans, and the rest of the clan, I'm sure most of us go that way.

You stated that in the Star ending V has everything: money, family, and love. BUT if you take care of what happened - V leaves all of his money behind after the Arasaka assault, that stuff from Mikoshi can be easily hijacked on the border by 'Saka guns because they are patroling all borders. Aldecaldos can be also killed when they are moving that stuff.

If you are one of those telling "I've got the money and I'm the legendary fixer now and I can protect the Aldecaldos and Panam" you are also the one telling tales of having everything: power, money, and love.

tldr

you have your opinion, other people have their opinion. There isn't any more to say. What is the point? unless you're trying to change people's mind to say that yours is the only right opinion. That's not what discussion is about

OMG
You put it very well, I wouldn't have written it better! That's what in the stars ending is all about, we choose Panama, we choose nomad family, we choose love. It is obvious that money is important to Aldecaldos and V because they have to buy food, fuel, and so on, but it is not the most important thing.
Sorry, hope I'm not using too fanciful/big words

Regarding this I can say what I think.

I actually think that, if there will be a DLC post story, we might find the cure pretty early in the story.

We've already had a "rush to cure" throughout the main story. Having the exact same theme for the duration of the DLC could be a bit boring and repetitive, without having any other purpose in the game.

I think that once the cure is found, we could be directed towards other issues, such as the war between arasaka and militech, or a war between different corporations. (for example Biotecnica, since in the game it is practically only mentioned)

They could introduce MBE, perhaps with another context, other than finding the cure.

Or, which I would love, the war between NetWatch and AI. And here they might even insert Alt and Johnny.
We could decide whether to side with them, or with NetWatch.
Or, Alt might be a villain (which I've been thinking throughout the main story) and we need to save Johnny and the other AI's from the blackwall and defeat Alt.
Want it or not, Johnny helped us a lot towards the end of the game and we became friends.
And honestly, during the Chippin-in mission, I saw his displeasure, his disappointment. For the first time I saw his human side, his good side. And I have also quite bonded with him.

There are so many ideas that could be implemented, without having to have a DLC focused solely on cure.

However, these are just my opinions, they are not necessarily included in the DLC, but I think it would be nice, imo.

You wrote an interesting piece of plot to dlc here

If you don't like how we are here, what are our opinions here why you are still returning to this thread?
this thread about panam and she is in the legend ending thats why
all of you call legend way is selfish and even worse so i'm here to object
upd: no one of you will choose another ending because you will call panam to help anyway, haha
upd: or you can sell to arasaka, nobody die, panam waits

and where in the game devs show it? obviously avocados have plot armour
legend also loses all money and during the game money lie on net bank account
rocket lauchers are not a problem, radiation is not a problem, corpos are not a problem, border is not a problem

that's what i'm talking about
star v has status of city and badlands legend, power, money, family, girl + misty "the sun" + misty "happy end!" + best music theme + best ending scene
sun v has status of city legend, power and money
haha, "we have to pay the price", yeah, really, price of lack of consequences and loss of minor characters
where is legend fairy tale

you have your opinion, other people have their opinion. There isn't any more to say. What is the point? unless you're trying to change people's mind to say that yours is the only right opinion. That's not what discussion is about
i show plotholes, inconsistency of consequences and endings' unequality

upd: if you don't want to read my posts, just don't read it, it's easy

Last edited:
upd: no one of you will choose another ending because you will call panam to help anyway, haha

rocket lauchers are not a problem, radiation is not a problem, corpos are not a problem, border is not a problem

star v has status of city and badlands legend, power, money, family, girl + misty "the sun" + misty "happy end!" + best music theme + best ending scene
haha, "we have to pay the price", yeah, really, price of lack of consequences and loss of minor characters

The story we have now is the story devs wrote and gave all us. I try to tell it very simply.
CP world demands balance in what you get and what you lose. That principle is constant. That means you cant get EVERYTHING you want without losing something.

Sun/Secret ending - you have almost EVERYTHING - NC legend status, money, weapon, reputation, all your friends live, everything you want except one thing - the girl you love and who loves you but can't stay with you in this cursed city. Compare what you get and what you lose. That's the price for your legend status in CP world in devs conception.

Star ending - you have the girl you love, NC legend status (formally at least), arasaka outfit, reputation. But some of your friends or people who helped you die, you don't have so much money, you don't have rich apartments. The price for being with the family is responsibility for yourself and other family members.

I'm satisfed with everything I get from Star ending, apparently I am saddened with my losses.
So I don't see the reason of your dissatisfaction in Sun/Secret ending - you get everything except ONE - Panam.
How unfair:rolleyes:

How unfair
wrong on basic level, quiet life (nobody) OR blaze of glory (nc legend) - game's deal
while star is about blaze of glory (bd legend) AND blaze of glory (nc legend) AND quiet life (panam) - magic deal
mitch: "we will build aircraft carrier!" - yeah, not so much money

your friends or people who helped you die
nobody cares because nobody remembers them, it's fact

stop it, i know what devs want to say, they failed

panam: "i'm here for you! lets attack arasaka togetha! palace tomorrow morning? no, thanks! i will leave you now!"
ridicolous

Last edited:
nobody cares because nobody remembers them, it's fact

Not sure, you can call this a fact. Let's call it what it is: an opinion. And it's ok to have one, some people will agree with you, it just seems that people here disagree with that take.

Im pretty sure most of this thread's participants agree with you on this:
hope that panam will be in future dlc
that's all

So let's just bury the hatchet :shrug:

upd: or you can sell to arasaka, nobody die, panam waits

Well, actually I read everyone's post, also yours. I just choose to don't put like, because I don't share your opinion (and seems like none here share that).
Im being kind because there is no point of being rude, but the point is not that you write what you want and then say "if you don't like my messages, just don't read them".
Is a kinda stupid statement. Expecially because the forum is made by different threads and everyone here can see that you are in the wrong one.
Is really annoying when you call Aldecaldos avocados, It is a rather derogatory term that I think annoy alot of people here that actually liked them.

So, my personal advice is, just go find a thread that suits with your ideas. The forum is full of threads and you can even create one, where you explain how and why you hate Aldecaldo and star ending. If people share your same opinion, they will most likely come there and talk with you.
Here we don't, because when you write, you are disrespectful about our opinions, so I see no points for you in keep staying here and annoy people (and also going off topic).

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom