Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
Unfortunately, not everyone has as much patience as we do. Some players discouraged by bugs (especially console users) will not return to this game, or will do it in a few years.
We can wait a long time to welcome Arizona in big dlc. That's why I dream that before patch 1.2 we would get small dlc, they can even be super small, for example one new dialogue with Panam, a new message from her, or at least the possibility of sleeping in the Aldecaldos camp. :giveup:
It would be a beautiful addition to diversify our wait for the announced free dlcs
Also, those small things should be available to other romance relatives and friends of V. But you are right, we can wait patiently for Arizona appearance in the DLC :beer:

How dare you @zinganza ?:cry::cry::giveup:
hahaha :ROFLMAO: I couldn't resist :giveup:

panam3.gif

I apologize if I repeat myself in some things, but I thought about Star and Sun/Secret endings again. Two most positive endings for V from different points of view. I find these endings similar from one side but strongly different from the other side. What do I have in mind? And why do most of us prefer Star ending?

Similar things: V removed relic from his head. He damaged Arasaka. He became legend of NC. He is still dying, he has ~ 6 months to find cure.

Differences: in Star ending V’s legend status is formal. It doesn’t give him real power, money or something like this, because V refused to accept these things voluntarily. The only thing V has in Star ending is reputation. His name is known in NC and PROBABLY known beyond NC.

V has Panam and Family in Star ending. Because he chose love and refused glory. He chose trust to people who consider him brother. He chose girl who could love him because he forgot about his pride and helped her whenever she asked. Mutual assistance is incredibly rare quality in NC. But V and Panam have it and it was the first step to their love.

Why Star ending? Because for V and Panam paths were incredibly similar. They both were searching for their best future in NC. They both thought NC is city of their dreams. They both thought NC gave them freedom, but they both were wrong. As Johnny said “not for people like them”. Their fates were similar from the beginning and then so immediately intertwined. Why should I separate them after this?

Remember Panam’s words to V: “The feeling of realizing freedom means nothing if you’re alone”.
Even Panam with her hard temper can admit her mistakes. But she could do this with the help of V. He helped her to return on the right way. And Panam didn’t forget this. She couldn’t forget the guy who did so much for her just because it was important for her and people around her.

So, if you are alone you will never be really free, wherever you are. That’s why Secret ending is so bitter for me. You have everything and technically you are free to do everything you want but you lose your girl because you preferred glory to love in the very last moment.

That’s why the choice of love, hope and suspense is not worse than choice of glory, pride and loneliness. And that doesn’t break CP concept in any way.

Star ending is life now and here with people you love whatever it takes.

Last edited:
I apologize if I repeat myself in some things, but I thought about Star and Sun/Secret endings again. Two most positive endings for V from different points of view. I find these endings similar from one side but strongly different from the other side. What do I have in mind? And why do most of us prefer Star ending?

Similar things: V removed relic from his head. He damaged Arasaka. He became legend of NC. He is still dying, he has ~ 6 months to find cure.

Differences: in Star ending V’s legend status is formal. It doesn’t give him real power, money or something like this, because V refused to accept these things voluntarily. The only thing V has in Star ending is reputation. His name is known in NC and PROBABLY known beyond NC.

V has Panam and Family in Star ending. Because he chose love and refused glory. He chose trust to people who consider him brother. He chose girl who could love him because he forgot about his pride and helped her whenever she asked. Mutual assistance is incredibly rare quality in NC. But V and Panam have it and it was the first step to their love.

Why Star ending? Because for V and Panam paths were incredibly similar. They both were searching for their best future in NC. They both thought NC is city of their dreams. They both thought NC gave them freedom, but they both were wrong. As Johnny said “not for people like them”. Their fates were similar from the beginning and then so immediately intertwined. Why should I separate them after this?

Remember Panam’s words to V: “The feeling of realizing freedom means nothing if you’re alone”.
Even Panam with her hard temper can admit her mistakes. But she could do this with the help of V. He helped her to return on the right way. And Panam didn’t forget this. She couldn’t forget the guy who did so much for her just because it was important for her and people around her.

So, if you are alone you will never be really free, wherever you are. That’s why Secret ending is so bitter for me. You have everything and technically you are free to do everything you want but you lose your girl because you preferred glory to love in the very last moment.

That’s why the choice of love, hope and suspense is not worse than choice of glory, pride and loneliness. And that doesn’t break CP concept in any way.

Well said, I agree with you. And I have one thing to add. In one of the open world missions you meet again with Pepe - bartender from Mama Wells place - he gives you a mission involving his wife and at the end of it you can call him back to explain everything you see and say to him something like that:

"She loves you, Pepe... Yes- she has her secrets, yes she lied to you. But she truly loves you. Do you know how much is it in this damned city?"

I've done this quest after Panam's questline so at that moment in time V realized what is important to him. Not money and power, but love and trust. Just as @Vitalurg explained here.

Last edited:
As I promised everything is ready - food, brosephs and even Panam showed up. We have a long night to go so enjoy your time in the camp
View attachment 11189740

One day less that brings us a little closer to Arizona.
I will post the contest photo between Saturday and Sunday morning.

Agree. The game offers us some choices. I chose the star ending, which is the best for me and to make only this one and not another one.

We can say that the story of V is a life lesson. While looking for futile things like being a legend, fame, etc. he found death. When he listened to his heart, his sincerity won him everything without looking for it: Living legend of Night City, violent damage in Arasaka (Yorinobu), certainly the love of his life, a family, true values, stability etc.... Conclusion, one must always listen to one's heart.

What more can I say ? You wrote this text perfectly.
Yes one thing : What's the name of the V cocktail at the afterlife ? :beer:

Well said, I agree with you. And I have one thing to add. In one of the open world missions you meet again with Pepe - bartender from Mama Wells place - he gives you a mission involving his wife and at the end of it you can call him back to explain everything you see and say to him something like that:

"She loves you, Pepe... Yes- she has her secrets, yes she lied to you. But she truly loves you. Do you know how much is it in this damned city?"

I've done this quest after Panam's questline so at that moment in time V realized what is important to him. Not money and power, but love and trust. Just as @Vitalurg explained here.

Yes, I remember this quest with this choice of dialogue. He finally came to his senses.
Post automatically merged:

photomode_28022021_123910.png

Last edited:
Shots from my last playthrough. Love the detail in the hair.

View attachment 11190001

View attachment 11190004
One more magnificent detail of Panam’s image:D. She has so complicated hairstyle.

I wonder who helped her to braid hair in such way earlier? Apparently such hairstyle is convenient for nomad girl who is always in moving.

It would be so touching if we would see Panam loosing her hair in front of V when they will be together alone after a day in AZ:)

Top Bottom