Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
I hate to say this but if they only want missions that tell a story i really can't see them adding more to romances.

We see what they want to show and watch as they become useless NPCs.

Its sad because this aspect could be awesome.

Its a great game, just not a good RP game if they follow their current plans.

Because eventually everything will be done and end unless we start a new game

FHdrMyIWYAUVkhi.jpg

Though she can come off like a spoiled brat sometimes, no one can question that Panam cares by the end of her series of quests. When V blacks out, she's over that counter before we even hit the ground.

Tbh, Panam is a poor romance choice.
She's only ever nice when you agree with with all the time. Disagree at points and she's siting there beating the steering wheel, or shouting and screaming to get her way.
She showed her true colours when you Dob her in to Saul for the free ride. Not satisfied with bellowing at you and saying "I never want to talk to you again" she has to send a toxic text message as well.

There should be a dialogue option to tell her to go and f**k herself.

She showed her true colours when you Dob her in to Saul for the free ride. Not satisfied with bellowing at you and saying "I never want to talk to you again" she has to send a toxic text message as well.
If I resume the facts, you find "weird/toxic" the message from Panam in the case :
Because she has enough confidence in you, she share with you her "secret" plan about the Basilisk and you, the first things you do is to betray her, to run to tell it to Saul. All of that, only to get a free car.

If yes, you truly think she would welcome you with a smile after that ?

If I resume the facts, you find "weird/toxic" the message from Panam in the case :
Because she has enough confidence in you, she share with you her "secret" plan about the Basilisk and you, the first things you do is to betray her, to run to tell it to Saul. All of that, only to get a free car.

Sure she would. A smile and a bullet :D

Tbh, Panam is a poor romance choice.
She's only ever nice when you agree with with all the time. Disagree at points and she's siting there beating the steering wheel, or shouting and screaming to get her way.

There should be a dialogue option to tell her to go and f**k herself.
V abruptly enters her life at the worst possible time so it's not surprising that she's hostile to him at first.

As for betraying her, @LeKill3rFou nailed it.

For me, it's deffinetely the Train Tower scene and the following campfire part.
You see that Panam showed as a tough girl (she surely is) is afraid of something... someone important to her. Before that, we saw her taking instant action. But at this moment she needed support, assurance from V that she's doing the right thing and that she's not gonna lose that support. Next during that exact scene from your picture, she felt a bit ashamed of her feelings. The rest of the veterans already knew what's in the air - they already accepted V as a member of the family.

All of that gives humanlike, real-life experience. Of course, this game has many of those, but that one is my favorite.
I agree with your @MrBilL61 choice, this scene cements all the little gestures, feelings we've been able to experience so far. This scene is an accumulation of emotions, desires and feelings for both Panam and V that they experienced before. During this scene, I recreated in my mind every moment spent with Panam from the moment I met it. This scene shows us how strongly "V" has been influencing Panama and vice versa.
This helps to see how an individual can positively (or negatively) influence others by changing their lives.

I'm not talking the act itself, I'm talking about her having to hammer the point home, like a group of teenage girls mean texting at a sleepover, after she already put you on blast.
Having to revisit old arguments, and keep taking about how it affects her, is a toxic trait. She never even mentions the car, so she won't ever know about it.
Her reactions to anything that didn't end in agreeing with her, end with her having a hissy fit. She always wants a bit extra.
You agree to help her get her car, then instead of holding up her end of the deal, she asks for more. She would always be pushing boundaries with her anger or holding a grudge as the consequences.

CDPR have been incredibly clever in the way they wrote her. Your romance choices are, in these games, never about who you like, but who you can screw.
That's it. All moral high ground is lost at that point.
You made those choices, but look back on it for a sec. Step back and analyse it. How many of those choices were just so you could get into her pants?
All of them.

You're a Merc, you can either James Bond it and act the part in this RPG like you've never played before, or end up whipped.

Even in the end, in the "final" ending, it was all about how it made her feel.
Everyone else honestly misses you and says so.
Panam? She wants you to burn in hell because of how you made her feel, not because of the dire situation and absolute despair you were in.

Even in the sun ending. I feel there's just excuses about how she can't see you, like an absentee Dad.
Sorry, but if I was in love with someone with 6 months left to live, I'd take a backseat and allow Saul to run things, with the agreement that in the end, they return to normal.

Nope the "the family comes first"
But who were they all constantly calling family?
You.
You're family.
When do you come first?
Honestly with Panam, you never would.

Last edited:
You made those choices, but look back on it for a sec. Step back and analyse it. How many of those choices were just so you could get into her pants?
All of them.
For me none :)
(I romanced Panam only one time since day one)
But it always end with Panam as a very close friend (even like a sister), that my V call in the middle of the night to ask help for a "suicide" mission and Panam who say "Ok! Don't move, I'm on the way. Try to not die to quick".

I'm not talking the act itself, I'm talking about her having to hammer the point home, like a group of teenage girls mean texting at a sleepover, after she already put you on blast.
Having to revisit old arguments, and keep taking about how it affects her, is a toxic trait. She never even mentions the car, so she won't ever know about it.
Her reactions to anything that didn't end in agreeing with her, end with her having a hissy fit. She always wants a bit extra.
You agree to help her get her car, then instead of holding up her end of the deal, she asks for more. She would always be pushing boundaries with her anger or holding a grudge as the consequences.

CDPR have been incredibly clever in the way they wrote her. Your romance choices are, in these games, never about who you like, but who you can screw.

All of them.

You're a Merc, you can either James Bond it and act the part in this RPG like you've never played before, or end up whipped.

Even in the end, in the "final" ending, it was all about how it made her feel.
Everyone else honestly misses you and says so.
Panam? She wants you to burn in hell because of how you made her feel, not because of the dire situation and absolute despair you were in.

Even in the sun ending. I feel there's just excuses about how she can't see you, like an absentee Dad.
Sorry, but if I was in love with someone with 6 months left to live, I'd take a backseat and allow Saul to run things, with the agreement that in the end, they return to normal.

Nope the "the family comes first"
But who were they all constantly calling family?
You.
You're family.
When do you come first?
Honestly with Panam, you never would.
:coolstory:

Top Bottom