Panam Palmer Storyline/Sidequests DLC [Spoilers]

+
Just a screenshot edited with my "limited" skills :)
Panam_Fuel_My_Fire.jpg

I just think that they don't treat Panam's conflicts and mistakes with enough dept after you help her deal with the asshole that nearly raped her.

Scorpio's death was because she helped a total outsider take down a flying transport but they easily forgive her and gloss it over as Scorpio having known the risks.

After saving Saul, she goes behind his back to attack Militech for the Basilisk potentially starting a conflict between the clan and a behemoth corp but most people involved treat the risks as no big deal and the game gives reason to Panam with Saul just shrugging the failed corpo deal off and making her co-leader of their clan.

In my opinion the writers felt afraid of being seen as sexist by having Panam getting shunned by her peers or even getting exiled over the consequences of her actions and ended up being sexist by downplaying female agency with the ability to make mistakes.

Judy by comparison suffers harshly for trying to violently overthrow the gang exploiting the sex workers to the point she flees the city if V doesn't romance her.

I believe the main difference here is that Judy's arc deals with female on female violence and exploitation given that the driving enemy of the arc is Maiko. This gives the writers leeway to focus on the morals and consequences of Judy's decisions.

With Panam there is a clear double standard because her opposing force is Saul, which the game treats as an incompetent male whose every decision she proves wrong by virtue of the story making things go her way.

Honestly, I wish they had played the pariah aspect of Panam's story to the same degree they played Judy's harsh decisions lead to stern consequences theme.

If I were writing Panam's arc I would have treated her more harshly whenever her actions endangered the clan and that without V's intervention allowing her to see the bigger picture and change course she would eventually get exiled for real ending up as an afterlife merc more compatible with the Sun ending.

We feel this, we wanted more!
But..... let's be honest, even if they release a DLC about her storyline, we are gonna feel the same in the end.
She still will become a useless npc even after a possible update.
They should make a game apart for us :ROFLMAO:

edit: Im taking a look at the reddit post and.. damn we all feel depressed now :giveup:
let me tag @Retro-_-
Helo respectfull Dev Team,
I really fell in love with the gameplay of your awesome CP2077, but i have one Question i wanna ask you, and i think im not the only one that is felling like me.
I just played the end of the Quests of Panam Palmer, i really felt smth in this Storyline. Ngl i was a little bit depressed, when the Romance apruptly ended, like it was just a facade over all.

For me its the first time i felt this way of a virtual Character but luckily iam not the only person that thinks like this.

I would love it when you think about the community and to think about a possible DLC for a Storyline expansion of Panam Palmer( also other Characters) how many of us loved this character and are unhappy that it ended this way. May i ensure u that im not the only person whos feeling like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kc2alk over all i hope you see this message and we could came with smth up.

Greetings, keep up the good work.

Edit: Hopefully we`ll get new news around the upcoming gameplay features, keep me up to date.
Im sure that CDPR will keep their promises.
I am 100% with this. I am not going to lie I simply wanted to email Project Red and say, thank you! This game is just amazing I teared up at parts and really enjoyed every second of the main story as well as the side stories mainly Panam’s. Much love to the makers of the story between her and V I found that to be beautiful even as a dude who doesn’t fall for that kind of thing it really has my heart racing. Thank you for the wonderful memories and continuing to work on such a brilliant creation even after so many doubted you. Through failure comes triumph and boy did y’all triumph, God bless you all and can’t wait to see what comes next!!

I am 100% with this. I am not going to lie I simply wanted to email Project Red and say, thank you! This game is just amazing I teared up at parts and really enjoyed every second of the main story as well as the side stories mainly Panam’s. Much love to the makers of the story between her and V I found that to be beautiful even as a dude who doesn’t fall for that kind of thing it really has my heart racing. Thank you for the wonderful memories and continuing to work on such a brilliant creation even after so many doubted you. Through failure comes triumph and boy did y’all triumph, God bless you all and can’t wait to see what comes next!!
Same opinion as you guys. That's why I'm glad that CD Projekt RED added new SMS with Panam in the last update, but it's not enough. I wish I could have new interactions with her. New kissing and sex scenes, walks in the desert, bedtime chats and more to continue our relationship with Panam and push the RP further.

Sandra Dorsett has potential, plus story plot too. I play Female V & the bond between V and Panam is strong. I like it that way. I love Judy but, I have trust issues with the Evelyn thing. Like the bath tub. Looked
Violent and coos never showed. Either over sight or “Hmm”…..

Still I’d like a small prologue on V and Bakker’s. It’s my wish and I’m sticking to it, though I’m Corpo 90 %!! But I play Nomad and just imagine Bakker’s..a small bit.
Yop would be nice to see more from this nomad life of V. But calm down your expectations. It wont be better than Panam Palmer :p

Yop would be nice to see more from this nomad life of V. But calm down your expectations. It wont be better than Panam Palmer :p
Around Panam, Calm down even playing Fem V with no hope of romance. Nah, how can anyone be calm around her? She’s the Panam flight airlines plane ✈️ to the star’s 💫

Around Panam, Calm down even playing Fem V with no hope of romance. Nah, how can anyone be calm around her? She’s the Panam flight airlines plane ✈️ to the star’s 💫
if you are on PC, you can install mod and have a relationship with her even as fem V. So my current fem V has relationship with all 4 characters. I was curious what i missed with River and Kerry 🙃

if you are on PC, you can install mod and have a relationship with her even as fem V. So my current fem V has relationship with all 4 characters. I was curious what i missed with River and Kerry 🙃
Good idea. But I play on
Xbox Series X. I could someday get PC for gaming but My dad found this Series X by luck, I do mean luck. Plus I need to work on making money since my economic streak is a bit low, not too low but, I’ll keep that in mind someday.

Great storyline with Panam.

Love her. My type of girl - impulsive, honest, right sense of humor, keeps her word and not abandon which is in fact most valuable thing in such unkind universe.

Totally agree with opinion above that in the game should be 2 potential arcs for her based on decisions with her family - stay inside the family as a leader or be exiled and continue to be a merc - freelancer.

I have to say she represents a real salvation for V. In the begining of a game V try to achive some and, let say, fly high, be remembered but after known events direction was significantly changed and he found a more valuable thing - a person who loves V and support him through thick and thin. This is true relic.

And yes, let's admit a syndrome to ourselves - we need more Panam :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom