Panam text, "I can help".

+
Following the completion of Queen of the Highway, I got a text from Panam after a little bit of time. In it she hints that Her and Saul might just know how to help, with however, there is nothing following it. No quest or convo option when you go to their camp, nothing after waiting 48hrs. What gives?

It's a confirmation that you've opened up a path in the story (act 3). Keep playing and you'll see.

I guessed that however, as I was about to begin the following main story where you meet at embers. Says you should finish everything up prior to that, so either its poorly communicated or there is something I can do to get another main story alternative with Panam and the Alcados?

I guessed that however, as I was about to begin the following main story where you meet at embers. Says you should finish everything up prior to that, so either its poorly communicated or there is something I can do to get another main story alternative with Panam and the Alcados?

As far as I know, once you have finished the Panam side quests you are done with that arc. There's only one alternative ending with the Aldecaldos/Panam.

*Thread I necro thee*

I'm surprised this thread didn't get any bigger because as far as I can see this text message looks like a pretty big plot hole. This text has absolutely nothing to do with Mikoshi because Panam doesn't even know about Mikoshi yet (V doesn't tell Panam about Mikoshi until the post-Embers rooftop scene in Act 3, which is way later).

So whatever it is that Panam is referring to in that text, she never elaborates. Even when you phone her about Mikoshi, Panam doesn't go, "Oh but remember when I texted you ages ago saying we figured out how to help with your problem? Well we can just do that instead!" Nope, even then, she says nuthin'.

*Thread I necro thee*

I'm surprised this thread didn't get any bigger because as far as I can see this text message looks like a pretty big plot hole. This text has absolutely nothing to do with Mikoshi because Panam doesn't even know about Mikoshi yet (V doesn't tell Panam about Mikoshi until the post-Embers rooftop scene in Act 3, which is way later).

So whatever it is that Panam is referring to in that text, she never elaborates. Even when you phone her about Mikoshi, Panam doesn't go, "Oh but remember when I texted you ages ago saying we figured out how to help with your problem? Well we can just do that instead!" Nope, even then, she says nuthin'.
Yep, this message have nothing to do with the ending :)
Because :
V doesn't said anything about Mikoshi before the ending. If I remember, at the end of Queen of the Highway, V said "only" : "I don't know if there is a solution...". The plan about Arasaka and Mikoshi was made by Saul and Panam during the moment where V was knockout in the car (and not before).

But my "interpretation" of this message is slightly different of a "plot hole" :
After Queen of The Highway, Aldecaldos are rather "weak". They have the Wraiths and probably Militech on their backs, they have no money, no equipment, the agreement of Saul and Panam is only a facade and they will have to leave Night City "quickly".
Basically, impossible to really "help" V...
But I think in Panam's mind (who is not always rational), if the Aldecaldos attacked a Corpo (for money/equipment) and leave "quietly" Night City, she could help V in the same way as the Star Ending by using her "contacts". So yeah, they/Panam have probably planned to make an operation against a Corpo (we don't know which one and certainly not by assaulting Arasaka and Mikoshi) and thanks to that, could possibly help V after leaving Night City (V also didn't tell Panam he/she could die "very" soon)

But my "interpretation" of this message is slightly different of a "plot hole" :
After Queen of The Highway, Aldecaldos are rather "weak". They have the Wraiths and probably Militech on their backs, they have no money, no equipment, the agreement of Saul and Panam is only a facade and they will have to leave Night City "quickly".
Basically, impossible to really "help" V...
But I think in Panam's mind (who is not always rational), if the Aldecaldos attacked a Corpo (for money/equipment) and leave "quietly" Night City, she could help V in the same way as the Star Ending by using her "contacts". So yeah, they/Panam have probably planned to make an operation against a Corpo (we don't know which one and certainly not by assaulting Arasaka and Mikoshi) and thanks to that, could possibly help V after leaving Night City (V also didn't tell Panam he/she could die "very" soon)

The plot hole is that V and Panam never talk about it beforehand. That's the issue. Why would V not ask Panam about the text before heading to Embers? Or on the rooftop over the phone? It doesn't make any sense.

The plot hole is that V and Panam never talk about it beforehand. That's the issue. Why would V not ask Panam about the text before heading to Embers? Or on the rooftop over the phone? It doesn't make any sense.
In the message, Panam (if I remember), say something like "I can't tell you more at the moment".
When V goes to the Embers, it's simply for talking to Hanako (the "point of no return" message doesn't count here^^) and nothing more. Nothing is really planned at this moment ("much to Johnny's dismay") and even less to thing he/she have to decide something "soon" or "just after".
And also it's Johnny who "drive" V to Viktor for avoiding a "flatline in a gutter".

In short, in my point of view, before the roof, V doesn't plan/decide anything. V is a little forced to make a decision on the roof by force of circumstances :(

On the roof :
- First call, V can't say anything, because Panam... don't let V talk.
- Second call, assault Arasaka to reach Mikoshi certainly through Panam's "previous plan" in the trash for sure.

Edit :
I'm not sure it's very "clear" what I wrote :D
In short, until the "fatal" crisis in the elevator (and therefore the roof), V still thinks he/she have enough/more time to choose and decide what to do (in view of the dialogue with Johnny). And that while Panam's plan (on her message) may help him/her, it won't save his/her life. She isn't aware about Mikoshi, Alt, Arasaka,... So there is no way she was able to find a "miraculous" solution in middle of her camp (even with all the goodwill in the world).

Last edited:
In the message, Panam (if I remember), say something like "I can't tell you more at the moment".
When V goes to the Embers, it's simply for talking to Hanako (the "point of no return" message doesn't count here^^) and nothing more. Nothing is really planned at this moment ("much to Johnny's dismay") and even less to thing he/she have to decide something "soon" or "just after".
And also it's Johnny who "drive" V to Viktor for avoiding a "flatline in a gutter".

Yeah, Embers is just to have a chat but it's obviously a risky thing to do. In any case, Panam's text can arrive way before that. Meaning there's a kazilion opportunities for V to talk to Panam about it. Why would V be avoidant about asking Panam a simple question but perfectly comfortable seeing Hanako in the mean time? Doesn't make sense.

Disagree with you that V doesn't feel the need to decide anything soon - I think that really depends on how you're roleplaying the game.

On the roof :
- First call, V can't say anything, because Panam... don't let V talk.

Nope, V talks plenty and has no reason not to ask Panam about that text.

- Second call, assault Arasaka to reach Mikoshi certainly [threw] Panam's "previous plan" in the trash for sure.

You don't know what her previous plan is (if there ever was one). She never divulges it and V never asks.

And that while Panam's plan (on her message) may help him/her, it won't save his/her life.

How did V arrive at that conclusion when she doesn't even know what Panam's alleged plan was?

In any case, I personally think that the text was probably supposed to be cut from the game but they just forgot to do so. As it is, it just creates a plot hole. Without the text, the story makes way more sense because at the end of Queen of the Highway, Panam basically says "if YOU figure out a solution, you can call us and we'll help". See how much more cleanly that fits with the existing narrative? The text is probably superfluous - otherwise it throws a narrative spanner in the works.

Nope, V talks plenty and has no reason not to ask Panam about that text.
Yep V talks, but not "really/enough", I think :(
But it's like that with every characters (probably to not to overwhelm them), V never say exactly everything like the seriousness of the situation or the possible solutions who are quite/very dangerous...
I must attack Arasaka, the most powerful Corporations, then break into the most secured/guarded area of Night City, then get soulkilled and finally, if I'm lucky, comeback in my body after a little trip in the deepnet.
And it's maybe more obvious with Panam (just look the end of the first call... "Take few deep breath and call me ! End of the discussion...").
- If V say that (^spoiler) to Panam at the camp after Queen of The Highway, she would never let V leave the camp to go see Hanako.
- If V say that after leaving the camp, it would certainly end like the first call "shut up, don't go anywhere, I'm on the way...".

And yeah, the message is maybe "in excess", but it doesn't create a hole in the story in any way (for me at least). Because, for me yes, she have a plan, but it's above all to put the Aldecaldos "back on their feet" and after she could "help" V, but without knowing exactly the "real" situation and how to "help" V (it's Panam...). So rather than adding anything to the story, it actually emphasizes Panam's character more. She have "a plan" even if she doesn't know anything (or almost) of V's situation :)

Last edited:

Guest 4412420

I went to look for the text message to see what it says exactly.
1637560663899.png
She says that they're planning for a way to leave Night City. But that the text message kind of create a small inconsistency. Sure, it could just be Panam jumping the gun because she's pretty impulsive, but "get that head of yours sorted out. Then we leave the city..." implies that she suspects or knows that there's something in Night City that can help, but she doesn't know that yet.

I went to look for the text message to see what it says exactly.
She says that they're planning for a way to leave Night City. But that the text message kind of create a small inconsistency. Sure, it could just be Panam jumping the gun because she's pretty impulsive, but "get that head of yours sorted out. Then we leave the city..." implies that she suspects or knows that there's something in Night City that can help, but she doesn't know that yet.

That's so interesting - I didn't realise the texts could be so different. But yeah, the ones you got are even more explicit. Like she's straight up telling you she has a job planned in order to get your head fixed :/

Here's what I got:
panam text01.jpg

panam text02.jpg

Like stated in this thread earlier, it basically lets you know that you have unlocked one of the possible endings. Nothing else will come out of that.

Top Bottom