Panam's triple A of success.

+

The first time I played, I remember thinking how strange it was that the DEV seem to have paralleled developed the US Air force ODDA Loop:

ODDA Loop:

1625598512547.png

"Developed by military strategist and United States Air Force Colonel John Boyd (1950's). Boyd applied the concept to the combat operations process, often at the operational level during military campaigns."

But then playing again recently I heard Panam say it was something she derived from a concept she heard from her friends that were in the military. Cool I love it when a DEV does their homework.

In gathering info for this post I just found out that this (ODDA Loop) is also a founding part of "game theory".

"Game theory is the study of mathematical models of strategic interaction among rational decision-makers. "

I learned about the ODDA loop in martial arts. I was told that the person that could get thru this loop the fastest would most often win the fight. A lot of people are surprised to learn that 50% RL combat is mental not physical. Something I did not learn myself until participating in tournaments. When I was a kid I would always throw out the rules of "morale check," for table top war gamming not realizing how much of a very important part of the game it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom