Paper Cuts: Small Bugs and Minor Annoyances

+
I've played the game for about a week now and have encountered a few bugs or annoyances that kind of hurts the new player experience. I'll update this thread with anything else I might encounter and try to include a possible solution. Again all of these are pretty minor, Paper Cuts if you will, nothing game breaking. It's my hope that these can be easily remedied instead of ignored. I'm sure with enough experience playing I'd be able to actively avoid some of these issues, but that really doesn't solve anything for new players to the game.

1. Orders and Charges.

Some cards have orders, and some cards have orders with charges, both visually look the same (the little green circle with the amount of charges next to it). However this gets confusing because cards without [Charge:] on it can't receive multiple charges.

Fix: A new icon for cards that have orders, but not [Charge:], a symbol instead of a X:1 number icon

2. Access game settings from within a match.

Ran into this when i accidentally disabled the wrong-row warning. A bit annoying that I'm unable to adjust settings during a match. Also players may want to adjust sound. mute opponents, etc.

3. Unclear when an action is undo-able.
I've noticed this more on android but there's a few times when an action can be cancelled, and most of the time an action can't. Some cards you can right-click on PC with some deploy effects and undo the card being played, others, such as Ozzrel, you're unable to undo once you've entered the selected graveyard.

Fix: Add a confirmation button perhaps? Not sure really when an action is locked in.

4. Filters during deck building
Manual search filters automatically locks show ALL cards instead of only owned cards, you're unable to set it to owned cards.
Partial word searches, for example searching [Charge] won't show cards with the word [Charges], an example is Winch.

5. Auto-Mill Delay?
I think this is being worked on, but sometimes it takes a couple re-openings of the deckbuilder to automill my cards.

Fix: Manual button to mill extra cards.

6. UI improvements/Bugs
Upcoming patches aren't in game, things like the MP update, the HC nerf and various hotfixes aren't shown on the left side splash on the main menu
Arena should be placed under Play, really I think that all the available areas (arena, journey, deck buildings, seasonal, ranked, training, etc) should be all on the same screen.
Hovering over the journey quest button (signposts) doesn't have rollover text like all the other icons do (quests, friends, leaderboards, reward book)
After buying kegs, a button to open goodies appears, clicking it doesn't go anywhere and you need to press back to open them (might just be a PC thing?)
The change cardback button doesn't show the current cardback, whereas all the other icons are representative of their current selections.
Be able to see current rank progress (stain glass) from the game select menu instead of having to go into your profile to see it. Instead of the strange shield.
Would be nice if faction icon's under the deck building faction filter were colour coded.
After you click change faction ability, it asks you to reselect your faction, but you're already locked into your original faction.
Unable to exit deckbuilding without saving a new deck. Sometimes I want to see if i can build a deck, if i need new cards or general deckplanning. Currently It forces me to save an empty deck.
Tint uncrafted cards Red instead of black and white. Some cards such as Naglfar are basically already black and white. A red background would also help the green crafting hammer banner stand out a bit more.
Clicking meteor powder takes you to the shop, whereas all the other currencies takes you to where you can spend them respectively.
Bit unclear on where/how to submit feedback, I eventually ended up just googling it and found this forum, would be nice if the cdprojectred forums were somewhere linked inside the game
---

Great suggestions.

The orders & charges icon is am important one, That symbol confused me when I started playing Gwent. I bet your suggested solution would would be relatively simple to implement.

Same goes for the un-doable action. Confusing for new players, yet could be probably fixed with a purely visual UI improvement.

The deck builder could really do with several improvements to help players (new and experienced) with managing cards and decks. I might start a thread with some of my ideas for that.

Top Bottom