Parking spots

+
This is a weird request but i would like to see some more parking spot while downtown. There feels to be a lack of them especially since there are so many vehicles just driving around downtown.

What do you guys think?

I'd also like to see them let you actually park rather than the stupid little rabbit jumps because it's trying to force you out of the vehicle when the front wheel hits the parking spot.

Phair

Forum regular
Not going to happen, the developers would have to completely change the entire city.
They don't park on the street because there's many parking garages.
I just pull up on the sidewalk, so that traffic can keep moving.

The pulling up on the sidwalk ruins the immersion for me because there should be some parking spots be that be more of the side parking that they have or (i hope) add some parking lots/garages

Not going to happen, the developers would have to completely change the entire city.
They don't park on the street because there's many parking garages.
I just pull up on the sidewalk, so that traffic can keep moving.
you mean those cars driving 2mph ?

The lack of parking leads me to jump the curb, which then leads to me lightly tapping a pedestrian, which then leads to someone calling the police, which of course leads to escalation and me having to open a can of 'whoop ass' on the po po.

This is a weird request but i would like to see some more parking spot while downtown. There feels to be a lack of them especially since there are so many vehicles just driving around downtown.

What do you guys think?
Thats not a problem, i just park on the sidewalk :D

There are the "notches" built into parts of major streets. Like any other city, the notches are a) far from where you want to be, and b) sometimes already occupied.

Night City council cancelled parking spots and permitted parking everywhere, so as far as game lore is concerned, leaving car in the middle of the road is the right thing to do, however immersion breaking that is for our 2020s mentality. I think it was either in one of the news or in some shard.

What do you guys think?
Parking is horrid in the game. I'll settle for decent AI that do not cause traffic jams because your vehicle is parked a centimeter into the road though.

I'd agree. Not once or twice did I want to stop next to a shop and park my vehicle the proper way, only to find an endless curb and/or bollards with no designated parking spots whatsoever. One could argue that this is normal for central parts of the city but then again there are not that many multistorey car parks either (found only two so far). So what gives? Where do all of those citizens park their vehicles?

Who wouldve thought that there are people who care about parking and not blocking the street.....................

I'd agree. Not once or twice did I want to stop next to a shop and park my vehicle the proper way, only to find an endless curb and/or bollards with no designated parking spots whatsoever. One could argue that this is normal for central parts of the city but then again there are not that many multistorey car parks either (found only two so far). So what gives? Where do all of those citizens park their vehicles?
I kind of roleplayed myself into thinking that vehicles would not actually park, but instead drive around the block until their owner would call it again.

In a certain gig, the mission design leaves no choice but to leave the car (a very expensive one) half in one of those parking notches outside the destination point. The mission marker literally stops the car. So far, the NPC car in the slot behind it has been present in every playthrough. As a result, bad traffic jam in a upscale part of town. Probably an oversight in design, but it accidentally parodies the worst in 1 percent behavior. Or calls for valet service at certain establishments. LOL.

I just pull up a curb. Once I saw a pedestrian literally throw herself at my car and dying like I ran her over when I hadn't even tapped her. Funny moment for me for sure.

Another use for parking lots is the opportunity to steal cars. Huge areas without any parking lots/parked cars. Especially welcome when you are without a ride after The Heist.

Driving a car is maddening anyway, just drive a motorbike and pulling up on the sidewalk seems natural. I wanted to love the cars in this game, but damn the traffic and AI make it annoying.

But hey, I guess going around by car gives you a free bonus 20hr to gameplay...

Top Bottom