Participating in The Game Development (Collaboration Platform)?

+
Participating in The Game Development (Collaboration Platform)?

There are many good ideas aleady on this forum so why CDPR would not use them?
It is 100% hypotetical question but nevertheless I would like to ask the forum members:
Would they be willing to work during their free time on the project on any remote collaboration platform if it exists?
For example to test game mechanics, write dialogue lines, design quests ect. I am just curious.

I play a 4x strategy game called Endless Space. It fucking rules if you like those styles of games (Civ 5, Heroes M&M). However one thing about the developers at Amplitude is something I've never seen anywhere else.

What they do is sort through the more realistic ideas and create a poll on them and they implement the winning poll options in the next patch (alongside their changes). I personally find this a more reasonable way to collaborate as a community because I am not the most efficient programmer :[ I would otherwise love to write dialogue or something for characters in this game, it sounds like it'd be fun and would take some weight off the dev's backs.

It's one of the main reasons I am here... well, from a writing standpoint... I can't program, and my art is kinda simple and crappy...

But as a writer, or advisor, I would be pretty darn helpful I think...

Sorry, usually I am pretty humble, but I am pretty sure I know Cyberpunk 2020, its setting, and its rules, better than anyone alive, including Mike Pondsmith, if I may be so bold. :D

There are many good ideas aleady on this forum so why CDPR would not use them?
It is 100% hypotetical question but nevertheless I would like to ask the forum members:
Would they be willing to work during their free time on the project on any remote collaboration platform if it exists?
For example to test game mechanics, write dialogue lines, design quests ect. I am just curious.

Only if they implement some kind of community feedback through voting, forms polls or whatever. Definitely not delegating tasks on random people. I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but the last thing we need are amateur programmers and writers adding their nerdiest fantasies to CD Projekt's game. It would be like reading an awkward inconsistent novel where each chapter was written by a different kid from an elementary school class.

Now I do not doubt there is great talent in this forum, excellent writers, programmers and Cyberpunk 2020 experts. But if CDPR needs/wants/accepts their help, they should have a way to test them before hand. And writing or designing anything for a game like this cannot be done in isolation, it would require total involvement with pretty much every other team.

If you all are patient enough, I am sure the Reds will release a Modkit and then you can program, write and design all you want :) Some of you may not know this, but for the Enhanced Edition of the first Witcher CD Projekt included (in their boxed release!) a CD with some of the most popular user-created adventures, made with the modkit. So yes, they support their community, but for now I am sure CDPR can handle this game by themselves :)

It's one of the main reasons I am here... well, from a writing standpoint... I can't program, and my art is kinda simple and crappy...

But as a writer, or advisor, I would be pretty darn helpful I think...

Sorry, usually I am pretty humble, but I am pretty sure I know Cyberpunk 2020, its setting, and its rules, better than anyone alive, including Mike Pondsmith, if I may be so bold. :D
Have you created any books? I'm not being sarcastic.

Only if they implement some kind of community feedback through voting, forms polls or whatever. Definitely not delegating tasks on random people. I don't want to sound like a douchebag, but the last thing we need are amateur programmers and writers adding their nerdiest fantasies to CD Projekt's game. It would be like reading an awkward inconsistent novel where each chapter was written by a different kid from an elementary school class.

Now I do not doubt there is great talent in this forum, excellent writers, programmers and Cyberpunk 2020 experts. But if CDPR needs/wants/accepts their help, they should have a way to test them before hand. And writing or designing anything for a game like this cannot be done in isolation, it would require total involvement with pretty much every other team.
[...]

Exactly this. Active, constructive discussion between the developement and customers is far more preferable that spamming the devs with volunteer applications by people whose talent may or may not be limited to bad, hackish fan fiction.

CDPR is hiring, and anybody who believes they have relevant experience, a desire to work on the game, and a willingness to relocate to Warsaw is certainly welcome to submit a resume.

This is a polite way to remind overenthusiastic fans that CDPR has an established process for developing software and would neither welcome nor be able to use amateur contributions to work that they have sole responsibility for and sole control over. Nor would any other professional software development company do anything of the kind.

To all the talented people on this forum who would like to contribute to the Cyberpunk 2077 game - I have some good news! There's already such a collaboration platform in place and it is called CD Projekt RED. The easiest way to work on the game is to get hired by them!

Here is their official blog, with job listing on the right: http://cdpred.com/

There are 31 positions open, including art/code/design and business positions. CDPR helps foreigners with the process of relocating to Warsaw.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Have you created any books? I'm not being sarcastic.

Official or published books... no

However I have written many many sourcebooks for my website, the largest Cyberpunk 2020 site in the world. Some are small, others are around 100-200 pages, some even topping 200. My latest Sourcebook for instance, the Guide To The Combat Zone, is 176 pages long, and is just the first in what will be a series detailing the 108 districts of my Night City Amalgamated map.

I have also written scads of gear books for equipment, weapons, vehicles, and Cyber.

In addition, I have re-written the core rules of Cyberpunk 2020 with a system called Interlock Unlimited, which serves to replace or repair rules that didn't quite work, streamlined or expanded the ones that did, and added new ones. It also makes the system universal, and usable in any genre. To add to this I have written several rules add-ons for it, covering Martial Arts, Expanded Vehicle rules, Magic, Psionics, and Super powers. Interlock Unlimited operates with the blessing of the Cyberpunk 2020 creator Mike Pondsmith.

And that's not even counting the character sheets, reference guides, compilations, 100's of character portraits, or the ridiculously huge Night City Amalgamated map I created.

Let me just put it this way. When the video game was first announced, my site bandwidth spiked so ridiculously that it shut my site down for a month. When I posted on the sites blog about it, at first thinking it to be a weird fluke, Mike posted on my blog to say this:

Mike Pondsmith said:
Um. My bad. I referenced Datafortress to the CD Projekt Red Crew as one of the top places they should be checking out for our work on the new Cyberpunk video game. Looks like they took me seriously!

Later that day, he also had this to say:

Mike Pondsmith said:
As I mentioned on your site, DF2020 is MY goto place to send people who need to know about Cyberpunk.

If you all are patient enough, I am sure the Reds will release a Modkit and then you can program, write and design all you want :) Some of you may not know this, but for the Enhanced Edition of the first Witcher CD Projekt included (in their boxed release!) a CD with some of the most popular user-created adventures, made with the modkit. So yes, they support their community, but for now I am sure CDPR can handle this game by themselves :)

Agreed otherwise, but I wouldn't even give the polls to the community. This isn't a Kickstarter project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The absolute worst thing they could do is to make us, or some of us, decide what goes and doesn't go in the game. They should make the game they envision, and yes listen to the feedback, but only when it's something that fits their vision and goals (which, I'm sure, is exactly what they're doing). Fan feedback is always colored with bias, and as such should never be taken to the letter.

Aver

Forum veteran
The absolute worst thing they could do is to make us, or some of us, decide what goes and doesn't go in the game. They should make the game they envision, and yes listen to the feedback, but only when it's something that fits their vision and goals (which, I'm sure, is exactly what they're doing). Fan feedback is always colored with bias, and as such should never be taken to the letter.

Don't worry about that. They are professionals.

We already are. That's part of what forums are for. See those RED names? They are SPIES. And soon, your family will no longer know your name.

I agree with you 100%. Right now, using the forums we have the best chance to be contribute our voice to the game as the development cycle is early unless the development team has been running dark for years. If the forums lead to ideas that change elements of envisioned gameplay then we have done our job more or less, however, I am against the devs trying to shoehorn elements just to win over population X, Y, Z.

@ Wisdom000

I see. I initially asked so I may read some of your works, but it would seem your signature held the link I've been looking for. Interesting website I might add, I'll start my journey into the cyberpunk world there. Thanks for your time.

CDPR is well known among the Witcher fans for their ability to listen and filter the feedback.

I remember on the Witcher forums, before TW2 Enhanced Edition came out, there was this constant chant "We want horses in the game, give Geralt his horse!", seriously, horse requests were all over the place. But CDPR said during one of their conferences that "sorry, putting horses in the game is too expensive, so there will be no horses".

On the other hand, one of the first ideas that came up for the game was adding the Arena mode, where you fight waves of opponents. And after a few months - booom! there we go, an update with Arena mode included.

So I'm sure that the ideas on this forum are listened to and filtered. Just don't expect any direct polls or communications on the matters we discuss here from the REDs. Even if they take those ideas in, they don't want to spoil anyone's fun with the game ;)

@ Wisdom000

I see. I initially asked so I may read some of your works, but it would seem your signature held the link I've been looking for. Interesting website I might add, I'll start my journey into the cyberpunk world there. Thanks for your time.

Heh, I guess I could have just said look down... but its hard to get the scale just form going to the site.

It's probably worth applying, even if you don't think you have a great shot. It's pretty early on and it's hard to predict what CDPR is looking for. A "no, thanks" leaves you exactly no worse off.

No, I haven't followed my own advice, yet. Be an interesting conversation with my beloved, though. "Honey, tell me...have you ever thought much about..Poland?"

Oh, the bruising.

Top Bottom