Patch 0.8.16 Changelog

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED
Patch 0.8.16 Changelog

The first patch for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is coming soon to PC and XBOX ONE!

Major Fixes Include:

- Changed the rarity of Legendary leaders to Epic. Players receive 600 scraps for any non-starter Leader in their collection (to make up the difference in crafting price).
- Monster faction ability no longer keeps Gold units on the battlefield.
- Unit version of Eredin now Silver and immune to Frost.
- When Weather is removed at the end of a round, only red strength values are reset.

You can check out the full list of changes here.

Just finished reading through all the changes, IMO overall the changes are VERY GOOD. A lot of stuff that was simply most optimal got nerfed and rightfully so. Shieldsmiths were very powerful especially when you played cards like Olgeird/Morkvarg/Roach. Field medic change is also very good, lessens the RNG element of the said card. I could go on.

Then again, there are some changes I am not too fond of. First of all, if Dimeritium bomb affects both normal and gold units then it is completely broken. Even now it is almost a must have card. I assume it will only affect gold cards now, correct? If so, then I suppose it is a decent change. Need clarification here.

Also, the Philippa change - Eh, I agree that she was a very strong card and needed a nerf but making her a 12 strength disloyal that affects only non-golds will make her too weak. I think Philippa should have been nerfed to 6 strength silver disloyal and if she gets removed she no longer applies her debuff.

Will we get full scraps for nerfed cards? Since you guys pretty much deleted phillipa from the game, we could at least get a full 800 scraps for milling her.

Devizz;n6973940 said:
First of all, if Dimeritium bomb affects both normal and gold units then it is completely broken.

Not really. It will only affect some cards like madman lugos and get rid of the +2 NR ability. You cant buff golds anyway, and with phillipa nerf its almost the same as it was before.

Last edited:
Reschains - nerfed, Philippa is now a golden weather card that affects a single row and gives your opponent free 12 gold.
And absolutely
n o t h i n g
adresses meme-weatherspam.
ez game ez life for monsterdecks continues.

Last edited:
yenni;n6974590 said:
Reschains - nerfed, Philippa is now a golden weather card that affects a single row and gives your opponent free 12 gold.
And absolutely
n o t h i n g

And the buff -> adrenaline -> promote that people complain a lot about it is still there. Arguably stronger now, since it gets one less counter (phillipa).

Now everyone has to learn an entirely new game. I'll bet there will be LOTS of rookie mistakes made with experienced decks for the next little while...lol

i was looking forward seeing these changes. good job guys, keep up the good work
however i don't see any changes regrading windowed mode or any notification regarding the start of your turn when in windowed mode

Last edited:
Laveley;n6974010 said:
Will we get full scraps for nerfed cards? Since you guys pretty much deleted phillipa from the game, we could at least get a full 800 scraps for milling her.

IMO she is in line with most other gold cards in the game at this point. She can still wipe out a strong row. She is situational a lot like scorch, instead of a win button.

yenni;n6974590 said:
Reschains - nerfed, Philippa is now a golden weather card that affects a single row and gives your opponent free 12 gold.'

Philippa isn't exactly a weather card as it would not be affected by clear weather. But I get your comparison.

yenni;n6974590 said:
And absolutely
n o t h i n g

Not true. Clear weather was pretty heavily buffed. They will help with weather more in the future but this is a step in the right direction.

StrykerxS77x
it is true. clear skies is a deadweight in any other matchup, so adjusting it doesn't matter much. don't forget about the ratio between weather-bringing and weather-removing cards.

yenni;n6976580 said:
StrykerxS77x
it is true. clear skies is a deadweight in any other matchup, so adjusting it doesn't matter much. don't forget about the ratio between weather-bringing and weather-removing cards.

That's why I said that I think they will be making more adjustments with this issue in the future.

People who hate weather really need to carry at least one clear skies. If you get it in your hand in the beginning and you don't want it then you can switch it out. It's worth the risk IMO.

yenni;n6976510 said:
StrykerxS77x
She
is
now
aeromancy
that
gives
opponent
golden
strength

How is that viable?

Again she isn't aeromancy either because she isn't affected by clear skies.

I would have been happy if they just made the gold card change and not increased the str of the card.

StrykerxS77x
Phil's ability to affect gold was a hardcounter for cheap buff-promote trick. The only thing off about Phil' was her faction. This kind of tool has to be neutral.

And the fact that yet another debuff is not countered by clearskies makes it an even worse candidate for a vacant slot in your deck.

Last edited:
yenni;n6976710 said:
StrykerxS77x
Phil's ability to affect gold was a hardcounter for cheap buff-promote trick. The only thing off about Phil' was her faction. This kind of tool has to be neutral.

And the fact that yet another debuff is not countered by clearskies makes it an even worse candidate for a vacant slot in your deck.

I forgot to mention that aeromancy also affects both sides so that is another big difference between the two.

I am confused are you criticising clear skies for not affect Phil but also calling Phil useless?

Laveley;n6974720 said:
And the buff -> adrenaline -> promote that people complain a lot about it is still there. Arguably stronger now, since it gets one less counter (phillipa).
Dimeritium Bomb is a hard counter to this strategy now, though. You can let an NR player lay out all their cards in this way and then play DB and vaporize multiple rounds of effort.

yenni;n6976990 said:
StrykerxS77x
I am calling clear skies useless.
About aeromancy analogy - that is exactly why I called Phil "golden single-row weathercard" previously.

After the change it is far from useless. But I don't get calling Phil useless and then using it as an example that clear skies is useless. If Phil is useless then it has no effect on the usefulness of clear skies.

So Phil is not Aeromancy as it has strengths that Aeromancy does not have. Albeit also a weakness Aeromancy doesn't have.

Wyborn;n6977190 said:
Dimeritium Bomb is a hard counter to this strategy now, though. You can let an NR player lay out all their cards in this way and then play DB and vaporize multiple rounds of effort.

no it is not. because with current mechanics any buffed unit gets his base strength set to current at the moment of promotion.

Top Bottom