Patch 0.8.16 Changelog

+
Eirichur
I've encountered them, but yeah, they are a joke.

By the way, what if Clear Skies becomes a silver card and has different mechanics. Like, it's a persistent anti-weather spell that is cast on a single loyal\disloyal row of your choosing. It prevents any further weather casts from affecting that row and this protection dissipates at the start of next round.

Last edited:
yenni;n6979030 said:
StrykerxS77x
Most of other cards have multiple uses and do not become a deadweight in a wrong matchup.
Now to multiple weathers. There is Dagon leader ability to recast any effect you need. There are lots of weather cards in the game. The ones that cast weather on multiple rows simultaniously, even.

Phil' is actually most powerful against NR atm. Promotion backfires and destroys your chances to recover.

Drawing other special cards can result in the exact same thing as clear skies which is that the card is not helpful at all. It can happen with scorch, d-bomb, thunder, AR etc etc. There are a lot of weathers and I think more counters are coming, but clear skies is still a counter.

StrykerxS77x
other special effects are helpful most of the time. clear skies does not address anything besides weather. and does it poorly (is easily overwhelmed by weatherspam).
I've added a suggestion to my previous post about re-designing clear skies.

Really like most of the changes the only problem i have with it is that Madman Lugos and Djikstra (both cards that are rare to see atm) get pretty useless, maybe give them base strength instead of buffing them for their ability. They need both huge setup and can be destroyd by 1 Dbomb now, that doesn't seem right to me.

Dimeritium bomb affects gold cards now....please no.

However, making it a gold special card would make it balanced, as people will then have to sacrifice a gold unit.

BloodyGustav;n6980290 said:
Really like most of the changes the only problem i have with it is that Madman Lugos and Djikstra (both cards that are rare to see atm) get pretty useless, maybe give them base strength instead of buffing them for their ability. They need both huge setup and can be destroyd by 1 Dbomb now, that doesn't seem right to me.

Yeah I use Djikstra now and he's gonna be useless now with the Dimeritium buff.

So I guess the opening a keg and choosing a card issue with how many of each card you already have wasn't fixed in this patch?

SaltyBear;n6980630 said:
So I guess the opening a keg and choosing a card issue with how many of each card you already have wasn't fixed in this patch?

I doubt that would be considered a true issue. It's more of an inconvenience, so it's probably pretty low on their priority list.

Eirichur;n6979290 said:
Perhaps the Crones should start of different rows (which makes sense due to their distinct fighting styles in TW3), and have different Strength. Instead of 7-7-7, perhaps 8-7-6 (Whispess is oldest/strongest, Weavess youngest/weakest). Or perhaps they might summon a Fiend as well, like in TW3. Even more fittingly, one of the Crones might return in the next round (reference to the Weavess evading death in TW3).
I like this idea :cheers:

i'm trying to understand why the "Dimeritium Bomb now resets Gold unit strength" was needed , to counter what ?

ThePrody;n6982240 said:
i'm trying to understand why the "Dimeritium Bomb now resets Gold unit strength" was needed , to counter what ?

It is now a direct counter to Buff - Promote which is a deck style which has plagued the game recently

How is now different from before ? You could Dim Bomb in the past also when you felt the promotion is about to happen . I think promotion seals their STR as original STR , you will only reduce that green +2 from the NR faction ability .

Last edited:
Peetz;n6974750 said:
Now everyone has to learn an entirely new game. I'll bet there will be LOTS of rookie mistakes made with experienced decks for the next little while...lol

Not.. really..

Not really of fan of the Monster faction ability nerf.

I mean it was already very random and most of the time you ended up with a foglet instead of a gold unit.

Now it just mean that the chance of getting a useless unit is way higher than before, it's now pretty weak when compared to the +2 gold boost of NR or the 1+ every round, etc... other faction powers.

If really they wanted to nerf I would have preferred something like "once per match chose a non-gold unit to keep for next round"

"Once per match you may choose a unit with STR 12 or less to keep for the next round " , that will be a decent ability

Top Bottom