Patch 1.03 for PC now available!

+
@Dragonbird - sorry I thought this is joint forum and some moderators are Polish here and devs look up those threads as well. I really don't mind either so I've edited post and added English translation. Thanks.

They read both halves, but this is the English-language side, so most others couldn't read it :(

Correct me if I'm wrong but new patches have to go through Sony's approval so it takes longer to get there. Playing it on my PS4 as well so be patient, my friend.

Damn, okay. Thanks for the info. My impatience is only because I really LOVE this game and want to have the best experience, so it's coming from a place of love. :p

Why is game running 20-30 fps lower now with same graphic settings? :( I have gtx980 and core i7 5820k so it should run fine ^^

Why is game running 20-30 fps lower now with same graphic settings? :( I have gtx980 and core i7 5820k so it should run fine ^^

Cause they have added several improved graphic things, so it actually needs more power to run the same settings. That will lead to Ultra will be better than before.
20-30 fps is a bit much though. Wich resolution are you playing on?

Anybody else tweaking still having grass pop in issues when setting GrassDensity= above the standard 2400 Ultra? Prior to this I had it at 3600 which was a nice balance of performance/visual increase, but then I noticed quite a bit of foliage pop-in/flicker in White Orchard, some of the swamps, and frequently now having arrived in Skellige.

So yeah, this line;
Fixes grass and foliage popping that could occur after density parameters were changed
Isn't entirely accurate for me. I wonder why? I

This patch is completely ruining my game experience , almost 20fps drops in the same setting , and .ini file no longer working for me , hairAAlevel seems restore 8X once i switch back from inventory or menu , just hope i can find a way to remove this patch ,
2880x1620 all ultra with hairwork on
i7 4770k
980SLI
8G RAM

This patch is completely ruining my game experience , almost 20fps drops in the same setting , and .ini file no longer working for me , hairAAlevel seems restore 8X once i switch back from inventory or menu , just hope i can find a way to remove this patch ,
2880x1620 all ultra with hairwork on
i7 4770k
980SLI
8G RAM
I will assume you have already tried this but just in case - Did you make sure to right-click, properties and then set it to 'read-only' this will allow any changes you have made from rolling back to their default settings etc.

I have had no issues other than what I believe may have been an unstable OC and display driver errors. If you have already done as I said above than disregard and good luck to finding a fix soon! I have only had a few freezes and CTD's but other than that it's been running well for me.

My rig for reference - i5-4670k @ 4.4ghz, EVGA 980 SC, 8gb ram.

ETA: Hairworks off, everything maxed minus shadows on high my FPS ranges around 54-60. Hair works on I get between 46-48 to low 50's, of course this depends on the area/scene. Hair-works looks good but for me personally ATM it's not worth the fps hit. The default hair that CDPR created is actually very good imo, so no problem using it for me.

Update: With the latest patch 1.04, I'm almost positive they lowered max particle amount, I would of sworn it was 3000, now it's 1000. Igni casts a bit faster and without the stutter that I experienced from time to time a few days back..

Last edited:
thx for the advice , i reinstalled the game and latest driver ,fortunately, .ini file is finally working again. i don't know why but it seems reinstall the whole game is the universal way to get rid of all the problems , the performance still get a huge hit after the patch , though.

the performance still get a huge hit after the patch , though.

That's as I said above, the thing you get when effects and graphics are increased with a patch.
So yeah, when Ultra gets a bit more beautiful, it will cost you a bit more fps/performance.

Cause they have added several improved graphic things, so it actually needs more power to run the same settings. That will lead to Ultra will be better than before.
20-30 fps is a bit much though. Wich resolution are you playing on?

I'm playing on 2560x1440

Top Bottom