Patch 1.03 is now LIVE in EU & select countries (coming everywhere soon)

+
Stuttering happens ALL the time. Try paning the camera slowly. It stutters all time, in all places irregardless of what there is on screen. Certain situations make the stutter worse. But it is everywhere.

Maybe you dont notice it, but that doesnt mean its not there...

It only happens when you move softly the right stick, Valkyre4. If you move it a bit more, it won't happen.

I figured out uncomfortable fps behaviors like when happens walking slowly on "Roach". So, of course I'm conscious about the panning camera "stuttering". But... it's not a performance issue, it's other kind of weird thing or a bug. It's what I'm talking about while other people (respectable opinions of course) want to lower the actual 1080p screen res to 900p.

It only happens when you move softly the right stick, Valkyre4. If you move it a bit more, it won't happen.

I figured out uncomfortable fps behaviors like when happens walking slowly on "Roach". So, of course I'm conscious about the panning camera "stuttering". But... it's not a performance issue, it's other kind of weird thing or a bug. It's what I'm talking about while other people (respectable opinions of course) want to lower the actual 1080p screen res to 900p.

Agreed that stutter could be cause/fixed because of a bug or something. My point is that the game stutters and this affects its performance during gameplay. Add to that the framerate and really the experience is taking a huge toll to me and many others.

Droping the resolution is not an option. First of all it doesnt guarantee that the issue with low fps is 1080p. The game is poorly optimized for ps4. That is all. It doesnt drop 1-2 frames it drops half the framerate in quite a few instances. This isnt just a matter of drop the resolution and we are a-ok.

Last edited:
I think you are being unfair, RexNebular.

Stuttering only happens when torches, rain or other almost random situations happens. But most of the time this game runs perfect.

I haven't noticed any dramatic framerate drops because I quit playing after three hours, before leaving White Orchard.
I'm talking about this kind of stutter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sGJLWO57Gc

It's there all the time. There's also something wrong with FoV. Anyway, after three hours of playing I felt like after three hours of riding a rollercoaster. The game is unplayable as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:
Agreed that stutter could be cause/fixed because of a bug or something. My point is that the game stutters and this affects its performance during gameplay. Add to that the framerate and really the experience is taking a huge toll to me and many others.

Droping the resolution is not an option. First of all it doesnt guarantee that the issue with low fps is 1080p. The game is poorly optimized for ps4. That is all. It doesnt drop 1-2 frames it drops half the framerate in quite a few instances. This isnt just a matter of drop the resolution and we are a-ok.

I agree with all you've said, it happens. But as for me, talking about the panning camera stuttering, it don't bothers me so much and isn't happening as much as from 1.01v.

I haven't noticed any dramatic framerate drops because I quit playing after three hours, before leaving White Orchard.
I'm talking about this kind of stutter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sGJLWO57Gc

It's there all the time. There's also something wrong with FoV. Anyway, after three hours of playing I felt like after three hours of riding a rollercoaster. The game is unplayable as far as I'm concerned.

I want this to be fixed too. But moving a bit more the right stick, it happens less (the only thing we can do while CDprojekt is working on it)

By the other hand, the thing is really killing my gaming experience is the horse walking stutter, and the rain plus torches that involve stutter in Novigrad. It's what really bothers me a lot :- since I can sometimes avoid the panning camera stuttering.

Last edited:
The slow panning camera stutter isn't that big of a problem for me.
But the FPS drop from particles of rain/fog/smoke/fire makes the game really hard to enjoy (and I love this game).
And patch 1.03 was a step back imo, the increase in stable FPS is almost not noticeable, but the drawbacks from reducing the draw distance on some things creates a lot of nasty pop-ins. In some cases you just see a shittier texture for a brick wall, but other cases I've seen a stone wall and arch just appear 2m in front of me. This things did not happen in 1.01.
CDPR is probably my favorite developer, but the way they are going about fixing this performance issues (cut here, cut a bit from here, how much? until it works ok) is not the way to go. Like many have said before me, it's a problem with those particles that kills the FPS. That has to be fixed somehow.
I don't understand how Xbox with less roach power then the PS4 can maintain a more stable FPS, it's not just because of the 900p.
Sorry about the rant, but I love this game some much, but I just can't enjoy it when the FPS is in the lower 20's.

And patch 1.03 was a step back imo, the increase in stable FPS is almost not noticeable, but the drawbacks from reducing the draw distance on some things creates a lot of nasty pop-ins. In some cases you just see a shittier texture for a brick wall, but other cases I've seen a stone wall and arch just appear 2m in front of me.
CDPR is probably my favorite developer, but the way they are going about fixing this performance issues (cut here, cut a bit from here, how much? until it works ok) is not the way to go.
Agreed.
CDPR, please, bring back all 1.02 graphics (shadows in cut-scene, god rays, normal draw distance, etc).

Last edited:
Why do you think that lowering screen res to 900p it will improves performance?

80% of the game runs PERFECT, but the problem happens when rain plus torches are involved on screen most of the time. I can fight against a lot of enemies inside Novigrad, where a lot of people are walking around and a lot of polygons and effects are shown with no stuttering by daytime.

By the other hand, you can realize there are stuttering at almost random situations with apparently not much polygon and effects involved. So the problem isn't related to general performace, and lowering screen res to 900p won't help at all, I think.

I purchased the PS4 version because of native 1080p res of my TV. It looks really great, very sharped. Please don't say "lower to 900p" guys. CDprojekt finally succeeded 1080p and it's nice.

I respect what you said but how will they fix this issue ?
And stuttering not random it's everywhere
stand still rotate the camera and see yourself

if not by lowering resolution then how ?
Inlight me please

Thanks

I respect what you said but how will they fix this issue ?
And stuttering not random it's everywhere
stand still rotate the camera and see yourself

if not by lowering resolution then how ?
Inlight me please

Thanks

it's not happening always. Let me explain...

By one side we have stuttering while panning camera is involved or you're mounting on "Roach" at walking speed. By the other side, we have stuttering while rain plus torches/ fire/ smoke are involved. By the rest of the time you can play nicely.

It will be fixed with no need of lowering screen resolution. These issues are bugs, not general performance issues. You can see by yourself, getting at Novigrand in daytime (no torches, no rain). A lot of polygons, shadows, NPCs walking around... a beautiful landscape plenty of nice details running well.

it's not happening always. Let me explain...

By one side we have stuttering while panning camera is involved or you're mounting on "Roach" at walking speed. By the other side, we have stuttering while rain plus torches/ fire/ smoke are involved. By the rest of the time you can play nicely.

It will be fixed with no need of lowering screen resolution. These issues are bugs, not general performance issues. You can see by yourself, getting at Novigrand in daytime (no torches, no rain). A lot of polygons, shadows, NPCs walking around... a beautiful landscape plenty of nice details running well.

You're mixing between stutter and frame rates drop

So.. A patch sooner or later can fix stutter and frame rates issue ?

I want to build a hope I want to play this game in smooth way

I hope they fix it.

---------- Updated at 11:21 AM ----------

CD Projekt I know you are working hard and I thank you for that
We will wait for your fix just bring us the game we waited and wanted for more than 2 years.

THANKS

Quite a huge downgrade after the patch. Shadows in cutscenes took a hit, pop in in general is way worse now. Ground textures in certain parts of cutscenes are waaaay worse. It sticks out so bad at certain times.The depth of field in cutscenes took quite a hit as well. Its more pixelated now, you can really notice it on the armor/clothes.

With all that considered the framerate hasn't improved nearly enough for such a massive hit. I didn't have a huge problem with it before tbh. Its only bits of fog and rain that killed the framerate for me. Speaking of that the rain effects look worse now too.

I love the devs but this is not how i pictured these fixes to go. If i would have known the patch would do this i would have turned off updates. Really sad about this.

Would anyone care enough to provide some factual evidence of this downgrade they speak of? I mean proper comparison between 1.02 and 1.03

Guest 3349340

Still seeing a lot of framerate issues after 1.03 patch for ps4. Any news on this would be appreciated.

---------- Updated at 11:49 AM ----------

Indeed! Please downgrade the graphics :) Personally I can live with it not being as beautiful as it would be on a PC, as long as the gameplay, fps and world mechanics work.

---------- Updated at 11:52 AM ----------

Indeed! Please downgrade the graphics :) Personally I can live with it not being as beautiful as it would be on a PC, as long as the gameplay, fps and world mechanics work.

LOL. Trying to reply on a other post - does not seem to work :)

I don't see any kind of downgrade at all. At least I don't figure out...

Me too I havent noticed downgrade in gfx, but some people do and I was wondering if we could have some proper factual evidence instead of just impressions which could very well be some form of placebo at work.

Framerate is where the real problem is.

Is it possible to reverse the game in version 1.01???
Since the patch for version 1.03, i can't gain xp anymore wwit the story missions..

Me too I havent noticed downgrade in gfx, but some people do and I was wondering if we could have some proper factual evidence instead of just impressions which could very well be some form of placebo at work.

Framerate is where the real problem is.

The only 'downgrade' I've noticed for definite is the lack of NPC's, especially in the larger cities. Someone has posted a picture in this thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...vigrad-after-1-03-patch?p=1711508#post1711508

Top Bottom