Patch 1.03 is now LIVE in EU & select countries (coming everywhere soon)

+
Now the most important problem of this game is frame rate. [/QUOTE]
Hell no, the most important problem is bugged quests, you could do nothing against them, framerate can be tolerated.

But why u said nothing about frame rate? Will u fix it or we should wait for about two or three patches to fix this problem? Now the most important problem of this game is frame rate. Sometimes it's impossible to play. Patch 1.03 didn't bring us anything, only lower draw distance and lower textures that take a lot of time to be loaded. Of course u can say that u work on this problem, but the real deal is that patches don't bring us anything but more bugs and lags. Please respond on my question. Thank u in advance
you're right we hope that the next patch comes out soon because in some places the game becomes unbearable .. with many enemies and effects you can not make anything with the shots .. the 1.03 patch has actually exacerbated it all if I could I would go back to the previous already done ..

Text Font still too small in Inventory screen. Camera stutters when panning slowly (all the time). Was hoping patch 1.03 would fix these issues, but alas it did not. Personally, haven't noticed any improvements at all from patch 1.03 :( Love the game as a whole though! It is just these little annoyances that take away from the experience/immersion. Thanks CDPR for a wonderful game and all your hard work!

I had to make an account just to complain about the huge graphics downgrade due to this patch on PS4. Can we please get a graphics slider for the people complaining about FPS slips: low, medium, and high perhaps? I do not want to lose the amazing graphics this had pre-patch. The rain looks horrible, lighting is horrible, grass is drawing way too close when traversing the maps, noticeable pixelation on the edges of characters, and the list goes on...

I want to revert back to the previous patch but it is impossible... I'm very disappointed with this "update". I regret not buying the PC version. I just wanted to relax on the couch when I played and the comparison between PS4 and PC was't large enough for me to warrant buying the PC version to sit at my desk and play on a smaller screen.

TLDR; the graphics quality took a huge hit and I'm not OK with that for a couple FPS.

While the team is working on more changes
Marcin, please give us some comments about graphic's downgrade in this (1.03) patch. The game looks really worse now. Is it bugs? Will CDPR fix it in the next patch?
Everything was great on 1.02 version.

Last edited:
I had to make an account just to complain about the huge graphics downgrade due to this patch on PS4. Can we please get a graphics slider for the people complaining about FPS slips: low, medium, and high perhaps? I do not want to lose the amazing graphics this had pre-patch. The rain looks horrible, lighting is horrible, grass is drawing way too close when traversing the maps, noticeable pixelation on the edges of characters, and the list goes on...

I want to revert back to the previous patch but it is impossible... I'm very disappointed with this "update". I regret not buying the PC version. I just wanted to relax on the couch when I played and the comparison between PS4 and PC was't large enough for me to warrant buying the PC version to sit at my desk and play on a smaller screen.

TLDR; the graphics quality took a huge hit and I'm not OK with that for a couple FPS.

Marcin, please give us some comments about graphic's downgrade in this (1.03) patch. The game looks really worse now. Is it bugs? Will CDPR fix it in the next patch?

It's not a bug already on the patch notes they said they reduced things

Now the most important problem of this game is frame rate.
Hell no, the most important problem is bugged quests, you could do nothing against them, framerate can be tolerated.[/QUOTE]

That's true, they need to focus in the major issues and crashing bugs, and then frame rate.... and way later the text issue , i can read everything.

They can't fix the framerate. They are going to downgrade the game more. This game is optimized for DirectX, no PS4 API. I hope that PS4 owners will punish them is their next game for console don´t buying more games from them.

It´s the second shitty port I buy from them (Witcher 2 for Mac it´s the first). No more.

Last edited:
They can't fix the framerate. They are going to downgrade the game more. This game is optimized for DirectX, no PS4 API. I hope that PS4 owners will punish them is their next game for console don´t buying more games from them.

It´s the second shitty port I buy from them (Witcher 2 for Mac it´s the first). No more.

Check White Orchad performance at 1.00v and then compare to 1.01v. Why CDprojekt can't do the same with the rest of the game areas? Why so pessimist?

Some guys here aren't making constructive complains, they're just spreading sh*t.

Last edited:
you're right we hope that the next patch comes out soon because in some places the game becomes unbearable .. with many enemies and effects you can not make anything with the shots .. the 1.03 patch has actually exacerbated it all if I could I would go back to the previous already done ..

Now you are killing all hope left for me ..
This can't be true :'(

---------- Updated at 08:36 AM ----------

Check White Orchad performance at 1.00v and then compare to 1.01v. Why CDprojekt can't do the same with the rest of the game areas? Why so pessimist?

Some guys here aren't making constructive complains, they're just spreading sh*t.

What was he talking about ?
What is directX ?

White Orchad at 1.00 were never so bad like Velen and Novigrad. They have lowered graphics in 1.03 already, because they don´t know get this improving framerate. I´m sure this game would run worse on PS4 with the same graphics configuration than XBONE port.

White Orchad at 1.00 were never so bad like Velen and Novigrad. They have lowered graphics in 1.03 already, because they don´t know get this improving framerate. I´m sure this game would run worse on PS4 with the same graphics configuration than XBONE port.

Velen 1.03v runs exactly the same like White Orchad at 1.00v.

Why so pessimist? Just wait for a few days and patches will come. If it won't be fixed then I'll complain, but for now I rely on CDprojekt.

Yesterday, because of this thread I decided to check my game and see if there are any visual downgrades between 1.02 and 1.03.

I used a ton of pictures I had from 1.02 and decided to visit the same places at the same time and try and get the same weather/lighting effects to make a proper comparison.

I did all that and checked shadows, checked AF, draw distance that have been reported here.

And I found ZERO difference at all. The shadows are the same the LOD of both shadows and objects is the same, the AF is exactly as it was and the draw distance is just how it was.

Then I went to Novigrad to check if it was deserted. And it was anything but deserted. I stayed in Novigrad for 2 full game days advancing time to check if NPCs disappear under certain conditions and they didnt...

By this post I am not saying that people are lying and that their Novigrads are not deserted, but I am certain now that they experience some short of bug or glitch or something. Novigrad was full of life for me, NPCs were everywhere.

As to the visual downgrades, I dont know if we have here also another case of glitches, but my game looks exactly the same it did before 1.03 patch. I checked various locations and the results were always the same. Perhaps this is a strong case of placebo if this isnt also another glitch, i cant think of anything else really. Perhaps 1.03 patch effed up the gfx quality for some, or maybe the lighting conditions that varry so much (and can sometimes can make the game to look washed out) can mislead people.

My game is not visually downgraded at all. Its just the framerate that still sucks

My only issues so far are the weird blood, that Doesn't appear on dismemberments (Unless it's a cinematic execution), Seriosly, there is no blood unless it's a cinematic, idfk why, still in the blood, Humans blood Splatters don't show up on the ground, I think this is easy to fix, since monsters's splatters works nice, And Geralt's Body doesn't get dirty by enemie's blood, Like i've saw in some Xbox one gameplays, pretty weird too, but I think it's the same with ground splatter.
I've notice the camera stutter too, It's kinda boring, but not horrible. I haven't seen many FPS problem, I rebuild my database normally once in a week, so I think it helps a lot, sad to know I have to clean my PS4 to run games in the very beggining of the Generation, Really bad consoles out there...
Still, I've played +- 2 hours of the game, so I definitely haven't done anything, that's why I probably haven't found a lot of glitches and bugs, game looks fantastic, but it will be sitting ducks here until it's definitely fixed.
CD PR is competent, I'm sure it will not take that long.

---------- Updated at 11:12 AM ----------

I haven't played the new patch since I saw the things I reported weren't fixed yet, but if the game was Downgraded "Again", wow, That would be horrible and awful.

Top Bottom