Patch 1.04 for PC out now!

+
How can the same patch give so much different results? I noticed the quality improved a LOT after 1.4, grass in White Orchad got much better for example, and further distance view everywhere at not much frames cost....
This result applied for all players. This is a result of only one little change: mipmap bias changed from 0 to -0.4 (on high) and to -1.0 (on ultra). Textures didn't changed.

But there is one exception. Overrides in the Nvidia drivers settings. "Allow/disallow negative mipmap bias". If someone disallowed it globally then he don't see any changes in texturing.

I read through this thread and I'm amazed by the amount of issues this new patch causes, so I will skip this one.
i must count myself lucky then , i only had 1 bugged quest that i managed to fix myself , everything else is fine and dandy

I'm sorry, but i have a HUGE problem with this patch 1.04.
Once installed and game launched when starts the cinematic intro TW3 CRASHES,
oh well, not a problem: skip the intro.
Oh god! The game CRASH when i load a savegame.
Oh man! When i reach to load a savegame the game have a RANDOM CRASH also when Geralt move on the screen (run, horse or boat is a same situation).

my specs:
I7 4790k 4.00 Ghz
GeForce Nvidia 980 Gtx
16 GB RAM
Win 7 (64.bit) service pack 1
Nvidia driver 353.06

tw3 specs:

ULTRA SETTINGS (but i have also changed the preset in low detail to determine where is the problem.....with no results)

I "think" is not my fault......please fix and help me.
i'm sorry for my bad english, Good work and good luck.

I tested it today, and while the game somewhat looks better, for whatever reason it makes it stutter a lot more (I lost fps with very little gain). I also came across a few funny bugs like dead bandits standing idly in the camp where I killed them after I reload a save file. So I decided to reinstall the game with 1.03. With it and the nVidia game-ready optimization I get a solid 60 fps with a mix of high-ultra settings, ultra postprocessing and hairworks off and I don't experience any prominent bugs. I had a few crashes but that's about it. I'm waiting for 1.05.

Xbox1, anyone know if the next patch 1.04 is coming, plus will it fix my problem. .? I can't see any footprint or herbs, cos the witcher senses doesn't work. .

Xbox1, anyone know if the next patch 1.04 is coming, plus will it fix my problem. .? I can't see any footprint or herbs, cos the witcher senses doesn't work. .

Dont know if this is a bug. Maybe you should try another controller, some actions need 100% sensitivity and sometimes controllers get dirty and stuff and then some buttons dont have a 100% sensitivity. Had some problems with this in other games...

Damn, people! Learn using fricking Spoiler tags!!! Not all of us have progressed as fast as you might've. There's a reason why there is a preface saying you should put Spoiler in the title of the thread.

Good god man - some of you really need to settle down on the 1,001 picture replies. That's more annoying than watching Mr. Bean trying to drive on the highway.

The thread title is "Patch 1.04 for PC out now!"

This isn't a bug-reporting thread. There's an entire sub-forum available for that here:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forums/174-Tech-Support

Nor is it a place for posting spoilers. Please show courtesy for other forum users.
And finally, it's not a place for posting your favourite change request. Please stick to existing threads, as posting such requests in multiple places ALSO annoys other forum users.
Which is why I've left the previous two posts intact, while deleting those that prompted them.

Top Bottom