Patch 1.04 for PC out now!

+
I missed to play or buy any Gwent Cards in White Orchard. After Patch 1.04 i bought 3 Cards from the Shop Keeper next to the fast Travel Point:

- Crinfrid Reavers Dragon Hunter
- Catapult
- Blue Stripes Commando

- Lord Commander of the North (I don´t know if I bought that card but I have it. Orignally it is obtained by beating the Innkeeperess in Gwent)

But I´m still missing 2 cards from that area. Atleast according to this list:
http://www.primagames.com/games/witcher-3/tips/where-find-every-gwent-card-witcher-3-wild-hunt

- Decoy (bought from the Innkeeperess in White Orchard)
- Assire var Anahid (by beating the tutorial guy?)

Any help or suggestions?

1.04, went to White Orchand, Elsa is not at the inn. Anyone else got this?

EDIT: Cards are sold by the merchant next to fast travel post, the one you rescued from the griffin.

Doesn't have anything for me.

So do i have to start a new game to get the new gwent cards?

I hope not, though I'm curious about the "additional" word used in the patch notes.

Whats wrong with the PlayStation 4 Patch ???? 4 patches for PC ...and ps4 and Xbox ?....:(.. Make the Font ( words) all Bigger for ps4 the Text to Small, the loot Window is to small , Load screen is like Commodore 64 Time ..:(, framerate terrible, Many bugs... Did you dont like ps4 and xbox Users ?. Why you only Patch PC Version?.please give us quickly a Font Patch for ps4 . And all Fonts not only the loot window......

Thanks for the update. Lost too many runes upgrading my griffin school set =D

One thing that I find very annoying is zoom out limit on the map. Wasn't much for a problem until I went to Skellige, you have to scroll left right down up without having any idea in which direction your quest marker is because you can't zoom out enough. That's frustrating and could be easily fixed.

Anyway keep up the good work. I'm 55 hours, feel like I'm only at the beginning of the main story and having an absotule blast.

For me the patch ruined a lot...

Now almost every time I try to speak with merchants I get a 1-5 seconds loading screen.
When I ride on horse to towns merchants do not load, I need to get out and get there slowly to have them appear. Also sometimes items, boxes, candles, do not load, even walls..
The "new" "better" loot menu - I used to use multiple "E" key to take items one by one, so that I saw what I take. Now I cannot do it becouse it does not work without pointing mouse cursor over each items..
Also I got a random 1-2 seconds freezes which I did not have before (usually while riding horse far)
Also I got about 10-12 frames lower then I used to..

EDIT: Also the loading times got much longer, where next to nothing before.

Last edited:
While the game does run smoother, the game still freezes on me, randomly, without being able to point out a cause. I really wish this game didn't launch in the state it did.

Last edited:
I used to get constant 60fps before the this patch, now I get around 40. No settings have been changed. This, coupled with the awful pop-ins and ridiculously low draw distances introduced after the 1.03 patch, I am starting to wonder if CDPR are actually testing these updates properly. Please don't rush updates. They're meant to improve the experience, not worsen it.

edit: I'm going to reinstall the game and stay on 1.02 for now until this is sorted out.
edit 2: 1.04 saves are incompatible with earlier versions. Damn.

Last edited:
Thank you cdprojekt red for all the effort which is and was put into creating Wild Hunt. It is a hell of a ride. Been playing since sunday evening nearly nonstop. Thank you for all your passion. This is amazing

HAHAHAH!!!

Now I understand what happened. LOL. I was by a cloud and it went boom. Geralt went to sleep. I for the life of me could not figure out what happened !!

Yeah that would typically happen to me if I had a torch when walking over them

---------- Updated at 11:52 PM ----------

There's still a major bug where one of the caged merchants is locked up and after killing all the deserters drops no key. It's like that on a lot of my friends games in the exact same spot. And the deserters don't respawn so it's permanently stuck that way

I don't like the change in textures. Aliasing and shimmering have increased significantly.

It looks like a noise filter is applied on every texture now.

Same here, at least when textures are set to Ultra. The aliasing/shimmer goes away on the high texture setting.

Also still waiting on the fix for Enhanced Moon Dust & Enhanced Northern Wind bomb formulas not appearing after purchase.

I'm still getting a stat bug with certain runes:

Hopefully it'll be patched asap.

Ever since I installed this patch I've experienced really noticeable LOD changes and bad pop-in (such as geralts beard in cutscenes or other characters amour such as helmets) on high/ultra settings. Also it feels like the game is slightly stuttering when I'm running around anywhere even if I drop the game down to low settings.

hi Guys, I have bought the game but not yet installed it.Waiting for my new rig to complete probably next week.
Anyways my question is do I need to install all the previous updates before installing the current one.Like update v1.0, 2.0 before 3.0. Thanks

Hello all witcher fans...

I just want to suggest that make some keys available for multiple moves same like Mouse right click is used for Witcher senses & Parry. I will love to use roll, dive, surface keys to stop horse or to gallop/canter as i think Geralt can't roll or dive when he is on horse Right ?

I really like the way GTA 5 key configuration is... I can really use same keys for multiple actions. I mean same direction keys for all vehicles or to character move, Or i can use direct weapon selection keys for different action when i am driving.

So please if possible try to combine keys for multiple things which are not related with each other. I am a arrow key player so its little tough for me to bind all keys separately.

Sry for my bad English... I hope i mange to describe my problem :)

I don't like the change in textures. Aliasing and shimmering have increased significantly.

It looks like a noise filter is applied on every texture now.

same here for aliasing/shimmer. also i got weird red lines when i kill "rotfiend" and its about to explode . covering almost entire screen, probably blood effect or smth

steam version 1.04
settings ultra
GTX970 + driver 352.86 WHQL

For me overall performance is improved now but shimmer and kind a dusty ultra textures is a problem . im gonna try high textures till a fix

edit:wrong quote

Last edited:
Top Bottom