Patch 1.05, crashes are still here.

+
As i said before here is full story:
On day one of release i managed to play 10 hours with no problems, no crashes or whatsoever, it was game ver 1.03 if i am not wrong. When i turn off my PC, and tried to launch a game on next day crashes are started, the game crashes at the intro cinematic(loading) or in a few seconds after i load my game(if i am lucky enough to pass the cinematic), interesting fact: game never crash in menu. All the the time the same crash error - here:

Error reason: Assert
Expression: <Unknown>
Message: Gpu Crash for unknown reasons! Callstack here is probably irrelevant. Check if Breadcrumbs or Aftermath logged anything useful.
File: e:\r6.patch0hotfix2\dev\src\common\gpuapi\src\dx12\gpuapidx12error.cpp(40)

It was like that around a week may be, then patch 1.04 comes and... it didnt fix anything.
Meanwhile i was looking for the methods to fix my problem, i tried different things like Clear install of driver, full updates to windows, changing language, changing memory pools, adding older versions of dx to the game files, but sadly nothing helps me. After a week i was experimentating with a different language swaps for the game and it worked?(???) I think i switch my game to polish(4gb dwl) then back to Russian(my native language)(another 4.3gb dwl) launched the game and managed to play for around 8 hours long more, perfectly again, but as soon as i exit game i cant do that again, crashes are back, and language changes are not helping anymore xD. So my hope was for 1.05, well it has no use as well...Crashes are still here all the same error. Here is some info if u are interested for my system specs:

On first screen u can see my system specs(btw i was running game at high options with 50-60 stable fps)
On second u can see that my system has no any overclocks or what so ever.
As addition i can say that all my overlays are turned off, all my side programs as well, i deleted my antivir, and left myself with a default windows defender.
As u see on screen my Winver is 10, 20h2 x64

Any ideas, what i can try more?
Post automatically merged:

Bump, i guess i just should give up on that game...never gona preorder anything again...

Last edited:
To me this sounds like your graphics drivers are the point of failure or corrupt game files.

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and then installing them again?
Have you tried uninstalling the game and then installing the game again?

To me this sounds like your graphics drivers are the point of failure or corrupt game files.

Have you tried uninstalling your graphics drivers and then installing them again?
Have you tried uninstalling the game and then installing the game again?
yes, and yes.
I was wiping my drivers with DDU as cdpr recommend on support page.
I tried to verify game files and also tried to reinstall in completely a few time with different language packs. Sadly nothing works...
but tnx for your guess :)
The weird thing here that it some how let me play 2 long sessions without crashes, but then something happened, and its broken, phew...

Last edited:
Okay. So. This may sound a bit weird. Maybe even offensive. I am sorry for that.

Could you change your Steam language to Polish?

I've found a couple of sources saying that changing the language in steam to polish works around the issue. Now I don't know if you need to keep Steam in Polish, or if it's just a one time thing.

They all said that the ingame language remains unchanged. So that shouldn't be a problem either.

It's worth a try if you want to play :D

I have over 100 hours played on a marginal PC (I-7 3620 w/GTX 970) an only had two crashes so far.

The issues people with consoles are having are ENTIRELY separate. That said I think some of the issues people may be having are due to pushing their systems for the absolute max graphics they're capable of ... quality over performance.

Last edited:
I have over 100 hours played on a marginal PC (I-7 3620 w/GTX 970) an only had two crashes so far.

The issues people with consoles re having are ENTIRELY seperate. That said I think some of the issues people may be having are due to pushing their systems for the absolutes max graphics they're capable of ... quality over performance.

Yes. I've got a beast of a PC. Like. I really should spend my money more wisely. But here I am. As long as my game remains above 60 frames I don't encounter that many weird bugs. Sure, I get stuck. Sure I get launched of slightly angled building parts. Sure some other normal bugs happen.

The popping in of characters. The sound bugs. The aim thingy on the screen getting stuck. Not being able to get out my weapon. Not being able to hack. That starts to happen when my frames start to drop way below 60. Weird shit happens when this game can't get the resources it expects to have.

I don't think that's the issue Di_Lust has. They can't even start the game.

Okay. So. This may sound a bit weird. Maybe even offensive. I am sorry for that.

Could you change your Steam language to Polish?

I've found a couple of sources saying that changing the language in steam to polish works around the issue. Now I don't know if you need to keep Steam in Polish, or if it's just a one time thing.

They all said that the ingame language remains unchanged. So that shouldn't be a problem either.

It's worth a try if you want to play :D
alredy tried that, no use for me :(

The issues people with consoles are having are ENTIRELY separate. That said I think some of the issues people may be having are due to pushing their systems for the absolute max graphics they're capable of ... quality over performance.
as i noticed in the top topic i tried to change my settings, on the lowest possible settings nothing changes, i even tried to play with GeForce Expirience and its ability to optimize settings, since some people said that it might work, but of course not for me :), but tnx for your idea :)

Yes. I've got a beast of a PC. Like. I really should spend my money more wisely. But here I am. As long as my game remains above 60 frames I don't encounter that many weird bugs. Sure, I get stuck. Sure I get launched of slightly angled building parts. Sure some other normal bugs happen.

The popping in of characters. The sound bugs. The aim thingy on the screen getting stuck. Not being able to get out my weapon. Not being able to hack. That starts to happen when my frames start to drop way below 60. Weird shit happens when this game can't get the resources it expects to have.

I don't think that's the issue Di_Lust has. They can't even start the game.
Yeah, during my 20hrs gameplay even through i was playing on high settings, i actually had stable 60 fps, and barely meet any serious ingame bugs to be honest, but in the current state i simply cant play the game anymore, since it keep crashing non-stop.

Last edited:
all of my crashes are EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

I guess that's nothing to do with video card and pc hardware tweaking.

It is game logic bugs that make the program to refer to something not existed in memory. so access violation.
and it may be caused by bugged save files. you got your save file bugged, you crash and other people are ok.

lots of people say they play for how long and no problem. after some point the games starts to crash.
Maybe the "some point" is where your progress gets complicated and your saved status become bugged.

so just stop repeatedly reinstall video card drivers, tweaking graphic options, rebooting your pc. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Last edited:
all of my crashes are EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

I guess that's nothing to do with video card and pc hardware tweaking.

It is game logic bugs that make the program to refer to something not existed in memory. so access violation.
and it may be caused by bugged save files. you got your save file bugged, you crash and other people are ok.
Did u read the topic? I stated which crash exactly i have, and all the story i passed through with that.
Lets guess that u are right, then probably one of my other 10 saves would work, but its not, also i can load my save and play for a few seconds(if i am lucky to pass intro cinematic -_-), which usually cannot be done if save is corrupted.

Top Bottom