Patch 1.05 for PC out now!

+
-To people griping about "stuttering". How much VRAM do you have? If you are running a 2gb GTX 770, and are getting stuttering, guess what? You have the settings too high. If you are running DSR from nvidia settings, lower resolution to 1920 x 1080. I'm running a GTX 970 at that resolution with everything on Ultra, shadows low, blur off. Game doesn't stutter. I also have 16gb of RAM and 4gb of VRAM. This game uses nearly 40% RAM when minimized, which would be nearly 80% with 8gb, and way beyond with 4gb. Before you go griping about your system not able to play it, go check what your system is actually doing. It's NOT their fault you have a 2gb card with 4gb of RAM.

Meh. I'm using an old GTX 560 Ti with just 1GB VRAM and I can play the game very well. Some stutters but I expected this from the start. With patch 1.05 it improved a lot. I have no delusions of running this game in ULTRA with my current settings. I just let the game choose the settings for me and then tone-down post-processing to low. I think VRAM is the culprit. When you don't have enough of it Witcher 3 is bound to crash.

Take for instance my monitor is tiny only at 1366*768 using a larger one would definitely kick my gpu's behind. I mean larger monitors taxes gpu resources too so ramping up the graphical settings will further strain your gpu and cpu thus more VRAM is used hence the crashing problems on some gamers.

Game's not perfect for everyone. So what works for me may not work for you.

CDPR just needs to find a way to optimize the game further.

Hey CDP! I was just wondering if we could get turn on and off sliders for ambient music and combat music in the next patch! Don't get me wrong I fricking love the soundtrack of The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt but the Velen region ambient soundtrack is getting to my ears with the non stop violin strings vibrations! Please consider it! Super fan of the Witcher 3! 10/10

Did this new patch decrease LOD, textures and draw distance compared to 1.03 and 1.04 or not? It seems people have conflicting results.

Last edited:
gameworks is what makes the games crash, if you disable it, no crash at all.

My game used to crash every 5-20 minutes before patch 1.05 even with Hairworks off and many other settings off. I tried several different graphic setting combinations to no avail. The game was unstable unless I underclocked my GPU and increased its power limit. Now my GPU is untouched (everything at stock) and the game doesn't crash in fullscreen mode. I tried borderless fullscreen and tabbed out a couple of times and the game crashed, so it seems that borderless is still unstable, at least for me.

[PC] Patch 1.05

I have most of my settings set to the highest, yet the textures on everything, seem to be much lower quality. with this latest Patch.

Please add a way to get the Zoltan Chivay qwent card if we missed it during the tutorial in White Orchard! I skipped gwent at first because I was more interested in exploring the game and now I can't get all the gwent cards. Please fix this.

I have an issue. With this new patch i always get only 5 exps for secondary missions. With v1.04 patch it was okey but with this nope. Solve it please

HEy all,

I have the new patch but for some reason Im not getting the option to talk to Madam Serenity. I already did the mission where you use her place and you go in the secret room, but I cant play gwent with her to get my gwent card. I am seeing the following:

"Geralt can now always play gwent with Madame Serenity."

Not in my game. Any advice to fixing this bug? What did I do wrong? I need to play her to finish the Novigrad gwent challenges.

POP-IN LOD RENDERING-DRAW DISTANCE much worse!!!I really just want to get lost in this game i want immersion i havent had that feeling for a game in so long and this one has the potential to really be the game to do it....but this damn pop in that is my only com[plaint i can live with everything else i could really get lost in this game if they would just fix it!!!!! Or even release or make it to where the people who have SLI 980's or sim hardware could adjust ini settings or something anything CDPR please fix this or respond or anything PLEASE so many people have wasted so much money a Gpus to be able to really MAX out games but just to be able to enhance resolution is not enough anymore to suffice for the money that we have spent.........CDPR YOU GUYS WERE THE GAME DEVELOPERS WE WERE COUNTING ON!!!PC GAMES WERE YOUR GOAL ONCE AND I KNOW YOU GUYS CAN FIX THIS FOR US!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FIX IT

Since 1.03 haven't had a single crash. 1.05 made things even smoother with hairworks on default msaa 8 level.

Sure there are some bugs but not game braking ones at least for me. Best advice: Save often.

After installing a patch I put most of the graphical settings to low, then go back and set them where they should be, exit the game and restart it.

Bugs I have encountered:
- The alchemy and crafting inventory bug where only one item at a time can be crafted. Dropping and picking up required
- Triss decided to stay in a doorway and blocked passage in Novigrad sewers on a quest. Had to load a save and rush through that door before Triss :D
- Characters pop in right in front of your face. This was the same in 1.03 and I am used to it. Boohoo not a big deal
- At least in 1.03 Geralt got stuck in a hole at the battlefield marshes on Velen by the Pontar river. Had to load a previous save
- The stats: Need to re equip mutagens after loading a savegame

Things that irritate sort of:
- Roach can be quite stubborn to control sometimes
- Diving is better in 1.05 but still tricky
- Auto sheating. More funny actually than irritating to fight a golem with fists
- Fighting Harpies and Erynias can be tricky when they are flying. Not difficult but tricky from the wrong reasons ie camera
- Trunk for stuff would be handy if I want to keep an armor and upgrade it later
- Gwent UI doesn't respond always the way it should. If playing a decoy for example it is impossible to select the desired card without first backing up and browsing through the cards
- Extra carefulness required when trying to use ladders with a controller :D

Game runs perfectly fine for me. It is very smooth. I'd guess around 45-60+ fps at all times. I don't use fps counters cause they just make me crazy. Minor stuttering sometimes but I don't even notice it anymore and it is very... well minor.

System:
i5-2500k @ 4GHz
Asus Strix GTX-980, 353.06 driver, GFE not installed
16 GB DDR
W8.1

Nvidia control panel:
Vsync on, triple buffering
max pre rendered frames: 1
max performance
DSR on, 15% smoothness
PhysX: CPU
Single display performance mode

In game:
Vsync off
Full screen
Unlimited fps
1440p (DSR)
Ultra settings,
-except shadows, grass density, npc population on high

Postprocessing:
Motion blur, Vignetting, Chromatic aberration off

Controls:
Controller vibration off
-I use xbox 360 usb model

P.S. The grayed out quests give 5-15 XP and that's how it should be.

Last edited:
Thanks for the hard work CD Project! The game is amazing and this patch really helps, but now i have problems with the mutagens: in alchemy i cant do more than 1 mutagen (even if i drop/take back). Please help us (i see other player with the same problem). Thanks again

During the quest Cave Of Dreams, after I "finish" the last dream (trying not to spoil anything, here) the screen turns white (as it should) and then there's a little loading on the bottom right hand corner and boom -- crash, straight to desktop. This is the first crash / bug / performance issue I've experienced in the game yet. PC player patch 1.05 here. I googled this and others have experienced it as well. It's obviously not allow me to complete the quest. Hopefully this gets fixed, but I wanted to add this feedback and report.

---------- Updated at 07:11 PM ----------

Also.. mutagens are now treated like potions or other alchemy items. Which is ridiculous because we can't create +10% anymore. If you have created one of any strength in a particular color, it won't let you create it anymore. Just like most alchemy items, it says "you already have one."

On the PS4, during the side-quest 'Practicum in Advanced Alchemy', located in Skellige, there is a bug whereby if you picked up the Distiller's notes ( to make alcohol) before hand - before the mission started - the mission wont check-mark that you have it. Hence, I cannot use the machine to create some alcohol. One cannot use the distillery if the mission does not check mark having read the note, which I have countless times. And I still have both the Distiller's letter and note on me.

Consequently, I cannot make level 30 weapons, since I need Erbis, and other alchemical substances. Please fix it somehow. Thanks.

Please, fix the bug when in now or never and the quest with uma, yen and triss have glowing hands all the time, even when they don't use magic. It's a bit annoying.

Uhm...ok...but so...why increase that...?

Why not dive into the XML files and hack out those pesky XP points altogether..Crippling difficulty is just as imbalanced as non existing difficulty...It's ironic that HCGamers always overly concern themselves (Oftentimes over-obsessing) with game balance yet refuse to play unless under crippling difficulties, the pinnacle of unbalanced gameplay.

I mean really, what is even the point of leveling up your character? Hell, just run around buck-naked armed only with a steel knife, while playing on hard-core Ayn Rand obsessive level- insta-perma-death-difficulty...As for me I like to start off normally, (Actual balanced gamplay) then progress to the harder difficulties, because if you start your dinner with dessert, then you have nothing to look forward to after your meal...

'Cept if you're eating Italian cuisine of course, as everything is already something to look forward to...:pizza:

Last edited:
Top Bottom