Patch 1.05 for people who haven't edited their files?

+

• Issues with 1.05 after having edited files/configs/etc.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Issues with 1.05 with a standard install (no edits)

Votes: 16 57.1%
  • No issues with 1.05 after having edited files/configs/etc.

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No issues with 1.05 with a standard install (no edits)

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters

So there are obviously a ton of posts about 1.05 screwing up more stuff for them, or not fixing things, etc.

But I'm wondering, how many of these people were editing their files before to try to change stuff?
Is anyone who hasn't changed their files having issues with this patch? I have a feeling that most of these problems people are having are from messing with their stuff.
Of course I could be completely wrong and the patch could just be shit, but I'd like to hear from both sides here, it would be good to see what's going on.

For me, the patch has fixed a lot in terms of stability. The only things I've changed is movie framerate. I had a lot of GPU crashes in major cities within 5 minutes, now I haven't had a crash yet and I've been playing straight for 3 hours. I do have the occasional shadow flickering while in Novigrad, but nothing near as bad as before 1.05. I used to have to park my GPU's fan at around 90% just to keep the game from crashing, but I've been letting it run automatically for a few hours (I did tell the GPU to stay around 75C max; just gotten a little paranoid). Overall an improvement for me. Thanks CDPR for taking the time to QA the patch!

Figure I should give an update now that I've been playing with the new patch for over six hours. The game has crashed twice for the same reason. The GPU and the game just don't get along when in large cities. Setting textures at ultra seem to be the culprit in my case. But the game has crashed FAR less (I was crashing within 5 minutes before the patch). Optimization still needs more work, but still an improvement on my end. I still think CDPR has done a good job with the patch, but I see more improvements to come. I'm back to parking the fan at a higher speed. I can live without ultra textures, at this point I just want to keep playing the game :).

Last edited:
I have not edited any of my game files. Prior to patch 1.05 I had an occasional graphics bug or crash, but nothing to complain about. Since patch 1.05 I have major issues with npc and environment such as walls, doors, etc popping into the gameworld once I am very close. In addition, I cannot complete a conversation with a quest giving npc without a crash to desktop. Thankfully I can run around the game world and complete the points of interest without any issues, but it is frustrating that I can't continue with the story/secondary quests/witcher contracts when I had no major issues prior to the patch.

I made a fresh install of the game and let default settings : still ton of issues. The game is still not stable.

Black screen, texture pop just front of me, low sound in cutscenes, stuttering etc...

All my other games are completely smooth include The Witcher and The Witcher 2.

Still getting crashes and sometimes a black screen with music still playing in the background. It seems to happen when I return to the game from the map. I think I'm going to put this game aside for a month until they get it sorted out. Very frustrating.

I manage to play through the game with 1.04 even with random crashes, now since 1.05 I started a new game with a different witcher 2 save and I can't get on my horse, The Witcher sense find items sound bites don't play at all it doesn't register unless there's an item to collect. Like in kaer mourn when you're running around click on item Yennifer would say things those are gone, and the blacksmith arsonist quest wont update when tracking the foot prints. Its unfortunate I cannot roll back them steam patches.

Wow, so far only one out of eight votes are saying it works well... Not looking very good...

Still, let's keep this going.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Wow, so far only one out of eight votes are saying it works well... Not looking very good...

Still, let's keep this going.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Polls on tech support forums mean nothing, unless your one of the friendly faces like me that are trying to help people. You're here because you have a problem, the people that aren't having problems are off playing the game living life. So broken will ALWAYS skew in these lol.

Polls on tech support forums mean nothing, unless your one of the friendly faces like me that are trying to help people. You're here because you have a problem, the people that aren't having problems are off playing the game living life. So broken will ALWAYS skew in these lol.
An excellent point, of course.

Though I would still like to see where the majority of problems are happening.

So, after backing up all of my files for my 1.04 setup, I went ahead and patched to 1.05 and tried it out. Toggled some settings, loaded some saves, and everything seems fine.
No noticeable differences at all, which I suppose is unfortunate since it would be nice to see quality and performance improvements.

Top Bottom