Patch 1.05... where is it?

+
Sadly they dont seem to care about the fans. If they did we would have had the hotfix by monday and all of us would be playing now.

I's bet dollars to doughnuts that its absolutely not because they simply "don't care". I still think CDPR are one of the good guys, I mean just compare and contrast with Bioware now that they are part of the EA Evil Empire.

Anyway on the bright side looks like we have got a bumper patch incoming pretty soon.

---------- Updated at 06:48 AM ----------

What a load of absolute poop. I seriously hope CDPR have enough sense not to listen to this kind of drivel. Did they ever officially announce it would be released today? <snip>

“That’s correct. It’s getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday. We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding.”

Sadly they dont seem to care about the fans. If they did we would have had the hotfix by monday and all of us would be playing now.

I don't even...

If you knew anything about CDPR's past treatment of their games you would probably never have said what you just said.

You guys need to seriously relax, unless your a expert at patching / testing cycles you have no idea the work that goes into the patches. They are working to bring you a stable patch that won't cause more problems.

Is this "exp bug" existing only in ver 1.04? I still have ver 1.03 right now.

So far, the only problem I personally had was the game freezing while on the inventory. Turning off nvidia streaming and playing with Origin in "offline mode" (or simply turning off wifi for my laptop) and I haven't experienced freezing again. Thus, when patch 1.04 came, it passed me by since whenever Origin is offline mode, it won't bother me with it's prompts regarding updates. When it requires me to update game, it won't let me play btw, so i usually just play offline when I don't know anything yet about the effects of new patches.

Does anyone know the approximate level where this bug occurs? Or is it dependent on the area where you do questing?

Though I'm not really troubled much about having less or no exp near the end. But it is something to consider if/when I decide to graduate from playing Story and Sword to something a little more challenging.

Is this "exp bug" existing only in ver 1.04? I still have ver 1.03 right now.

So far, the only problem I personally had was the game freezing while on the inventory. Turning off nvidia streaming and playing with Origin in "offline mode" (or simply turning off wifi for my laptop) and I haven't experienced freezing again. Thus, when patch 1.04 came, it passed me by since whenever Origin is offline mode, it won't bother me with it's prompts regarding updates. When it requires me to update game, it won't let me play btw, so i usually just play offline when I don't know anything yet about the effects of new patches.

Does anyone know the approximate level where this bug occurs? Or is it dependent on the area where you do questing?

Though I'm not really troubled much about having less or no exp near the end. But it is something to consider if/when I decide to graduate from playing Story and Sword to something a little more challenging.

You really don't have to worry about it. I finished it on Blood and Broken Bones and still ended up overlevelled for my story quests, and I didn't even do all (I guess maybe 50%) of the sidequests and probably only 30% of the questionmarks.

it should be in 1.03 too because ps4/xb1 have this bug and they are on 1.03

but it depense on how you play if you get affected or not by this bug if you just do green quests all the time and ignore quests that are low level (grey) you should not be getting this bug at all afaik

“That’s correct. It’s getting fixed next week. We were trying to release a hotfix on Monday but since the 1.05 on PC is coming right after that, we might just release 1.05 and include the XP fix in there as well. That will happen most likely Tuesday/Wednesday. We do not stop working. We are trying to fix everything. Thank you for your understanding.”

I guess the key words there are "most likely". Let's hope for the best. These guys do really care about their games and fans despite what a few are claiming.

Actually I think I've worked out the 'issue' for me. Its not the bug itself, I'm kinda confident that I won't end up gimped if I push on despite having the bug.

The issue is simply reward for effort, it breaks the feeling that you are getting something for your endeavours in the world. Similar thing with the grey quest design though I happily overlooked that as I have been enjoying things so much. I know that is a separate matter but I would like to see a couple of balancing passes probably decreasing main quest XP and increasing other stuff so it feels like all your endeavours have some sort of reason.

Actually I think I've worked out the 'issue' for me. Its not the bug itself, I'm kinda confident that I won't end up gimped if I push on despite having the bug.

The issue is simply reward for effort, it breaks the feeling that you are getting something for your endeavours in the world. Similar thing with the grey quest design though I happily overlooked that as I have been enjoying things so much. I know that is a separate matter but I would like to see a couple of balancing passes probably decreasing main quest XP and increasing other stuff so it feels like all your endeavours have some sort of reason.

I guess there will be some mods in the near future what will do this. So just wait and keep an eye at http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/?

it should be in 1.03 too because ps4/xb1 have this bug and they are on 1.03

but it depense on how you play if you get affected or not by this bug if you just do green quests all the time and ignore quests that are low level (grey) you should not be getting this bug at all afaik

Depends on the hardware you are playing. For PC 10.4 intorduced the bug, but it's coresponding XONE and PS4 patch is numbered 1.03.

So, we've reached Wednesday. It's your last chance to release the patch CDPR, you have just over 19 hours to go on this magical day called Wednesday, after that, your credibility goes down the drain and I will never believe any official announcements you will ever make.

Stop harassing devs just because they didn't fit your timeline. Your words are simply pathetic. They're working on the upcoming patch and they'll release it. This IS sure.

Depends on the hardware you are playing. For PC 10.4 intorduced the bug, but it's coresponding XONE and PS4 patch is numbered 1.03.

I'm playing on PC. I guess I'll just wait and see if the bug is there or not.

I haven't encountered a grey quest yet. :) Just spacing a few side quests in between main quests.

Hoping patch 1.05 will fix issues for other people who seem to suffer a lot of quest bugs. I'm fortunate not having encountered them yet.

I was under the impression patch 1.04 was under cert atm for consoles, I take it, it isn't? With means it's gonna be a few weeks yet

Interesting to see how the life of some people apparently completely revolves around one game and if they stop playing said game, because they might miss out on some experience, their life is completely falling apart.

Take a look at yourself, before you start to harrass CDPR.

If you're not able to wait a couple of days for the patch, something is seriously wrong with you.

I was under the impression patch 1.04 was under cert atm for consoles, I take it, it isn't? With means it's gonna be a few weeks yet

i think 1.04 for consoles is in cert the moment when 1.05 hits the pc. so yeah consoles are slow if you wanna deploy a patch :(

If you're not able to wait a couple of days for the patch, something is seriously wrong with you.
Couple of days?
Oh eah, we waited for more than a week already!
I`am starting to think that devs may not have enough time to release next patch this month.
Maybe in July... :)

You guys need to seriously relax, unless your a expert at patching / testing cycles you have no idea the work that goes into the patches. They are working to bring you a stable patch that won't cause more problems.

If we can to downgrade at patch 1.03 with GOG Galaxy just for waitaing the new patch, it will be good but we can't. So when you continue the game, i think you can complain.

Top Bottom