Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
As many have reported I have noticed a lot of stuttering, sudden drops in fps especially during close up conversations since the patch. Otherwise 1.07 is a definite improvement.

You're exaggerating. There are a few problems with sidequests, but the patch is fantastic. Not worth to play with 1.06 or less.

---------- Updated at 01:40 PM ----------

Not with the horrific stuttering that I'm getting it's not, and yes, there's been a lot of reports that are quest related...So no, I'm not exaggerating..

Last edited:
This kind of result is bewildering to me. The same thing happened with Inquisition. Every single new patch that came out, players came to the forums complaining of broken quests, CTDs (for PC), stuttering video and un-synced audio and a whole range of other issues...and I never experienced any of them. 1.07 for W3 is just fine by me (although initially there was a massive frame rate drop, I found it was because it had defaulted me to 4K resolution).

I am fairly certain that most of these bugs you -will- experience, once you get to their point.The quest bugs specifically will be universal, unless you've already passed the point in the quests where the bug presents itself.

Two issues from my side.
It sometimes happen that bombs do not detonate, the just fall through the ground and disappear...

Second issue sometimes happen, when Geralt reaches the end of the map and nearby is an area like a big mountain which you normally can't climb on. So when you try running out of the map you're automatically placed a few meters inside this invisible border after you're forced to watch the map That is fine in most cases but sometimes Geralt is placed a few meters above a hill in the air. When you walk a few meters in air he's falling down to the ground and may survive the fall, then you can run around exactly within the area which you can't real normally and no way out of it because of other invisible borders haha :D

Two issues from my side.
It sometimes happen that bombs do not detonate, the just fall through the ground and disappear...

Second issue sometimes happen, when Geralt reaches the end of the map and nearby is an area like a big mountain which you normally can't climb on. So when you try running out of the map you're automatically placed a few meters inside this invisible border after you're forced to watch the map That is fine in most cases but sometimes Geralt is placed a few meters above a hill in the air. When you walk a few meters in air he's falling down to the ground and may survive the fall, then you can run around exactly within the area which you can't real normally and no way out of it because of other invisible borders haha :D

I have the former too. It looks to me that the bomb HAS to hit an enemy rather than fall on the ground, which isn't great. Not sure if that's a bug or intended behaviour.

Another bugged quest update: "The Final Trial" is bugged. Trolls attack you even if you surrender your swords.

Last edited:
I have the former too. It looks to me that the bomb HAS to hit an enemy rather than fall on the ground, which isn't great. Not sure if that's a bug or intended behaviour.

No you don't have to hit an enemy. Just try it out. Bombs are exploding everywhere and its working fine, but sometimes, they just don't hit anything and fly through everything..so they hit nothing and thats the problem i assume.

Another bugged quest update: "The Final Trial" is bugged. Trolls attack you even if you surrender your swords.

Confirmed, happened to me recently. The worst thing is that you then have to fight them bare hands, which is basically not doable. Workaround: ignore the trolls and run to the altar, once you arrive a cutscene kicks in and the game "forgets" about the aggroed trolls and everything works fine once continue.

I have a problem with the village of pigs quest .. It says speak to the pig .. there is no pig ..
I even tried interacting with every possible "X" that I came across but nope, no pig .. (Maybe I'll try it again after a few more bits of questing)

Also I have noticed that the lighting is a little odd and pops in occasionally, not a lot but enough to be noticeable.
Textures as well, do a bit of popping in to say hello a bit late.

Overall though, the improvements are good, they just put a few bugs back in to replace the old ones they repaired, so we had something to moan about :)

Looking forward to the NG+ which, hopefully, will squish the remaining bugs and glitches ..

.. New one .. Lambert won't move off the side of the hill at Kaer Morhen on the way to fill the Phylactery (I know I've spelled most of that wrong) .. Just killed some Harpies and he's just standing there looking down the hill .. I'll see if he perks up a bit if I go and do something else ..

Last edited:
I still can't finish Skellige's Most Wanted.

Now the Werewolf dies but I keep hearing his roars and the roars of the troll when he dies as well. Also, their health bars don't vanish from the screen.

Please tell me this has been fixed in version 1.08. :(

Attachments

• 16082725229993918464_2015-08-01_00001.jpg
    16082725229993918464_2015-08-01_00001.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 51
I still can't finish Skellige's Most Wanted.

Now the Werewolf dies but I keep hearing his roars and the roars of the troll when he dies as well. Also, their health bars don't vanish from the screen.

Please tell me this has been fixed in version 1.08. :(
Got this bug too (I think everyone does), but I don't think they fixed it in 1.08, it's not in the patch notes. Hoping for a "stealth-fix".

"Hey, you wanna look at my stuff" - quest is indeed bugged. I cannot talk to the merchant after I followed him by tracking his smell.

ANother bugged quest found: In "The Soldier Statuette" after you follow Triss nothing happens, the questlog doesn't change, and you can't do nothing.

Top Bottom