Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Hold on, has CDPR said theyre holding back the release of 1.07 on PC until the console versions are certified by their respective companies?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. Some posts got deleted. If anyone else thinks it's OK to start a console war here, expect to get a time-out.

Damnit anyway!! My post got moved AGAIN..Cripes, can I get an answer on this?? Is it that hard to tell me, so that I may make a decision as to whether or not I want 1.07 or not?? JEEZUS!!! This is the 2nd time my post got redirected and buried..

If your question gets answered, it will be in this thread, or a new thread in the News section when they issue the changelist.

Alright, uff I am done reading 35 pages, so cool, vocabulary lessons by mods, pretty awesome, actually made me laugh (No I am not being sarcastic, it was fun) some personal attacks, console/pc war or whatever, bugs/suggestions alright seems cool.

Sooo, why do people think that we're getting the full patch list on friday? What makes you say that exactly? I'm hyped about this patch, I truly want to see the whole thing and every single detail, but no, for real now, what makes you think that we'll get that on Friday?

Alright, uff I am done reading 35 pages, so cool, vocabulary lessons by mods, pretty awesome, actually made me laugh (No I am not being sarcastic, it was fun) some personal attacks, console/pc war or whatever, bugs/suggestions alright seems cool.

Sooo, why do people think that we're getting the full patch list on friday? What makes you say that exactly? I'm hyped about this patch, I truly want to see the whole thing and every single detail, but no, for real now, what makes you think that we'll get that on Friday?

Dunno, maybe they made some Nostradamus shit and think 1.07 must be on 10.7. .. you know, the date? eh? eh? get it?

This list of changes list reads like my wish list of fixes come true!

Almost. But I think they still need to:

1. Fix runes/glyphs acquired as loot so that they can be used in crafting.

2. Make it so that golems drop golem hearts again (it seems golems stopped doing this after the 1.05 patch, which "increases the variety of loot dropped throughout the game"; the only golem heart I found in my playthrough I got before installing that patch...I ended up finishing the game without unlocking the enhanced/superior blizzard potions because golem hearts became nonexistent), or at least add some merchants/herbalists that stock them.

3. Add a configuration option to disable durability/wear-and-tear on weapons and armor. Having to periodically repair my stuff (or pay to have it repaired) doesn't make my game more fun. It doesn't add realism (especially since I can repair stuff in the middle of a battle, anyways). It's just annoying. At least give people who don't want to waste time constantly repairing their items the option to turn durability off.

4. If in TW2 you left Saskia alive, got the magic dagger, and saved Iorveth, those things should all appear in TW3 and there should be a quest about using the dagger to (finally) free Saskia. And also the option to personally kill Philippa for her role in enslaving Saskia in the first place. My Geralt never forgave her for that.

5. That locked chest you can come across on the Sunstone quest, there should be a key added for it. Perhaps as a new quest with some high-level enemies.

6. In Velen there's a somewhat ominous clearing in a forest with stones circled around its edges. The stones are marked with various inscriptions, and the place feels like it should be important, and magical. But as far as I can remember, nothing happens here. Something should. Same goes for a few other places scattered around Velen/Skellige that look like they're intended to hold portals (i.e. stone archways with various inscriptions on them) but as far as I can recall don't actually get used for anything.

7. Remove level restrictions from equipment. Or at the very least, from the Witcher gear. If, as a Level 1 Geralt I somehow manage to acquire all of the diagrams and materials needed to create a mastercrafted armor/sword set, and complete the quests related to unlocking the master blacksmith/armorer, I should be able to use my mastercrafted stuff immediately. As it stands I wasn't able to equip my Level 34 Wolf School gear until right before the final quest. Also some items require level 40+, which seems completely unattainable with how the game awards XP. What's the point?

8. Add a level cap for neutral NPC's (witch hunters, soldiers, etc.). Or at least make killing them award XP. I should be able to take my high-level witcher and depopulate every Nilfgaardian camp I come across, and slay every racist witch hunter in Novigrad. Perhaps the various factions involved can send bounty hunters after you if you do, kind of like what happens in New Vegas if you piss off the wrong people.

9. Arena mode. Exactly like in TW2.

Last edited:

From Marcin's post:
"The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week."

You guys and gals are so impressive. I can't remember when a game that was so successful from the outset, with consistently outstanding ratings from all the major sites AND fantastic sales released a patch with such significant changes so quickly. New inventory tabs? Stashes for inventory throughout the map? Pinning ingredients for recipes? These seem like additional features added to the game not just tweaks. And they are so spot on. It was a little cumbersome to wade through the books and notes but the game is so enjoyable I did not mind visiting a special vendor every once in a while to clear them out.

Bravo.You are clearly driven by a passion for creating a fabulous game and a dedication to your fans. (Now if we could just get the snarling rudeness of some of the comments to adopt a similar grace and dignity).

That is the ultimate strawman argument. What if they put in planes tanks and star wars stuff. Someone can always say "if you don't like it don't use it".

I think CDPR knows what to add & what not. Storage system in RPG's is very common thing I think as well we have storage chests in previous Witcher games too. Storage chest addition means we only going to see chest placed in some areas so that we can save our unwanted stuff to keep inventory clean so I really don't think its a big deal to argue about storage addition.

If you really think that asking CDPR to add star wars stuff is going to work then make the thread & try :)

Actually I think Star Wars stuff could be made to fit with the in-game mythology.

Monsters (and nonhumans, and magic) were brought into the world during a Conjunction which allowed the inhabitants of many different worlds (and also, times?) to all occupy a shared one. Nothing would seem to prevent one or more of those many different worlds being from whatever galaxy Star Wars takes place in. Perhaps it already happened that way, and werewolves are actually just feral Bothans and drowners are distant descendants of Admiral Ackbar.

Almost. But I think they still need to:

2. Make it so that golems drop golem hearts again

5. That locked chest you can come across on the Sunstone quest, there should be a key added for it. Perhaps as a new quest with some high-level enemies.

6. In Velen there's a somewhat ominous clearing in a forest with stones circled around its edges. The stones are marked with various inscriptions, and the place feels like it should be important, and magical. But as far as I can remember, nothing happens here. Something should.

Also some items require level 40+, which seems completely unattainable with how the game awards XP. What's the point?

Not just that, but all monsters should drop there mutagen. I killed 2 wyverns and 5 trolls before I got my first mutagen. Or do you only get monster specific mutagens from contracts ?

That locked chest in the elven ruins did have a key. I opened it on my second playthrough, nothing special in there. on my third playthrough I couldn't be bothered searching the ruins again.

The game world is full of places that looked lived in and believable, not every place has to be for a quest. It just adds to the immersion.

I cant get my head around the level scaling in this game, some of the item level requirements are absurd. Unless those items are actually for the expansions and have somehow accidently been added.

Venomous Arachas should drop Arachas venom. At least most of the time and not only after a specific quest. That Enhanced Tawny Owl stayed red a long time in my alchemy page.

EDIT: Had to google a bit but the quest was Missing Brother. Harrisi dropped Arachas venom. Before this quest I had killed a bunch of Arachases including venomous ones but none of them dropped Arachas venom. After killing Harrisi other venomous arachases started to drop arachas venom too IIRC.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered TW3 on steam and yet I haven't play it.
I don't pre-order often, but from previous experience I knew - this studio will treat me right and won't feed me any bullshit. And that deserved a pre-order even though I didn't plan to start playing as soon as the game is avalible.
I wanted my first time with it to be as magical and amazing as possible. So I decided to wait for some patches and free dlcs (I don't think I can wait for the big dlcs of the season pass).
And it almost fit perfectly with my vacation. Wich starts this weekend. I was going to just dive into it and forget about the real world for a while.
It was not easy to keep my hands off the game, but I wanted my first experience to be as immersive and mind-blowing it can be.

And now you are telling me that this patch with a great list of changes is actually ready (with timing that would be perfect for me), but I can't really get it because you want it to hit all the platforms at the same time?
You are making me sad. Very sad and frustrated.

As much as I value the work they are throwing in the new update, I will throw a guess as will as the Wild Hunt: they will release the patch notes on Sunday at 11:59 PM and the patch - at least 4 days after that. And the rain will - of course - be still broken, together with the missing clouds when you restart the game in order to fix the first thing. Raining from space, so realistic... How come more than a month after the release a functionality in the CORE package is still not addressed? After a month Ubisoft managed to stabilize AC Unity waaay more, and yes, I do know they have 5 times more people, but they were not focusing on DLC, i.e. dust in our eyes, so we forget about the problems that come with a brand new copy of their game.
*Sigh*
Apparently I will never enjoy a nice afternoon rain, it always has to be either sunny or a rain storm (referring to the console commands). :'(

Oh, and why did they even have to make 1 big patch? Is this 2001 where the internet is slow and we cannot afford to get quick small fixes?

I pre-ordered TW3 on steam and yet I haven't play it.
I don't pre-order often, but from previous experience I knew - this studio will treat me right and won't feed me any bullshit. And that deserved a pre-order even though I didn't plan to start playing as soon as the game is avalible.
I wanted my first time with it to be as magical and amazing as possible. So I decided to wait for some patches and free dlcs (I don't think I can wait for the big dlcs of the season pass).
And it almost fit perfectly with my vacation. Wich starts this weekend. I was going to just dive into it and forget about the real world for a while.
It was not easy to keep my hands off the game, but I wanted my first experience to be as immersive and mind-blowing it can be.

And now you are telling me that this patch with a great list of changes is actually ready (with timing that would be perfect for me), but I can't really get it because you want it to hit all the platforms at the same time?
You are making me sad. Very sad and frustrated.

or, its not ready yet, and once they submit it for certification, they release full notes... then there will be 5-10 days for MS+Sony to certificate it...

Actually I think Star Wars stuff could be made to fit with the in-game mythology.

Monsters (and nonhumans, and magic) were brought into the world during a Conjunction which allowed the inhabitants of many different worlds (and also, times?) to all occupy a shared one. Nothing would seem to prevent one or more of those many different worlds being from whatever galaxy Star Wars takes place in. Perhaps it already happened that way, and werewolves are actually just feral Bothans and drowners are distant descendants of Admiral Ackbar.

"Ciri's travels" for the next game sounds nice. But to get the other franchises on board will be an other matter entirely.

Top Bottom