Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Ok guys, take it from someone who used to be a modder on these forums before joining CDPRed (so maybe I have earned some "street cred"):

There is no reason for us to artificially delay a PC patch because of consoles. Actually, many patches so far have been released first on PC (1.06 was PC exclusive). We don't only fix general bugs and improve many features with 1.07, but we also fix issues specific to the platforms; of course including the PC. This means that while some platforms might be in the process of certification, the work on the others continues.
Please be patient and have a little trust, it won't be long. This is my last answer regarding this issue, because soon you guys will be busy playing W3 with the new patch anyway - on all platforms. ;)

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but transparency is extremely important when it comes to demanding consumers. The fact that everyone has been waiting with bated breath for over a week, almost taunted if you will with very premature patch notes, only to receive delayed access with no explanation, is pretty annoying to say the least. With no explanation, people form their own conspiracy ideas and get more and more aggravated. If an explanation was given, people would understand and patiently wait.

Wow. May I cautiously venture that there is no conspiracy, rather CDPR found something in the PC specific patch (yes, there will be slight differences between the platforms) they were not entirely happy withand have simply made a change and are doing some final testing? I want this patch ASAP as well, but only if it is DONE! Man... people with first world problems! Great job CDPR, you are the best devs out there!

Oh.. and why would they hold a release if it was finished?

Last edited:
I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but transparency is extremely important when it comes to demanding consumers. The fact that everyone has been waiting with bated breath for over a week, almost taunted if you will with very premature patch notes, only to receive delayed access with no explanation, is pretty annoying to say the least. With no explanation, people form their own conspiracy ideas and get more and more aggravated. If an explanation was given, people would understand and patiently wait.
This... This so much.
All we want is for CDPR to let us know what exactly the holdup is.

Not yet available on PS4 in the UK :sadtriss:Just woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and decided to check lol. Ah well, hopefully later today.

Wow. May I cautiously venture that there is no conspiracy, rather CDPR found something in the PC specific patch (yes, there will be slight differences between the platforms) they were not entirely happy withand have simply made a change and are doing some final testing? I want this patch ASAP as well, but only if it is DONE! Man... people with first world problems! Great job CDPR, you are the best devs out there!

great as long as they show pc specific patch notes.

It's a free, non-essential patch, dude. If anyone's getting that aggravated about not immediately being able to play the game with this patch RIGHT NOW they should probably get a sense of perspective.

You do understand that this is not about the delay but about the lack of communication/information about what's the holdup,right?

It's a free, non-essential patch, dude. If anyone's getting that aggravated about not immediately being able to play the game with this patch RIGHT NOW they should probably get a sense of perspective.

Fixing bugs that prevent you completing the main quest aka the game is non essential?

I personally don't classify bug fixing broken quests as "non-essential". Even so, saying that something will be delivered, but then not saying why its delayed for a subset of the user base is not fun for those who are affected. I am by no means ungrateful.

You do understand that this is not about the delay but about the lack of communication/information about what's the holdup,right?

Pretty much this.

This... This so much.
All we want is for CDPR to let us know what exactly the holdup is.

I think the answer is in that RedPost. Think about it, they fix platform specific issues not just broad hotfixes and new features. For XB1 or PS4 every console is the same, if it works it works, for PC you have a whole different beast, you're not trying to make it work on one specific set-up, there are LOTS of different set-ups, different CPU and GPU architectures to deal with, different OS, different RAM Configuration, everything is different it's extremely rare to find 2 Custom Gaming PC Set-ups that are identical, so you need to account for all of this and make sure it works not just for Nvidia GTX 980 users using an i7 with 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RAM but for every possible configuration. This means while they already submitted the patch for approval to Sony and Microsoft, they continue to address these issues and work on them with the PC Patch, and sometimes that includes communication with other companies like AMD or Nvidia or Intel to get the best compatibility possible.

Seconded! I've had issues leaving the game unplayable for me for quite some time. I understand that it takes time to find out the cause of issues and reproduce them and rework a solution into the game but open ended posts like that only serve to add to my frustration.

Fixing bugs that prevent you completing the main quest aka the game is non essential?
Those bugs are not so prevalent that it's essential. Read the Arkham Knight user reviews if you want to see a game where a patch is essential.

1.07 will be good for the people afflicted by those bugs, sure, but the fact that the patch is coming a few hours later than they might like is not worthy of this level of histrionics.

Those bugs are not so prevalent that it's essential. Read the Arkham Knight user reviews if you want to see a game where a patch is essential.

1.07 will be good for the people afflicted by those bugs, sure, but the fact that the patch is coming a few hours later than they might like is not worthy of this level of histrionics.

How is not being able to complete the game non essential? When 2 months passes and you still cannot beat Arkam Knights, you may have a point

Last edited:
Nope, they won't. Most of them would still complain about CDPR giving better service to console players and how they have abandonded the PC users because their patch was served first. If they would have made such announcement, the only people that would understand and patiently wait are those level headed ones; and right now these users(level headed ones) aren't precisely trashing CDPR because the patch was delayed 24 hours.

Last edited:
You guys need to work on your PR. Most of this could have easily been avoided if you simply said "PC version taking a bit longer so it'll probably be out roughly ~12-15 hours after the console version."

Most of us aren't some rabid group of people waiting to be pissed at you. Hell I've had an account here since 2007 and never bothered to post a thing until today. Just communicate with real details and don't treat us like idiots.

You guys need to work on your PR. Most of this could have easily been avoided if you simply said "PC version taking a bit longer so it'll probably be out roughly ~12-15 hours after the console version."

Most of us aren't some rabid group of people waiting to be pissed at you. Hell I've had an account here since 2007 and never bothered to post a thing until today. Just communicate with real details and don't treat us like idiots.

Exactly, i really don't understand the reasoning behind all of this. One sentence could have cleared this all up.

I hardly believe a short delay warrants a PR failure, now if consoles got the patch and PC didn't for let's say a couple days, a week, or whatever then I can see a lack of communication being an issue, but if we're talking a time-table of less than 24 hours for roll-out of the patch on all systems then I don't see a big deal here.

How is not being able to complete the game non essential? When 2 months passes and you still cannot beat Arkam Knights, you may have a point
The patch is an essential requirement for people who've encountered a game breaking bug to complete the game. I would guess that, based on the sheer number of possible unreproducible bugs in the typical open world game, there are always going to be some people who are unable to complete the game. Right now, I wouldn't say that there are enough people encountering enough difficulties to call it "essential" overall, as it would in the case of Arkham Knight, which is evident from the reviews and it being pulled from sale.

Semantics of the word "essential" aside, if you've been waiting 2 months you can wait a few more hours without melting down, dude, come on.

Top Bottom