Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
So CDPR now stands for " Console Developing Prioritized Realization".
Oh, so we can update it to "needlessly screwing over Europeans on consoles" as well as all PC gamers.

.. and there's me thinking Poland was in Europe.

Explain this 24h release window, because since 1995 I've once seen this kind of massive time delay for a patch roll-out.

People still spamming with this bullshit?

Attachments

• implied-facepalm.png
    implied-facepalm.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Neither on GoG. I'm also fine playing without the patch, 1.06 is just fine for me - but that crazy internet hysteria about it needs to stop. Soon.
(There, I used the evil word! :threaten:)

Oh, so we can update it to "needlessly screwing over Europeans on consoles" as well as all PC gamers.

Explain this 24h release window, because since 1995 I've once seen this kind of massive time delay for a patch roll-out.

The only explanation that comes to my mind is that you seems strongly bored and need to blame someone for it.

The coward's and "I was alive but I never even understood it" song.
I begin to suspect that the majority of those that don't really understand the problematic here are just little teenagers. Maybe you will learn, maybe you will not. If you will do will make the difference between your life being a misery or not.
The desire to get someone to listen to yourself is a good thing, but only when the surrounding society is ready for that, and when the requirements are based on objective information. Otherwise, you may add new problems to existing ones only.

I'm glad The Witcher 3 received such a nice large customer base, but man this community seems to have grown toxic. In the past CDPR delayed the game and people said: it's okay, just continue working on the game. Now a promised patch is scheduled for release within 24 hours and people burn the forums after a mere few hours since the announcement. There's still 10 hours before you are allowed to be grumpy.

From reading all this, it sounds to me you're all little kids throwing a tantrum in a supermarket.

Last edited:
My solution is simple, I have supported CDPR and GOG but if they can't at least be truthful about what they are doing and what they done then I will vote with my wallet and go elsewhere.

They stated they would release the PC version of the 1.07 Patch at the same time as the consoles which was bad enough in itself to delay the PC version for consoles but to then have the console users receive the patch first and we PC users are still hanging here waiting... Unacceptable.

Note I will never again own a console after having brought an XBox - invested a large amount of coin in it software wise to have that software completely go south because it couldn't be run on the newer console. Now they let you have one step back with your console but from my perspective they should have protected my software investment from the start so now I won't touch them. In addition they always seem to be under powered as can be witnessed by the frame rate locked at this and that which you see everywhere. So if you console users want to own consoles that fine I don't care but don't expect PC users who actually paid for decent hardware as opposed to a cut down P.O.C wait because your validation processes suck.

Remember when Marcin Momot unequivocally said that the graphics from the VGX trailer would be reproducible in the final game? We all know how that one turned out.

Remember when you played all those other open world RPGs that had such a vast graphical superiority to The Witcher 3?

I sure don't, the game looks absolutely amazing.

I'm glad The Witcher 3 received such a nice large customer base, but man this community seems to have grown toxic. In the past CDPR delayed the game and people said: it's okay, just continue working on the game. Now a promised patch is scheduled for release within 24 hours and people burn the forums after a mere few hours since the announcement. There's still 10 hours before you are allowed to be grumpy.

From reading all this, it sounds to me you're all little kids throwing a tantrum in a supermarket.

And I'll bet money that once they do get it they'll be the first ones back on here complaining.

It's as simple as this.

This patch is the same on all platforms, it went into console certification at least 1-2 weeks ago. That means the patch was DONE 1-2 weeks ago.
Which in turn means the PC version was just sitting there waiting for 1-2 weeks ready to be released, but waiting.

Now comes the time for the actual release and the PC version is STILL WAITING!!!! That is incredibly infuriating to see the consoles getting it first knowing PC could have had it 1-2 weeks ago.

Also them saying "we are working up until the last minute", that is a bold faced LIE. The only way they can get away with that, is to actually have 1-2 weeks of DIFFERENT changes on the PC patch that console version cannot POSSIBLY have.

So if the 'changelog' is the exact same, they just lied. Things like that compounds the problem and the anger.

If it was ready to go out on Console today/yesterday and has been now for 12-13 hours. The PC version could have been ready to launch on their servers days BEFORE today and just ready to DL at once.
The fact it isn't, just annoys me.

Originally Posted by cfc4ec4a
Remember when Marcin Momot unequivocally said that the graphics from the VGX trailer would be reproducible in the final game? We all know how that one turned out.
Remember when you played all those other open world RPGs that had such a vast graphical superiority to The Witcher 3?
I sure don't, the game looks absolutely amazing.
Damn, that will never stop. The subject there was not about the visuals, he was just making reference to the words said by Marcin. Implicitly, can he trust the declaration. I hope for Marcin that the patch will be release, otherwise he'll regret to give us an exact deadline time instead of the magical spacetime word : SOON! ;)

Top Bottom