Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Only in a universe where climax doesn't end in an x. You're looking for "anti-climactic". But that has nothing do do with believability or consistency. It has to do with the absence of a climax where there should have been one.

Ok, sorry. No native speaker here. I change it to what I wrote on the right side of the equation.

I don't know. Giving people stashes to leave the equipment behind, makes more sense and is more immersive, than carrying all that stuff on your back, or on the horse, which bags you can access even without Roach being there..
The stash is one additional gamey system. The inventory continues to exist in the same way it works now. So it's not like we were taling about a trade in for another system...

If I had any saying on that i would have preferred the Witcher 1 system from the start where you can only take one set of armour and weapons with you. That's immersive without being overly gamey imo.

And I don't see how a stash system in which the content from one stash is magically transferred to another stash in a completely different place (city, pub, even continent...) makes any sense or is any immersive. That's incredibly gamey and unimmersive tbh. And that's how these stashes will work, just like in every other mainstream RPG.

---------- Updated at 11:35 PM ----------

Weight limit in RPG.. we would be better without.
The game would be better without any traditional gamey inventory, I fully agree. Just one set of weapons, one armour (the one you wear) and a small bag for alchemy and crafting ingredients with a realistic weight and/or size restriction.

But that horse is out the barn...

Last edited:
And I don't see how a stash system in which the content from one stash is magically transferred to another stash in a completely different place (city, pub, even continent...) makes any sense or is any immersive. That's incredibly gamey and unimmersive tbh. And that's how these stashes will work, just like in every other mainstream RPG.

Well you are right, it's not totally believable, but more so than Geralt carrying 20 swords and 100 bear pelts.

But.

Game design will never be 100% realistic, because it's totally not worth it - the games would be boring and pain in the ass.
Imagine designing a realistic stash system:

You can buy a place in a stash in the inns all over the world. You leave things in them, but of course they don't transfer, they just stay in that place. Suddenly you remember, you need Yrden Glyphs you put in the stash. But where? What town? Which inn? Do you write it in the piece of paper and glue it to the monitor? With so many items it would be horrible to track them down.

It's just the only system that can work. Maybe you could do such a thing for a special hardcore mode, but not for a normal game.

Anti-climatic = unimmersive, reducing the believablity and logical consistency and integrity of the game and its systems

I think you're the only one that uses that word in that way.

Climactic is the adjective corresponding to climax. Climatic is the adjective corresponding to climate. The antonym of climactic is anticlimactic (one word, no hyphen). Anticlimatic could theoretically work as a word (to describe someone or something that opposes climate), but it’s usually just a misspelling of anticlimactic. http://grammarist.com/usage/climactic-climatic/

Well you are right, it's not totally believable, but more so than Geralt carrying 20 swords and 100 bear pelts.

But.

Game design will never be 100% realistic, because it's totally not worth it - the games would be boring and pain in the ass.
Imagine designing a realistic stash system:

You can buy a place in a stash in the inns all over the world. You leave things in them, but of course they don't transfer, they just stay in that place. Suddenly you remember, you need Yrden Glyphs you put in the stash. But where? What town? Which inn? Do you write it in the piece of paper and glue it to the monitor? With so many items it would be horrible to track them down.

It's just the only system that can work. Maybe you could do such a thing for a special hardcore mode, but not for a normal game.
Well, I know why it is done that way. That's why I think the game is better without such a system altogether. And CPDR obviously thought so as well so there would have been such a system from the start.

And I don't want Geralt to carry 20 swords neither. Best possible solution would be that he can't carry more than two swords altogether. If they should change/fix anything it's the broken loot system and broken economy. It's a pointless, boring, grindfest that doesn't enhance core gameplay at all. Without such a generic loot system you wouldn't need any stash and you also wouldn't need a huge inventory.

---------- Updated at 11:57 PM ----------

I think you're the only one that uses that word in that way.

Climactic is the adjective corresponding to climax. Climatic is the adjective corresponding to climate. The antonym of climactic is anticlimactic (one word, no hyphen). Anticlimatic could theoretically work as a word (to describe someone or something that opposes climate), but it’s usually just a misspelling of anticlimactic. http://grammarist.com/usage/climactic-climatic/

Yeah, already got it, thanks again. ;)

been encountering an issue in 1.06 where suddenly the camera become close on geralt and texture popping issues, will this be fixed in 1.07?

Well, I know why it is done that way. That's why I think the game is better without such a system altogether. And CPDR obviously thought so as well so there would have been such a system from the start.

And I don't want Geralt to carry 20 swords neither. Best possible solution would be that he can't carry more than two swords altogether. If they should change/fix anything it's the broken loot system and broken economy. It's a pointless, boring, grindfest that doesn't enhance core gameplay at all. Without such a generic loot system you wouldn't need any stash and you also wouldn't need a huge inventory.

Well, I will say that the system is not the biggest issue in the game, the bigger issue IMO is too much loot and too much UNIQUE loot.
Getting new fancy sword isn't that special. Maybe...maybe when you craft a new Witcher set...

But is that legit?
Because I heard that there is a bug qith that DLC, so maybe the it shouldn't come out this week and it is an error from SONY.

Ok, I've just checked her costume and it works fine in combat and in cutscenes as well, no problems whatsoever. Ciri looks badass now:)

1.07 must fix Roach's animation stutter!

Although it´s shiny and ready on my GOG Galaxy list, I'm still holding off playing this brilliant game (progressing beyond White Orchard, more precisely). I feel it will be worthy of a Nintendo "Seal of Quality" very soon, and I crave to play that game.

But it won´t happen as long as you don´t fix the "crippled Roach" animation bug!

Although it´s shiny and ready on my GOG Galaxy list, I'm still holding off playing this brilliant game (progressing beyond White Orchard, more precisely). I feel it will be worthy of a Nintendo "Seal of Quality" very soon, and I crave to play that game.

But it won´t happen as long as you don´t fix the "crippled Roach" animation bug!

But Roach is funny :/

Ok, sorry. No native speaker here. I change it to what I wrote on the right side of the equation.

The stash is one additional gamey system. The inventory continues to exist in the same way it works now. So it's not like we were taling about a trade in for another system...

If I had any saying on that i would have preferred the Witcher 1 system from the start where you can only take one set of armour and weapons with you. That's immersive without being overly gamey imo.

---------- Updated at 11:35 PM ----------

The game would be better without any traditional gamey inventory, I fully agree. Just one set of weapons, one armour (the one you wear) and a small bag for alchemy and crafting ingredients with a realistic weight and/or size restriction.

But that horse is out the barn...

hey cool opinion, good thing it is their game and they can change it however they see fit, i for one like the changes, and i like the inventory system and having as many weapons and armors as i can, this may come as a surprise to you, but it's a game #dealwithit.

Last edited:
hey cool opinion, good thing it is their game and they can change it however they see fit, i for one like the changes, and i like the inventory system and having as many weapons and armors as i can. #dealwithit.

Actually I bought the game with a certain feature set. Game devs shouldn't change game features or systems after release, especially if nothing was "broken" that needed fixing. If they want to change their game they should do so before they sell it to people. I expect them to fix issues with the game. That's about it. If they want to introduce other or new systems they should at least make it optional for the player (like a free DLC that can be disabled) and not mixing it up with bugfixes and performances improvements and stuff like that.

A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.

Only a few ? i mean... this game would requier a sh*t tons of performance enhancement.... ( AND visual.. like the "cutscene lightning... color scheme.. etc etc )

:/

Page 18 - I don't have the energy to scroll through and find if it's been asked.

What are the alternative (optional) moves response for Geralt?

Edit - wonder if that means optional toggle to 'auto dodge attacks'. .....Lol, now where's the fun in that. Might as well make a sandwhich while Geralt dodges attacks for awhile.

Last edited:
Top Bottom