Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Of course there is. CDPR is paid by M$ or was paid and I would not be surprised if M$/Sony asked CDPR to hold back the PC Patch to make Consoles look better. 1.04 as far as I remember was like 2 Weeks on PC before it hit Consoles and M$/Sony probably don't like that.

Unless you have bill gates signed document this is FUD, go get it

Both GOG and Origin (places where the game is also available) have solid refund policies. And AFAIK retail submits to standard refund policies. So honestly you could do this anywhere on PC.

You would have to admit it really hit home on Steam with the BAK debacle though. Everyone will be much more weary from now on.

I wasn't trying to "circumvene" complaints, complaints are in fact welcome and when constructed properly are what this forum strives upon. Simply claiming that CDPR held back the PC version of the patch due to console certification, without providing clear cut proof, is in fact FUD. If you disagree with that I'm all for it, but it's far from being "factually incorrect".

And calling someone a hypocrite is in fact a personal attack. But I let that one slide, because I like you.

Since you say that it is not for console certification, let's see how you explain the fact that there are some bugs in the PC version that are there for more than a month and CDPR already had the fixes ready for them (you can see it in the various threads when they replied that the bug was "already fixed"). Why it took so long to release those fixes if they hadn't to wait for all patches to go online together? If they really didn't care about posting a patch for all platforms at the same time they could have released an hotfix for those issues at last three weeks ago (issues that are gamebreaking in some instances), and yet they didn't.

I would like to know what excuse you will put out of your hat to explain why they waited so long to release a fix to those issues if they had no external motive to do such. Or are you now pretending that they are some sort of sadists that don't care if people cannot play the game in the meantime and they just waited because they wanted to have more things fixed before putting the patch online? You know, that would be even worse...

Last edited:
Use your fucking brain! How hard can it be? You can't just upload a Patch to the Sony/M$ Servers and its released. It has to get through Sony/M$ Certification and that takes 1-2 Weeks. And they released the Patchnotes last week, so the Patch was done last week 100%. There is absolutly no question about it!
They *did* apply some further changes to the pc patch just ~7 hours ago, though...

I experienced game breaking hard crashes from fast travelling on Skellige to Novigrad in following the Thread Quest. It was so annoying. Luckily there's a workaround. Witcher 3 is still pretty buggy and im not sure if the patch fixes it. And today too in Kaer Mohen, Lambert is not moving in the Final Trial quest after i killed off some flying sirens.

Since you say that it is not for console certification, let's see how you explain the fact that there are some bugs in the PC version that are there for more than a month and CDPR already had the fixes ready for them (you can see it in the various threads when they replied that the bug was "already fixed"). Why it took so long to release those fixes if they hadn't to wait for all patches to go online together? If they really didn't care about posting a patch for all platforms at the same time they could have released an hotfix for those issues at last three weeks ago (issues that are gamebreaking in some instances), and yet they didn't.

I would like to know what excuse you will put out of your hat to explain why they waited so long to release a fix to those issues if they had no external motive to do such. Or are you now pretending that they are some sort of sadists that don't care if people cannot play the game in the meantime and they just waited because they wanted to have more things fixed? You know, that would be even worse...

We all know they made the consoles priority LOL,i said this on a n4g article yesterday and i got disagrees
like it was a " sin " to even think such a thing,and viola a day later i'm like i wish i was wrong.

Ok a friend of mine in Ohio just got the patch downloaded. He says its 7 gig. Still waiting here in Europe, but Im sure its close.
If some of you guys have please tell us how the new movement for Geralt is.. and is roach better now? Details please!!

Ok guys, take it from someone who used to be a modder on these forums before joining CDPRed (so maybe I have earned some "street cred"): There is no reason for us to artificially delay a PC patch because of consoles. Actually, many patches so far have been released first on PC (1.06 was PC exclusive). We don't only fix general bugs and improve many features with 1.07, but we also fix issues specific to the platforms; of course including the PC. This means that while some platforms might be in the process of certification, the work on the others continues. Please be patient and have a little trust, it won't be long. This is my last answer regarding this issue, because soon you guys will be busy playing W3 with the new patch anyway - on all platforms. ;)
Finally, a clear and not interpretable "pr speak" statement. Thank you. I'm fine with consoles having it before us PC players if it was ready for them and not for PC, by the way.

we all know they made the consoles priority lol,i said this on a n4g article yesterday and i got disagrees
like it was a " sin " to even think such a thing,and viola a day later i'm like i wish i was wrong.

oh noes, x players on platform y can download a patch some minutes before i can, clear developer bias - it's disgusting, shameful, churlish, and insubordinate! Boycott!

You mean just like CD Projekt RED had no reason to artificially make the physical Gwent cards and cloth map exclusive to the XBone's CE? :^)

It's also no reason to downgrade the PC version too but CDPR did it. And PS4 version of the game are same as PC ultra with only 30FPS cap. So much for people paying thousands on a PC vs. someone who pays $399. Yes bad it is. And there are reasons for people to be upset on the patch now. No?

I think I might just go meditate for 24 hours... oh wait I can't 'cause I'll be here hitting F5 ;)

In all seriousness though, thanks CDPR for putting up with this <3

Oh, c'mon, don't treat us for idiots (from modder to modder). It's obvious that while you wait for certification you continue fixing some things for the PC, but it's obvious that this time around you purposely waited to release the 1.07 patch so it could be ready for all platforms together. Why? Because many console players were a little angry that they had to wait for the patches and they didn't come as soon.

I know that you aren't in a wonderful position with this thing (that, however, I must add, you put in by yourself with your policy this time around that has forced you to make many concessions that before you didn't have to) but at last don't treat all of us as some idiots that don't know what's happening.

I personally have nothing against patches releasing for all platforms together, but NOT when there are gamebreaking bugs that are waiting a month to be addressed for a specific platform and that are actively blocking users to continue their games (see for example the HUGE issue with the "follow the thread" quest and the last DLCs). In that case you MUST at least put some hotfixes to resolve those issues asap instead of pointlessly waiting for PR/marketing problematics, even more if that platform constitutes your more faithful and former fanbase.

At last I sincerely hope that after all this time something will have been done about the POP-INS plaguing the PC release, elsewhere it's really obvious you care nothing at all about PC at this point.

You make a good argument and it could be the truth for all I know, I have to object to your last sentence though, we all have seen much much worse . Remember Skyrim on release? That awful UI ? the horrible mouse acceleration ? the low res textures!? the buggy quests? common dude this release is nowhere near as bad as that. I used Skyrim as an example because its the modder's baby.

Stop whining & wait for the patch to be released! Just like 90% of The Witcher 3 adult players & no matter what platform you play on.
Do you spoiled nitpickers realize how disrespectful you sound, talking about getting refunds and such? I would not be surprised if CDPR's devs lost their faith in job/patching well done just by browsing the forums and reading your stupid impatience... Shame on you for degrading the community.
:facepalm2:

It's also no reason to downgrade the PC version too but CDPR did it. And PS4 version of the game are same as PC ultra with only 30FPS cap. So much for people paying thousands on a PC vs. someone who pays $399. Yes bad it is. And there are reasons for people to be upset on the patch now. No?

PC Ultra settings is definitely superior to PS4. I own both versions of the game. The PS4 port is good and playable, but certainly not comparable with PC Ultra on a top-end PC that costs five times as much to assemble.

Use your fucking brain! How hard can it be? You can't just upload a Patch to the Sony/M$ Servers and its released. It has to get through Sony/M$ Certification and that takes 1-2 Weeks. And they released the Patchnotes last week, so the Patch was done last week 100%. There is absolutly no question about it!

Proof that patch was done 100 % last week please? Because patch notes means nothing. Or maybe u are just spreading FUD like others? Then nevermind but next time use ur brain when posting.

Top Bottom