Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
Honest question here, do you take your fans for complete idiots? Do you expect us to believe that the PC version just so happened to be ready for release on the exact same day when the console certification process for their patch is finished?

I'll go one better: How the hell can it take so long on GoG, their own company's distribution platform?

.. and here's another. If you really consider PC to be an equal platform, why is it almost lacking in any advanced graphics options? It barely looks any better than consoles. That's not a PC game, that's just almost a direct console port-- as in a bottom-priority afterthought.

Just as a note, CDPR had to concentrate on the console versions in this patch. I've played the game on PC and on Xbox1, and trust me, the Xbox1 version is a complete mess compared to the PC version. The console versions were pretty clearly back-seated for the PC version when you play them side by side. I'm not talking about problems with the weak hardware either, I'm talking about textures that decide to stretch of to a point infinitely in one direction, shoddy controls, etc. etc.

The consoles needed some love badly, and the PC didn't need nearly as much love because they already got it right to begin with.

No more tears PC players. Console w/ patch 1.07 might not even be as bug free as PC patch 1.06...

QFT! I have the game running both on PC (quite high end rig) and PS4. The PS4 is just filled with aweful bugs, performance issues, and so on. TBH I was sort of surprised in the first place that PC would be getting a patch at all, considering the state of the game on consoles. People are right when they say there isn't platform parity, the PC version is clearly the darling and best running branch at the CDPR office.

The text - ye gods, the text - or, a new kind of patch 1.07 thread

So, a while ago I emailed CDPR about how many spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors are within the text of the English version of Witcher 3. I happen to do a bit of freelance editing, so maybe I'm just more sensitive to this stuff than others. Offered to come to a non-monetary agreement to fix all of it for them (my list currently has 107 errors on it), but of course that was ignored. (Not really surprised.) Now, going through the 1.07 notes, I see there is something in there about this! A little heads up in the emails I was getting would have been nice, but mostly I'm happy about this. Nothing makes a game look more unprofessional than poor grammar, in my humble opinion. (Again, this may just be me.)

Now, let's hope they fixed it all. If not, they can still have my list. I guess we'll find out when it comes out for PC. (Waiting patiently, eyeing the Xbox players like they stole my honeybun.) :threaten:

I'´m reading the patch notes and the bug that mutagens don't apply properly on each load is not there.
Does the devs know about this issue?
So annoying :/

Wanted to go to bed 2 hours ago but can't stop reading the comments lol. I don't get why you're whining. They said the patch will be released for all platforms within the next 24 hours. For me that means everyone should be able to grab the patch within this 24 hours. So there are a lot of hours left. There is no need for crying around. Just wait and you will get the patch "soon" :D

How does a patch make it to consoles before being released on CDPR own streaming service? dafuq? Not that big a deal just odd.

Downloading it now on GOG ...

:wisegirl:

... Patch 1.06. Just wanted you guys to know that I just reinstalled the game. Good day everyone.

I agree, I absolutely HATE the fact that my chosen version of the game is getting SO MANY fixes and those fixes are being tested SO MUCH! I mean, why I can't I be the one to find out that one of the fixes needed more work on my own?? Why CAN'T I BREAK MY GAME? I PAID FOR IT!!!

Are they still debugging it at 1 am?

It is disappointing to see how CDPR is handling the 1.07 patch release for PC gamers. I bought the game on GOG solely so they got more of my money than if I'd bought it on Steam. Can we get an *honest* explanation as to why PC gamers are still waiting on the patch when it's already been certified and released for both console platforms?
dissapointed with how CDPR is treating the PC players this time around...

Is it THAT hard to wait until tomorrow?

:eredinfacepalm::facepalm2::facepalm:

Last edited:
Is it THAT hard to wait until tomorrow?

:eredinfacepalm::facepalm2::facepalm:

It's more the principle. Just what are they doing with the PC patch? Maybe looking at it whilst smoking cigars?

"Gentlemen, this is a fine patch; I say, shall we just watch it for a good few hours."

"No, Bob, we ought to actually release it on PC."

"Just watch the patch."

Unless of course they are still working on the patch in the early hours? Yea, I don't think so. GoG is their own platform, just what is the waiting around in aid of?

Again, it's the principle of this common "Ahh, just p1ss around with PC gamers, just for the fun of it."

How can it take a WHOLE DAY to upload a completely digital thing up to GoG and Steam? GoG indeed is part of their company, so one might think that would be the most direct route?

Last edited:
Top Bottom