Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
I've dowloaded the patch and I'm a bit disapointed. First, Geralt walk and run only. There is no more " slow walk " or gradiant speed with the left stick, but I can do it with the horse. Bugs like clouds in sky appears and disappears with magic. People pops without warning. I was walking in Novigrad and I found, by an unknow way, a whole area completely empty. No sign of life, nothing. Geralt himself is hard to control when you " walk " only. When he turns, he turns quickly and roughly. The stash is a GOOD idea, why only two tabs of our inventory we can stash ??

And the last, in some cinematics, NPC's clash with things around them and they find themselves up in the air.

There is a huge chance that almost all these thing should be experienced only by me. But Geralt moves, like no more slow-walking, no more gradiant speed with left stick, rough moves ... the stash that we can store only two tabs of our inventory ( maybee it's intended, I'm sure about it ),...cinematics with NPC who clashes the environement., must be knowned by others. I presume.

P.S. I know that some will won't understand the " why " of a gradiant speed or slow walking. If you love to run, keep the stick pedal to the metal, and don't worry about it.

Eh, i don't post much, still....sometimes all this fuss draws me out because i want to express my opinion or use some new cool smiley :hmm3:

Anyway,i've read a few pages of this thread and ,judging by the majority of the posts, i've to say i'm astonished at how many kids played this game... so much so that i wonder how many of them really understood it? :D
Really, people should chill down and i think the PC players (i'm on pc of course) around here are making themselves appear like self entitled clowns...
We are talking about possibly the best game in the last 5 years or so, that came out in a nearly perfect state, and people complain about having to wait some more few hours for the patch.
A patch that.....it doesn't only iron out the few bugs the game has, but ADDS features to the game! Go to any other company and ask for such a patch..they will give it to you....split it in 5 parts..each one for 4.99$ and rename it as "dlc".... so yes....i'm getting new content for free with few bugs ironed out...and yes i'm ok with waiting a few more hours...don't you people have anything else to do? I just watched an awesome movie :) "the omen" from 1976 go watch it, it's really good.
This opinion of mine goes to apply for so many other "complainers" on this forum....few weeks ago i think i read about someone not playing the game because of the horse! I mean, i agree...roach....he is not a fast minded horse....but reaching the point of not playing the game because of such a silly thing? I feel like people lost all sense of craft and want everything given to them right here, right now. If a person who never played the game nor watched any video, comes to read this forum, he would think that we are dealing with a game as broken as other recently released titles....(i'm not making any bat-names)
At the end of the day...treasure this game, because it really is a pearl in a sea of dirt, and be patient, in a year time when every content for this game is out it's going to be even more a pearl than it is now.

Eh, i don't post much, still....sometimes all this fuss draws me out because i want to express my opinion or use some new cool smiley :hmm3:

Anyway,i've read a few pages of this thread and ,judging by the majority of the posts, i've to say i'm astonished at how many kids played this game... so much so that i wonder how many of them really understood it? :D
Really, people should chill down and i think the PC players (i'm on pc of course) around here are making themselves appear like self entitled clowns...
We are talking about possibly the best game in the last 5 years or so, that came out in a nearly perfect state, and people complain about having to wait some more few hours for the patch.
A patch that.....it doesn't only iron out the few bugs the game has, but ADDS features to the game! Go to any other company and ask for such a patch..they will give it to you....split it in 5 parts..each one for 4.99$ and rename it as "dlc".... so yes....i'm getting new content for free with few bugs ironed out...and yes i'm ok with waiting a few more hours...don't you people have anything else to do? I just watched an awesome movie :) "the omen" from 1976 go watch it, it's really good.
This opinion of mine goes to apply for so many other "complainers" on this forum....few weeks ago i think i read about someone not playing the game because of the horse! I mean, i agree...roach....he is not a fast minded horse....but reaching the point of not playing the game because of such a silly thing? I feel like people lost all sense of craft and want everything given to them right here, right now. If a person who never played the game nor watched any video, comes to read this forum, he would think that we are dealing with a game as broken as other recently released titles....(i'm not making any bat-names)
At the end of the day...treasure this game, because it really is a pearl in a sea of dirt, and be patient, in a year time when every content for this game is out it's going to be even more a pearl than it is now.

Hear, hear

For fans, players and CD Projekt. A little candle in the dark.

Ok, first of all, sorry for lengthy post. I don't usually start new threads about stuff being already discussed elsewhere on the forums, and I'm sure this will dissolve pretty quickly but I just wanted to put this up.

I love The Witcher series. TW1 is one of my all time favorite games, and TW3 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's been covered extensively the appreciation that so many players have for this game, and people gushing with gratitude to CDPR for having made the game. I've felt privileged to have been given a game that I've enjoyed so much for "measly" 60 dollars.

For a few weeks now there has been a lot of anticipation for an upcoming patch, and now I read its coming within the next 24 hours, for all platforms and that's cool. I've been waiting myself. I can't tell you why exactly though, my game works pretty well and I've encountered very few bugs. Some minor annoyances here and there but nothing that's kept me from playing. I guess that this idea of an upgrade of some sort is very enticing, like an addiction. I just "must have it", for no particular reason. Sure there are some new things coming, but like I've said already, the game works really well for me, and I've really enjoyed every minute spent playing. I still gotta have that patch though...

Me, I'm usually not very active on message boards and social media, and never have been. But I've experienced, through the first two games, how CDPR treats their players. TW1 was supported way longer than is normal, and it was the same with TW2. Enhanced editions and whatnots. I remember seeing additional voiced content in TW1 EE, and in my experience, nobody does that. That kind of thing costs money to do, and usually there is little monetary reason to do something like that, specially for a new struggling game studio with a new IP. But CDPR stuck to it. They gave us the game they felt we deserved, and in return they've gotten a lot of respect from players since TW1.

Lately I've been coming here and catching up on any news and bits of info about TW3, I really love this game and can't wait for updates or whatever to enhance this love even more. But in so many threads there has just been so much anger, over a free update. Like I said, I get the impatience, I feel that way too. But.... I don't know, there is just so much disrespect in many of the discussions.

"CDPR is lying, they love money, PC gamers have it really rough and the consoles are being favored. They haven't worked at all on the patch for PC since the patch went into certification for the consoles. CDPR hate PC players, are lazy gits and they lie about everything."

I'm sorry but what the hell ?

Right now its Friday night, its almost 1am in Poland and they are dropping a patch. This means that there will be quite a few people, working over the weekend following up, and that there quite a few people working right now, bringing this patch to the masses, to the very people who say these things mentioned above.
I'm not gonna sugercoat it, this whole patch release has not been handled very well, neither by CDPR or by the people on forums worldwide. I think CDPR were doomed with this patch, release it to early and its not enough, to late and the impatience is making people angry. So many reasons for damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well I've only got one thing to say to CDPR and I don't really care for angry comments. You guys did a fucking awesome job with this game, and there are a lot of us that understand that you guys are really putting a lot into this. In between I've seen some real appreciation for your work, and I hope you guys are taking that to heart and know you got some very satisfied customers, even though we can be quiet.

I understand some people are having problems with the game, and that no game can escape the great Anger monster on the Internet, but really the insanity over a single patch, which in all likelyhood will not fix whatever is wrong with those people, is just so way over anything reasonable that I just had to write this.

Again, thanks to CDPR and the silent many who love this game as much as I do.

Expecting this to be moved, but I hope that the people who this is intended for get to see it.

Best regards,

A fan of The Witcher series.

I don't complain about the PC patch not being out yet, but it would be nice to know why the console versions are already out. I'm just curious what they may be doing now? Are they still working on pc patch? Hard to believe. Is it the old strategy of not announcing precise release times to avoid download peaks? They did this when the game came out: the download was available about half an hour before the officialy announced time. Very intresting.

How can it take a WHOLE DAY to upload a completely digital thing up to GoG and Steam? GoG indeed is part of their company, so one might think that would be the most direct route?

Uh, you realize that they aren't the same patch, right? One of them has tweaks and bug-fixes that are only applicable on the PC (Hairworks, etc.) and the others don't.

Principle... sure.

Until now all the patches have been released first on PC, so this " Fu*k pc gamers" is puuure nonsense. Please, staph.

Because of verification? That's nothing to do with favouring PC, it has everything to do with Sony and MS stupid slow console verification process.

---------- Updated at 11:33 PM ----------

Uh, you realize that they aren't the same patch, right? One of them has tweaks and bug-fixes that are only applicable on the PC (Hairworks, etc.) and the others don't.

What, you really think they are still coding the PC patch at roll-out time, at 1am in the morning? Please.

You sir/madam took the words from my mouth :smiling2:

Ok, first of all, sorry for lengthy post. I don't usually start new threads about stuff being already discussed elsewhere on the forums, and I'm sure this will dissolve pretty quickly but I just wanted to put this up.

I love The Witcher series. TW1 is one of my all time favorite games, and TW3 is one of the best games I've ever played. It's been covered extensively the appreciation that so many players have for this game, and people gushing with gratitude to CDPR for having made the game. I've felt privileged to have been given a game that I've enjoyed so much for "measly" 60 dollars.

For a few weeks now there has been a lot of anticipation for an upcoming patch, and now I read its coming within the next 24 hours, for all platforms and that's cool. I've been waiting myself. I can't tell you why exactly though, my game works pretty well and I've encountered very few bugs. Some minor annoyances here and there but nothing that's kept me from playing. I guess that this idea of an upgrade of some sort is very enticing, like an addiction. I just "must have it", for no particular reason. Sure there are some new things coming, but like I've said already, the game works really well for me, and I've really enjoyed every minute spent playing. I still gotta have that patch though...

Me, I'm usually not very active on message boards and social media, and never have been. But I've experienced, through the first two games, how CDPR treats their players. TW1 was supported way longer than is normal, and it was the same with TW2. Enhanced editions and whatnots. I remember seeing additional voiced content in TW1 EE, and in my experience, nobody does that. That kind of thing costs money to do, and usually there is little monetary reason to do something like that, specially for a new struggling game studio with a new IP. But CDPR stuck to it. They gave us the game they felt we deserved, and in return they've gotten a lot of respect from players since TW1.

Lately I've been coming here and catching up on any news and bits of info about TW3, I really love this game and can't wait for updates or whatever to enhance this love even more. But in so many threads there has just been so much anger, over a free update. Like I said, I get the impatience, I feel that way too. But.... I don't know, there is just so much disrespect in many of the discussions.

"CDPR is lying, they love money, PC gamers have it really rough and the consoles are being favored. They haven't worked at all on the patch for PC since the patch went into certification for the consoles. CDPR hate PC players, are lazy gits and they lie about everything."

Right now its Friday night, its almost 1am in Poland and they are dropping a patch. This means that there will be quite a few people, working over the weekend following up, and that there quite a few people working right now, bringing this patch to the masses, to the very people who say these things mentioned above.
I'm not gonna sugercoat it, this whole patch release has not been handled very well, neither by CDPR or by the people on forums worldwide. I think CDPR were doomed with this patch, release it to early and its not enough, to late and the impatience is making people angry. So many reasons for damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Well I've only got one thing to say to CDPR and I don't really care for angry comments. You guys did a fucking awesome job with this game, and there are a lot of us that understand that you guys are really putting a lot into this. In between I've seen some real appreciation for your work, and I hope you guys are taking that to heart and know you got some very satisfied customers, even though we can be quiet.

I understand some people are having problems with the game, and that no game can escape the great Anger monster on the Internet, but really the insanity over a single patch, which in all likelyhood will not fix whatever is wrong with those people, is just so way over anything reasonable that I just had to write this.

Expecting this to be moved, but I hope that the people who this is intended for get to see it.

Best regards,

Great post, I agree.

For me the lack of information is more frustrating than the patch not being out yet.

If CDPR had said we're just finishing (something specific) off before rolling out the PC patch, or we just noticed an issue with (something specific) last minute and are just getting that fixed ASAP before release, I'd have no problem with that.

However just having CDPR saying "wait, it'll be out soon" without giving any details as to why it's not out for PC yet does nothing to defuse the frustration, IMO.

Last edited:
Because of verification? That's nothing to do with favouring PC, it has everything to do with Sony and MS stupid slow console verification process.

Nothing you say? What about the "exclusive" patch 1.06 only for PC? And the Redkit 2.0 only for PC gamers? C'mon, give them a break. They're good people.

Best regards,

I will fly you from where ever you live and have your manbabies...
I <3 CDRed, screw everyone else.

Here some suggestions for people who cannot wait.
Play another game
Watch a movie/Tv series
Do something with friends
Take a nap
Buy the Witcher books and read them
No reason to go crazy for a small delay of a patch........
:smiling2:

Here some suggestions for people who cannot wait.
Play another game
Watch a movie/Tv series
Do something with friends
Take a nap
Buy the Witcher books and read them
No reason to go crazy for a small delay of a patch........
:smiling2:

I even went OUTSIDE today, it was amazing! I am ready for the patch but I'll survive until I see it on gog

Top Bottom