Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
First post, at the top of the page. The RED one.

Edit: My bad, "WAS" Pc exclusive.

You mean the one that allowed the exe to run? Woooooooo what an exclusive patch. PC has been .01 "ahead" since launch. No quest/item/crash/anything of substance was released on pc that wasn't on consoles.

There is no reason for us to artificially delay a PC patch because of consoles...

I think by now we're ALL very well acquainted now with 'developer-speak' and know there's very little truth to it... or do we still believe that there was no downgrade between the first witcher 3 video and the final release? Yeah, sorry to keep flogging a dead horse on the subject (it is relevant in this case), but you guys swore up and down that what we'd get would have no visual downgrade from what we initially saw, and FINALLY after release we got acknowledgement that you lied and just didn't want the truth to overshadow the release...

Also, you guys have shown a clear preference for pushing the console releases OVER pc, with those preorder console bonuses you ALSO (again, pinky-swear!!) PROMISED would never happen...

...so forgive me for treating this with a massive healthy dose of eye-rolling scepticism... and likewise I hope that others aren't fooled either... we've been down that road with you guys before, we know how 'truthful' developer-speak is when they're trying to calm down the masses who have a legitimate complaint... especially from CDPR... you guys did some pretty solid bridge burning and chewed up a lot of community good-will... so no. Not buying it... PC Patch is definitely done, but still being held back so that console owners feel validated, because that seems to be what you guys value most, unfortunately, and NOT the loyal PC fans who have been with you from the first game.

Nothing you say? What about the "exclusive" patch 1.06 only for PC? And the Redkit 2.0 only for PC gamers? C'mon, give them a break. They're good people.

Because unlike consoles, PC has a huge variety in hardware types. Modding isn't a thing on consoles so that argument is meaningless.

I'm not questioning their integrity as human beings; I'm questioning the reasoning behind arbitrarily making PC gamers wait for this patch; and it is arbitrary, as it's 1am and the patches are allegedly 'rolling out'. They also said it will release on all platforms at the same time-- this is demonstrably not the case. You really think they just happen to have finished the PC patch at exactly the same time console verification finished on both consoles? No, no, they are doing this as some kind of ridiculous PR thing.

If the PC patch is still being worked on, then why not simply tell us that?

Frankly the game is wanting in PC graphics settings. One would expect more from the PC version. Where are the ultra textures? Where is the terrain and object tessellation? This is near platform parity, meaning far less work on the PC version.

However, to put this all in perspective. The game itself is actually one of the very best I've ever played; but at the same time, I can see something of a disregard as far as the PC version is concerned in technical aspects. The game isn't well optimised on PC at all, only brute force can achieve 60fps. It's quite clear - like all companies - the PC allocation was far less than for consoles.

Eh, i don't post much, still....sometimes all this fuss draws me out because i want to express my opinion or use some new cool smiley :hmm3:

Anyway,i've read a few pages of this thread and ,judging by the majority of the posts, i've to say i'm astonished at how many kids played this game... so much so that i wonder how many of them really understood it? :D
Really, people should chill down and i think the PC players (i'm on pc of course) around here are making themselves appear like self entitled clowns...
We are talking about possibly the best game in the last 5 years or so, that came out in a nearly perfect state, and people complain about having to wait some more few hours for the patch.
A patch that.....it doesn't only iron out the few bugs the game has, but ADDS features to the game! Go to any other company and ask for such a patch..they will give it to you....split it in 5 parts..each one for 4.99$ and rename it as "dlc".... so yes....i'm getting new content for free with few bugs ironed out...and yes i'm ok with waiting a few more hours...don't you people have anything else to do? I just watched an awesome movie :) "the omen" from 1976 go watch it, it's really good.
This opinion of mine goes to apply for so many other "complainers" on this forum....few weeks ago i think i read about someone not playing the game because of the horse! I mean, i agree...roach....he is not a fast minded horse....but reaching the point of not playing the game because of such a silly thing? I feel like people lost all sense of craft and want everything given to them right here, right now. If a person who never played the game nor watched any video, comes to read this forum, he would think that we are dealing with a game as broken as other recently released titles....(i'm not making any bat-names)
At the end of the day...treasure this game, because it really is a pearl in a sea of dirt, and be patient, in a year time when every content for this game is out it's going to be even more a pearl than it is now.

" Self entitled clowns " It's a Personal Computer but let's move on shall we?
" .few weeks ago i think i read about someone not playing the game because of the horse! I mean, i agree...roach....he is not a fast minded horse....but reaching the point of not playing the game because of such a silly thing? "

Your experience is not mine,even more so there were many people annoyed by that animation.
Not really self entitled i would say,there's plenty of games you can play without stuttering animations so i chose to play them instead for the time being.
Which is a sense of craft,were it not for those people " complaining " you might not even know about it.(This is real beta testing which is lacking from the current industry).The complaint of a patch releasing earlier on certain systems goes either way,as a PC gamer you have to be vocal these days.

In the end we're all kids,we like to play games,and i personally will remain to be this way.

(Of course i'm not talking about guanoboy,i even advised not using that game as a substitute
i could not have foreseen that mess though)

Last edited:
Dear CDProjecktRed,

I am tired of waiting for this patch.
I was as patient as I could be.
I tried to do other things.
I tried to give you guys as much time to get this patch right.
I tried to think of all the things this patch will fix.

No more..

I have started my second play through...

Because unlike consoles, PC has a huge variety in hardware types. Modding isn't a thing on consoles so that argument is meaningless.

I'm not questioning their integrity as human beings; I'm questioning the reasoning behind arbitrarily making PC gamers wait for this patch; and it is arbitrary, as it's 1am and the patches are allegedly 'rolling out'. They also said it will release on all platforms at the same time-- this is demonstrably not the case. You really think they just happen to have finished the PC patch at exactly the same time console verification finished on both consoles? No, no, they are doing this as some kind of ridiculous PR thing.

If the PC patch is still being worked on, then why not simply tell us that?

Frankly the game is wanting in PC graphics settings. One would expect more from the PC version. Where are the ultra textures? Where is the terrain and object tessellation? This is near platform parity, meaning far less work on the PC version.

However, to put this all in perspective. The game itself is actually one of the very best I've ever played; but at the same time, I can see something of a disregard as far as the PC version is concerned in technical aspects.

"Patch 1.07 will be arriving on all platforms in the next 24h" 24 Hours

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/622088434279170048

Regarding the Pc version the textures are sharper, draw distance, ambient occlusion, lighting is superior. And ofc the Nvidia Hairworks. Also the optimization is very good, at least for me (R9 270x with 40 fps on high/medium). I know the graphics are not that UBER compared to the ps4 version, but the differences are pretty clear.

Not even interested in the patch anymore, if CDPR don't care about PC players don't even release the patch on pc, since console players supported you since witcher 1......

I can't hold on any longer is been a month and a week... Now I look at the youtube and see some kid on PS4 play it with the new patch. The inner rage is real.

Several Devs were online while the patches rolled out.

I just dont understand why no one just said "be patient, we need some additional time for the PC Patch...Sorry for that"

Just to be transparent... The delay is not a Problem... the Silence is!

Europe... still no patch.. And thats nbd cause its getting really late and I gotta work tomorrow. PS4 in rest-mode. Damn I really hope that patch is downloaded and installed when I get home tomorrow. That would be the perfect start of my weekend.

And its funny (and sad) to see a few PC-gamers trying their best to make the whole group look like assholes.

Not even interested in the patch anymore, if CDPR don't care about PC players don't even release the patch on pc, since console players supported you since witcher 1......

PC gaming is not going to make them bigger though.The PC market is declining in sales as we speak
and mobile gaming is also making ground,the thing is...... what communication do you really need?

I can't understand all this hating here....because of a patch...seriously?
When reading all this stuff you could think that the game is unplayable without the patch, which it isn't.
It runs just fine. All people who have no single idea about game development should really stop taking it as a fact that one platform is preferred over another.
Did anyone even read the sticky post of Benzenzimmern?
The consoles are fixed platforms which make it easier to patch while you have to consider thousand of different PC builds. It's clear that a quality test takes more time with such a huge ass patch. Smaller patches might be no big problem considering that last patches came on PC before the consoles. But this one seems to be big.
And you all would scream even louder if the patch would break your game. So just be patient and reconsider your priorities...it's just a game.
BTW: PC gamer here who prefers quality over rushed releases...and quality takes time.

Last edited:
I've seen enough, good night everyone. :sleepy:

Several Devs were online while the patches rolled out.

I just dont understand why no one just said "be patient, we need some additional time for the PC Patch...Sorry for that"

Just to be transparent... The delay is not a Problem... the Silence is!

"see guys the pc patch wasn't held hostage to make console players happy, we were just finishing it, it would have been too obvious to say we finished it at the same time console certification was done"

Unfortunately this patch seems to introduce more bugs which I expected tbh.People are gaining weight instead of losing it,game saying they're overencumbered while they clearly aren't and they can move normally.Also the achievement for getting all Gwent cards doesn't pop up after getting the missing Zoltan card.Maybe it's just console exclusive bugs,guess we will see when pc gamers get the patch

PC gaming is not going to make them bigger though.The PC market is declining in sales as we speak
and mobile gaming is also making ground,the thing is...... what communication do you really need?
Actually, the PC gaming software market is growing bigger year after year and most discrete GPUs targeted for gaming (especially from Nvidia) are breaking sales record at each release...

But even assuming you were right, that's not a particularly relevant argument anyway, so I'm not really sure why did you mention it in the first place.

This is misinformed garbage, if you really think that, you are deluded.

I can't understand all this hating here....because of a patch...seriously?
When reading all this stuff you could think that the game is unplayable without the patch, which it isn't.
It runs just fine. All people who have no single idea about game development should really stop taking it as a fact that one platform is preferred over another.
Did anyone even read the sticky post of Benzenzimmern?
The consoles are fixed platforms which make it easier to patch while you have to consider thousand of different PC builds. It's clear that a quality test takes more time with such a huge ass patch. Smaller patches might be no big problem considering that last patches came on PC before the consoles. But this one seems to be big.
And you all would scream even louder if the patch would break your game. So just be patient and reconsider your priorities...it's just a game.

Most of us understand that the pc is more complex than consoles. Most other developers somehow manage though. I've never seen full patch notes come out a week prior to the patch actually coming out. The fact they need to release such a huge ass patch across all platforms further highlight the game was not ready. 7 patches well really 5 i guess in 2 months is not a good thing. I was already annoyed by a simultaneous release, but yet again, simultaneous carries a different definition at cdpr, much like soon.

Top Bottom