Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
I hardly believe a short delay warrants a PR failure, now if consoles got the patch and PC didn't for let's say a couple days, a week, or whatever then I can see a lack of communication being an issue, but if we're talking a time-table of less than 24 hours for roll-out of the patch on all systems then I don't see a big deal here.

Then don't tell people its coming at the same time.

---------- Updated at 03:28 AM ----------

The patch is an essential requirement for people who've encountered a game breaking bug to complete the game. I would guess that, based on the sheer number of possible unreproducible bugs in the typical open world game, there are always going to be some people who are unable to complete the game. Right now, I wouldn't say that there are enough people encountering enough difficulties to call it "essential" overall, as it would in the case of Arkham Knight, which is evident from the reviews and it being pulled from sale.

Semantics of the word "essential" aside, if you've been waiting 2 months you can wait a few more hours without melting down, dude, come on.

i didn't and haven't melted down at any point. This patch is essential or it wouldn't exist.

If you have 3 quarters, 4 dimes, and 4 pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.

You guys need to work on your PR. Most of this could have easily been avoided if you simply said "PC version taking a bit longer so it'll probably be out roughly ~12-15 hours after the console version."

Most of us aren't some rabid group of people waiting to be pissed at you. Hell I've had an account here since 2007 and never bothered to post a thing until today. Just communicate with real details and don't treat us like idiots.
... Listen to yourself man. 12-15 hours. You're getting this worked up about a 12-15 hour "delay". There are not enough people getting mad about this to warrant a criticism of their PR, because most people can put that in perspective.

This patch is essential or it wouldn't exist
... By what standard? Do you think all patches that exist are essential? Do you think all the free dlc they've released is essential?

Last edited:
I hardly believe a short delay warrants a PR failure, now if consoles got the patch and PC didn't for let's say a couple days, a week, or whatever then I can see a lack of communication being an issue, but if we're talking a time-table of less than 24 hours for roll-out of the patch on all systems then I don't see a big deal here.

That is the issue. It shouldn't be a big deal, yet people are pissed. You could lay the blame 100% at the feet of 'whiny PC gamers' or you could think about what CDPR could have done different to avoid this.

Instead of saying "every version will be out within 24 hours" they should have just said "console patch going live now, PC patch going live in the next 12 hours (or so) as we are still tweaking it." Just tell people WTF is going on and you'll be amazed how well it works.

PC gaming is not going to make them bigger though.The PC market is declining in sales as we speak
and mobile gaming is also making ground,the thing is...... what communication do you really need?

PC sales are rising,PC is growing, WTF you're talking about? Try to inform yourself first.

---------- Updated at 03:49 AM ----------

Browse the hardware owned by most steam users,and a declining market as a whole is going to affect the enthusiasts as well.
Discrete and dedicated hardware is something they're moving away from.My point is that consoles already deliver the
most known architecture to work with and are also much more affordable.You think it's a coincidence so many games
are broken on PC lately? (Witcher3 not being an example because let;s face it Nvidia is having problems with their drivers)

It's not just about a growing market from one angle.

Search first, talk second. PC sales are grwoing both in software and Hardware, the new consoles are worthless, they can't even handle 1080p and 60fps, shut up wiht this nonsense.

Ok guys, take it from someone who used to be a modder on these forums before joining CDPRed (so maybe I have earned some "street cred"):

There is no reason for us to artificially delay a PC patch because of consoles. Actually, many patches so far have been released first on PC (1.06 was PC exclusive). We don't only fix general bugs and improve many features with 1.07, but we also fix issues specific to the platforms; of course including the PC. This means that while some platforms might be in the process of certification, the work on the others continues.
Please be patient and have a little trust, it won't be long. This is my last answer regarding this issue, because soon you guys will be busy playing W3 with the new patch anyway - on all platforms. ;)

Thanks for the reassurance statement. Well too many people are now mad because of the delay of the release but since you've explained it, I am just hoping that others are wise enough to understand what is going on. I know CDPR is trying its very best to provide an excellent support and services to its customers.

Because why the hell would there be a 24h release window? It seems entirely arbitrary if they wanted a supposed all platforms at once release?

.. and it will remain this way in our minds because they couldn't be bothered to explain this bafflingly large window. Is there one bloke locked in the cellar sending out these patches one by one with a 1mbp connection or something?

Because why the hell would there be a 24h release window? It seems entirely arbitrary if they wanted a supposed all platforms at once release?

Perhaps because they do not have total and complete precise control over when the Patch comes out on some platforms. For example it's already out for Playstation users, likely because their certification process cleared early and it was just automatically unlocked. On PC we'll probably have to wait until the studio actually gears up for the day (It's only 6AM over there), and perhaps even on Steam there's some kind of approval from Valve, so anyone not on GOG will have to wait a touch longer.

It's a safety measure. They know it'll be everywhere by the end of the day, but they can't give out utterly precise specific times, which would cause even more complaints and hassle.

Yup. In 24 hours it should be live across all platforms. Please keep in mind that there's still some time until the patch becomes available everywhere/for everyone. It's a great opportunity to go for a walk or to go hang out with your friends, etc.

Can't wait for the official announcement :) Platinum here I come!!! Thanks CDPR this is a great great news to all of us Witcher players :)

Perhaps because they do not have total and complete precise control over when the Patch comes out on some platforms. For example it's already out for Playstation users, likely because their certification process cleared early and it was just automatically unlocked. On PC we'll probably have to wait until the studio actually gears up for the day (It's only 6AM over there), and perhaps even on Steam there's some kind of approval from Valve, so anyone not on GOG will have to wait a touch longer.

It's a safety measure. They know it'll be everywhere by the end of the day, but they can't give out utterly precise specific times, which would cause even more complaints and hassle.

But this is exactly why PC gamers are annoyed, it means that the ready patch was delayed on purpose to let consoles get it first.

But this is exactly why PC gamers are annoyed, it means that the ready patch was delayed on purpose to let consoles get it first.

And you've come to that conclusion, how exactly?

Look it's up to each individual as to whether they believe Benz, or just want to take it as PR speak, but ultimately if you subscribe to his information then it's highly likely that even as late as yesterday, they were working and polishing the PC patch. It's possible that they might still have to come into the Studio today, and perform some kind of quick pass on it before they unleash it.

Certainly the patch hasn't been delayed on purpose, literally nothing is gained at all by doing that. Everything surrounding that is completely illogical, both from the perspective of CDPR in doing the act, and the thought process behind Gamers thinking that.

Dear moderators :hug:

Here is a hug everyone has been keeping you busy today .

Cdpr I have popcorn if you want to continue watching this study of the lack of immediate gratification and the effects it has on the internet .:pride:

Still not up on GOG. But it's 6:30 am in Poland, so guess we'll have to wait a few more hours at least until the staff get to their offices and upload it on GOG?

It's midnight here. 12 hours to go but thankfully (hopefully) around 8 hours of that will be eliminated by sleeping :D

Don't bother trying to explain it, he is the kind of guy who would sue Macdonalds because his Cheeseburger doesn't look like the picture.

I know perfectly how it works, thanks. I don't need a dumb teenager to tell me things I know from decades. However the fact that they can lawfully do what they please doesn't mean that you should be happy about it and you should always tolerate whatever action just because of it. But I suppose that for someone like you understanding this little difference is like asking for a drunk man to walk straight.

I already made an example of the type of people you represent, and you got all angry because I nailed it completely. So, maybe I can be a little naive, but you are the usual drug addict in need of its fix and caring about anything or nothing as long as you have it. You got your 70h of enjoyment from the game, so what the hell do you care about the fact that they lied throughout all preorder phase, they dumbed down the game appositely for the consoles, and they are pandering more and more to a casual audience. Sure, don't care. you got your fix, so asking for you to look at things objectively right now is futile.

P.S; Didn't you said you would address me anymore? I guess that even standing by your word is too much for you.

---------- Updated at 05:20 AM ----------

Certainly the patch hasn't been delayed on purpose, literally nothing is gained at all by doing that. Everything surrounding that is completely illogical, both from the perspective of CDPR in doing the act, and the thought process behind Gamers thinking that.

I have yet to wait for one of you that insist with this line of reasoning to explain with some coherent excuse why they didn't release fixes for some gamebreaking bugs that they had from at last three weeks if that's not the case. Look at the threads, ffs; it is full of responses from a CDPR dev that explicitly states that the bug is already fixed. Are you telling me that CDPR willingly waited around to release fixes for people that couldn't play the game anymore just because they wanted to release a big patch? Is this the motivation? Maybe it's better the explanation of them having to wait, isn't it?

Last edited:

Many of the posts in this threads proves that, given enough time, people will actively look for reasons to whine about anything. Even with CDPR's constant efforts in communicating and being polite to the community, people still come up with baseless assumptions out of nowhere and than it spreads like wildfire. All it takes is one over-entitled dousche claiming some conspiracy theory to be true, and a lot of others just follow suit without questioning anything and just bash the developer or the game for no good reason. Hell, some pages back I even saw a dude saying CDPR does not deserve his money for "slapping the PC fanbase in the face" by not releasing the patch right now.

Calm down, try not to get so euphoric over nothing and wait, people. CDPR is constantly assuring us they are working on it and doing their best. It will be out when it's out, and no ammount of crap you can say will change that. Sit down, play other games, go watch some TV and one day the patch will be here. Stop acting like little children..

you.. you right here is the problem with the current state of gaming. developers and publishers can do no wrong, and whenever anyone complains, rabid blind fanboy defenders shout them down as whiners and 'entitled moaners'... lest we forget this IS the company that lied about the downgrade, that lied about console preorder bonus exclusivity, and even shut down their official forums around the release of witcher 2, PURELY so that they didnt have to deal with questions or problems from the bulk of users during the release period... why on earth would you so eagerly jump to defend these guys, and attack the very group YOU are apart of (GAMERS, CONSUMERS take your pick), indeed the group that benefits YOU the most? the developer isnt on YOUR side, they really do not even care about you one tiny bit now that theyve got your money - why would you attack people who want a better scenario for ALL of us, and defend the only party that is the LEAST concerned with our satisfaction? CDPR are not 'good guys'... they're a business, nothing more and nothing less... and thats fine, thats THEIR part in the cycle... the LIMIT of their interest is in our paying of the product and doing JUST enough to try and secure repeat business - beyond that, they stop caring the moment they feel theres nothing more to be financially gained... and again, THATS FINE... thats their prerogative...

but likewise, its OUR prerogative to use our voices as a community to HOPEFULLY be heard, and let them know when we're unhappy about their behaviour.. THAT is OUR right, and indeed our duty.. its not whiny or entitlement to complain about quality or shitty work ethics... its our job to speak up and NOT to just sit back and shrug and say 'whatever, we dont care'...

NO ONE on this forum should feel the need to apologise or feel 'wrong' to fight for quality products and fight AGAINST shitty business attitudes.. its our duty to get the best we can for ourselves, because who else is going to look out for our interests? publishers? developers? give me a break...

oh, and one final thing... your line about " Even with CDPR's constant efforts in communicating and being polite to the community"... thats not being a good developer, thats called marketing and customer relations... its also called bullshitting... cdpr sure were so nice and polite and reassuring about how 'nonsense' all that silly downgrade talk was, during the PREORDER period... of course they were, they had to be nice, and polite... they weren't telling the truth, they were putting on a smiling warm welcoming reassuring face while they lied purely to ensure maximum preorders... so don't talk such nonsense about their polite communications 'efforts'... they talk bullshit because thats what they're paid and told to do... thats not over-exaggeration or sensationalist or anything, thats the truth and it has very EASILY been proven in cdpr's case that THAT is exactly how they behave and how they communicate with their community.

Last edited:
But people can be polite and act like adults, to address problems and different of opinion.

YOU bought a product that clearly says in the contract, that YOU are bearing the risk if the product is not up to your standards.... The publisher/Design studio can abandon the game, at any time. Without warning and explanation... And you are destroying your life with a broken game...

Move on, walk away, if this grind your gears...

Top Bottom