Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
And for you that would take one week? C'mon...

It's pretty obvious that they waited for the console certification to be ready and in the meantime they just polished a little the PC version (maybe by also adding some fixes more specific to that version) and today they finalized it (with gameworks etc.)

But naturally you can think what you like.

One thing you need to take into consideration - consoles for the most part use standard hardware/software - whereas PCs come in a multitude of variations (which is why some people have suffered game breaking bugs that others haven't encountered etc). Therefore I would imagine that it would be a lot harder to replicate, isolate & fix bugs in the PC version compared to the console versions.

It's pretty obvious that they waited for the console certification to be ready and in the meantime they just polished a little the PC version (maybe by also adding some fixes more specific to that version) and today they finalized it (with gameworks etc.)

AMD constantly claims that Nvidia's Gameworks and specifically Hairworks cripples games for AMD cards, so yes I do believe it could take up to a week for them to iron out how to best utilize Hairworks for Nvida cards and keep the game playable for everyone else.

I buy Nvidia cards but I've read articles from both AMD's and Nvidia's points of views on Gameworks and Hairworks so I do believe it is challenging for developers to use it.

Last edited:

If its as you say then Im happy, more polish can't be a bad thing. The real problems would come with a buggy release, that is what Im worried about.

Patch is up on GOG and Steam, go get it!

GOG servers are getting hammered right now so you will experience disconnects or unresponsiveness. A little bit of patience goes a long way. :)

Some users report that it's easier to download from the GOG site rather than waiting for Galaxy. You can manually update and Galaxy should detect the new game version. (Galaxy users)

Make sure to manually check for the patch, some patches might be set up with a queue and not show up. In certain cases a restart may be required for the patch to show up. (Steam users)

Last edited:
One thing you need to take into consideration - consoles for the most part use standard hardware/software - whereas PCs come in a multitude of variations (which is why some people have suffered game breaking bugs that others haven't encountered etc). Therefore I would imagine that it would be a lot harder to replicate, isolate & fix bugs in the PC version compared to the console versions.

As I said many many times in this thread, practically 90% of the bugfixes in this patch were already ready ranging from three to two weeks ago on PC. Proof are the various bug threads in the PC technical section. So good attempt but no.

If its as you say then Im happy, more polish can't be a bad thing. The real problems would come with a buggy release, that is what Im worried about.

I don't know about that you can put a shine on horse manure - problem is its still horse manure

Patch is up on GOG, go get it.

I'm not seeing this in the UK.

Yes, I'm seeing that now too. I just hope that the framerate drop doesn't transfer over to the PC patch. But there are so many other improvements listed that I hope the net result is improved gameplay for all platforms.

Not at the expense of performance, the features are nice but I'm not willing to trade frames for them.

No, that's not obvious at all. "Waited for the console version" ... Where exactly are you getting this?? There's absolutely no evidence of this.

Do you realize the amount of things they addressed with this patch? Compared to any other pc patch? The truth is they have likely been testing the majority of these things for weeks, not days, and it's possible some of them were likely still not ready up until yesterday. And by "not ready", I mean they still were unable to run successful tests on the multitude of configurations they test on. It's a LOT of work. It takes hours on hours.

People really need to just leave this childish stuff out. It's embarrassing at this point.

Top Bottom