Patch 1.07 coming soon to all platforms!

+
A Note Regarding the PC Patch-Delay Drama

I'm new to posting, though not to this forum, and having watched the ongoing debate over whether or not CDPR is determined to destroy PC gaming/the joy in life/your firstborn by withholding 1.07 from us while consoles received it either, I'd like to note something. The GoG update which I just now installed has patch files with compiled dates of 7/16, approximately 44 hours ago, which falls in line with the claim that work on the PC update continued even after the console patches were pushed out for certification.

Could the update been posted to GoG and Steam faster than 44 hours? Perhaps. Should it? I'm not so sure. Consider the fact that the majority of human players involved in the process of finalizing the patch and pushing it out to their worldwide CDN live in Poland, and considering that they are most likely humans who work normal business hours like the rest of us, then it's reasonable to assume 24 of those 44 hours weren't business related. Thus, a one day turnaround from going gold to pushing out a release seems much more reasonable.

Keep in mind, this was a (sizeable) incremental update, not an emergency fix to a broken game. I'm aware that some of you have experienced game breaking bugs, and if I was you I'd be understandably upset. But with the game only now approaching it's 2 month release date, and receiving the 5th, 6th, or 7th patch (depending on how you count) it's hard for me to justify the claim that CDPR aren't taking our requests seriously.

Food for thought.

EDIT: 2 month, not 1 month release date. One day I'll learn to count.

- downloaded the patch from GoG.com
- ran it
- 3 seconds later it froze
- 10 mins later still frozern
- killed the process
- tried to run it again
- "The patch does not support your version of the game, please download a new installer."

WTF does that even mean?! Am I being asked to reinstall the game as it makes no sense to re-download the patch again since it will be the same?

:skepticalzoltan:

Clicked play on gog - it's 1.07 ingame, but before that it shows this, any dev care to explain what that is?

Attachments

• dsgbdgdg.jpg
    dsgbdgdg.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
- downloaded the patch from GoG.com
- ran it
- 3 seconds later it froze
- 10 mins later still frozern
- killed the process
- tried to run it again
- "The patch does not support your version of the game, please download a new installer."

WTF does that even mean?! Am I being asked to reinstall the game as it makes no sense to re-download the patch again since it will be the same?

:skepticalzoltan:

Sounds like your download was corrupted. GoG servers from post at top that is stickied states there are server issues going on.

Haha nice speed gog. Download was finished in 2 Minutes :D
Installed englisch version over my german installation. Seems to work pretty fine.
Ciri DLC also installed without problems after the patch. Here we gooo agaiiin!

Oh, there is just only 4 minutes before I and PCler-Community must fetch the pitchforks and the torches. Oh, oh. ;-)

Sorry to ask that question (I am sure the answer is somewhere in these 166 pages but can't find it :( Really sorry) :

When I try to download fron GoG website, I do have a small exe file. I do launch it but it does ask me to insert disk 1..

What is the solution please ? Sorry again if that question been already answered.

Regards. :hmm3:

The patch is split into 2 files (part 1 of 2 and part 2 of 2). Have you downloaded both?

Why so huge difference with GOG and Steam?

Differential installer.
GOG customizes their installers with only differential informations, so if a file is altered by the patch it only applies the altered bits. Galaxy and Steam replace the file completely.

I just downloaded the english patch. Is there a reason to wait for a German patch? As far as I know the patches and game files don't depend on language except of language packs ofc.

Yes, because in the download list exist a patch 1.02 + 1.06 delivered separately (german filter on Top).

How do I manually install the patch from the files at GOG.com?

Go to the site and then in your library, DL with your browser.

I decided to join the fray and it said I needed a new installer. DL both files a second time. People on Steam are already reporting issues, lets hope that stuff is isolated.

...tried a second time and now it's asking me to insert a disk...??? I got this from GOG, lol.

Last edited:
No luck, Galaxy auto update doesn't do anything, link to GOG Downloader gives "403 forbidden", manually updating thru Galaxy results in connection problem. It's not all bad, though, I just had pizza ;)

Patch is up on GOG and Steam, go get it!

GOG servers are getting hammered right now so you will experience disconnects or unresponsiveness. A little bit of patience goes a long way. :)

Some users report that it's easier to download from the GOG site rather than waiting for Galaxy. You can manually update and Galaxy should detect the new game version. (Galaxy users)

Make sure to manually check for the patch, some patches might be set up with a queue and not show up. In certain cases a restart may be required for the patch to show up. (Steam users)

Must I restart my computer, too, if I didn't see any 1.07 patch-link on the gog-webside?

Then it's just Galaxy failing to connect to GOG servers (temporary setback). You can still launch the game from your game's folder, you just won't have Galaxy features (game time tracking, achievements, etc.).

I can still launch the game from the client though - even though in the Galaxy client it states its 1.06 it is 1.07 in the game.
Will the galaxy client still track and add achievements in this state?

I can still launch the game from the client though - even though in the Galaxy client it states its 1.06 it is 1.07 in the game.
Will the galaxy client still track and add achievements in this state?

His post literally says your answer that your quoting. It will not track game tracking time, achievements and such. Galaxy features are disabled.

Top Bottom