Patch 1.07 - Expectations

+
Hoping for the following:

Option to disable auto-sheathing.
Option to disable the recap animations on loading PLEASE!!!!!!!!
Improvements to the pop in of static meshes and textures as well as NPC's. Either that or user control over their display distance and detail.
Inventory UI adjustments. A separate category for books.
Storage.

Hope for:

Global (and mappable) pause key to pause the game in any moment (dialog, cutscene, animations ecc.)
I'm using ALT+TAB for pause the game but causes a lot of problems.

When will be release the patch ???? how manny I have to wait to play game normal ?... not 1 day play... 3 weeks not .. and more...

Please, add some variety to beast trophy bonuses. They have (mostly) the same bonuses of bonusEXP for human or monster killing. More variety is welcome.

Also, i wouldn't mind if monster hunt quest giver take monster trophy from you after you kill it and bring proof.

I expect the patch to completely revamp the game engine (so texture pop-ins won't appear anymore). At least that would explain why it is taking them almost a month by now to churn it out ;). But in reality it'll probably be a new gwent card set and adjustments of the igni sign (just like it took them 10 days to release the "hotfix" 1.06 which has kind of lowered my expectations as far as 1.07 is concerned. I mean if it takes them that long to deliver a measly hotfix to some minor hot fixes I have very limited expectations what they might have accomplished in the last 2 weeks as far as 1.07 is concerned).

Last edited:
Apart from bugfixing the one feture i would want is to make the game stop sheethe and unsheethe the swords all the time. There is a button for this, let us use it.

Please, everyone, CDPR team needs to prioritize so don't spam them with nice to have wishes. That would be good for those paid expanstions.

To be me the game is pretty much fine already, maybe I just wish the following to be addressed:
- game crashes. For me it crashes once, twice a day in (as of 1.06):
Crash reason: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (3221225477), Error reading location 0xa93a15cc
- fix bugged quests (most of them already reported by people)
- fix npc appearing at point blank range bug
- fix information on Cat's armor weight on schematics (looks like different metadata fuelled schematics and actual armor)
- perhaps change default color palette to be colder or provide some .ini setting for it so that people don't need to reshade. I don't consider this a "bug" but imho it ruins "vanilla" experience when recolored (not mentioning the SweetFX preset that emulates VGX trailer) Witcher looks miles better

As for horse stuttering. I disagree with all people here.
Yes, Roach is stubborn and occasionally stops when it shouldn't but this is how horses are in real life. Horses are among "sissier" animals. They are afraid of anything. That's why I like the way horseriding works in the game even though it's annoying at times :)

Thank you for this awesome game :)

Last edited:
Seriously, no news on the patch makes me super sad. I figure that if we haven't heard anything today, we're looking at a patch the Friday after next (as in, not in 2 days, but in 9) at the earliest. And that makes me so very very sad, cause I can't play till they fix the bloody quest bugs. Seriously, CDPR, I get that you're trying to put out Mega Patch. But stop. Just stop and release regular patch that fixes the main issues that people are having. You can worry about Mega Patch later, when the game bloody well works.

Some things that in theory should be really easy to put into the game would be nice, like:

- option to turn off auto-drawing and auto-sheathing of swords
- option to have Hairworks enabled for everything but Geralt
- option to have Hairworks enabled just for Geralt's beard
- possibility to sell or dismantle crossbow bolts
- possibility to use offensive signs like Aard while on horseback
- dedicated inventory category just for books, letters, notes, etc
- option to turn off auto-refilling for alchemical items
- smoother, less choppy steering animation for Geralt while on a boat
- inclusion of some kind of stash which can be accessed at certain locations like inns, taverns or abandoned Witcher hideouts

This. This. This. This. This. This.

Plus...possibility to use torches while you are on horse.

Stash is long overdue. It really is unbelievable it was not in the game upon release. The first two Witcher games had storage. Why on earth would you not include that in this game?

Top Bottom