Patch 1.07 - modding related changes

+
Patch 1.07 - modding related changes

• The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\content0\bundles\blob.bundle was not changed, therefore mods that were installed into this folder should work fine (i.e. Cutscene Lighting Mod)
  • The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\content\patch0\bundles\patch.bundle was changed by the new patch (as expected really). There are 2 options:
    • If the given XML was not modified by the new patch, then reinstalling the mod may be enough to get it working, however the file sizes may differ, so this is TBC really
    • If the given XML was modified by the new patch then we need to wait for the mod author to provide new version
  • Debug Console Enabler mod does NOT work in 1.07 game version and you have to uninstall it, otherwise your game won't run (well, it will if you don't ackonwledhe the error message, but I'd not risk running it like that :) )
  • After running the 1.07 version of the game the configuration files are reset to default settings. When set to max (Ultra/Uber) settings again it tunrs out that the user.config file was trimmed from 214 lines to 195. Some settings were removed, however this section was added:

[ContentManager/Mods]
MaxNameLength=64
Enabled=true

Interesting, to say the least :)

I'll post more detailed report for user.settings changes soon.

::EDIT::

Detailed user.settings changes in patch 1.07:

Removed entries:

[Hidden]
HasSeenDLCMessage=true

[Budget]
everything was removed, apart from:

TerrainTileMipDataBudget=100
TerrainTileMinTimeout=2
TerrainTileTimeout=10
OcclusionQueryAdditionalMemory=5
TerrainTileLoadingTimeout=5

Added entries:

[ContentManager/Mods]
MaxNameLength=64
Enabled=true

[Scripts]
DebugScriptsForceFlush=true
DebugScriptsLogDir=
Enabled=true

[Rendering]
HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit=5
HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality=1
HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit=2
TerrainScreenSpaceErrorThresholdFar=3.5
HairWorksGlobalDetailLODFactor=1

Last edited:
[*]Debug Console Enabler mod does NOT work in 1.07 game version and you have to uninstall it, otherwise your game won't run (well, it will if you don't ackonwledhe the error message, but I'd not risk running it like that :) )

Oh, so this is why my game won't run. And now I delete it and I'm restalling it (30 fucking GB)
goddamit, fuck this patch.

You didn't have to reinstall the game, it was enough to remove the mod. The previous patches also affected this mod, so you should be more careful when modding your game, not the patch's fault mate.

Anyway, I edited the OP and included the detailed changes to the user.settings file.

You didn't have to reinstall the game, it was enough to remove the mod. The previous patches also affected this mod, so you should be more careful when modding your game, not the patch's fault mate.

Anyway, I edited the OP and included the detailed changes to the user.settings file.

I know, I'm an idiot, but now I need to vent my rage.

So I've been trying to update my mod to 1.07 but after injecting the xmls into patch.bundle they don't seem to be in game. At least geralt_skills.xml and effects.xml are definitely not working (although def_item_ingredients seems to be working). Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

I"ve changed both the versions of geralt_skills.xml, in gameplay/abilities as well as gameplay/abilities_plus

So I've been trying to update my mod to 1.07 but after injecting the xmls into patch.bundle they don't seem to be in game. At least geralt_skills.xml and effects.xml are definitely not working (although def_item_ingredients seems to be working). Anyone have any ideas why this might be?

I"ve changed both the versions of geralt_skills.xml, in gameplay/abilities as well as gameplay/abilities_plus

Make sure your backup bundle file is not in the same folder since the game will use the backup file. So ensure you backs are not in the game folder period, back em up somewhere else and then try.

Zeypheruk you're a freaking Genius! I thought being in a subfolder of my own making would be sufficient, but apparently not. Thank you so much!

Hey rootstrat, love your work. For the graphics in 1.07 to be at least as good as they were with your guide for 1.06, do we need to add the lines to the user.settings file that were removed? Or will that not work?

Also,
[ContentManager/Mods]
MaxNameLength=64
Enabled=true
is all the hype in the world!!

Edit: I also noticed another line added under rendering: TerrainScreenSpaceErrorTresholdFar=3.5
Edit2: And this one was also removed: WaterGeometryQuality=10

Changes I noticed in the rendering.ini file:

added (all under rendering):
DynamicDecalsChunkLimit=30
HairWorkstGlobalDensityLimit=2.0f
HairWorksGlobalDensityQuality=1.0f
HairWorksGlobalDetailLODFactor=1.0f
HairWorksGlobalWidthLimit=5.0f

Hope this helps you update your TW3 modding guide :D

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the report.

Top of my head - WaterGeometryQuality=10 was added by myself, this line was not in the original user.settings file. There now is a setting in the graphic options that controls the water quality, but it's not changing anything in the said file, so I'm wondering if it's controlled via a setting in a different file (rendering.ini or something like that). Will need investigate. As for the other stuff, I'll check it out, thanks for pointing it out.

Remember that the support thread for the guide is in the STEP forums (link in my sig), so if you have any questions please post there.

Also, the guide is non-usable for 1.07. It was a massive patch and I need to check everything out. There already are new mod versions coming out, so I'm hoping to have the new guide version out as soon as.

Top Bottom