Patch 1.08 Change List Released

+
Patch 1.08 Change List Released

From shacknews, as of 90 mins ago {http://www.shacknews.com/article/90607/the-witcher-3-108-patch-notes-released}

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Patch 1.08 Changelog:

PERFORMANCE:

• Overall improvements to performance, including some issues that may have been caused by 1.07.
UI:

• [Japanese Only][PS4 Only] Fixes an issue where the background text of certain books would flicker.
  • Fixes an issue where part of the Kaer Morhen map would not display properly.
GAMEPLAY:

• Fixes a rare issue where items would disappear from the stash.
  • Fixes a very rare issue which would cause Geralt to get stuck when trying to run.
  • The interaction pop-up will no longer appear on lootable objects that are empty.
  • Fixes an occasional glitch in one of the dwarf combat animations.
  • Heads chopped off during finishers will no longer disappear.
  • “Players can perform a roll just before landing to significantly reduce the damage caused by falling.
  • We’ve added a tutorial pop-up window explaining this to make it clearer.”
  • In patch 1.07, the level requirements for certain items were scaled up, leaving some players stuck with only unusable gear. With patch 1.08, we are introducing the Wolven Hour potion. This potion will be available in everyone’s inventory once they install the patch. It will reduce level requirements on all gear for a period of one hour. This will give players time to level up or find alternative equipment using the gear that was available to them in patch 1.05 but became unusable after patch 1.07. After one hour, the potion’s effects will cease and the requirements for all gear will revert to their original, pre-potion values.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to compare their items with ones sold by merchants.
ACHIEVEMENTS:

• Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
  • Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).
GRAPHICS:

• Fixes an issue where interiors would sometimes not display properly on the minimap.
  • Fixes an issue where certain world elements would sometimes be missing and noticeable visual glitches would be present while in Novigrad.
QUEST:

• Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the “It Takes Three to Tango” quest, even though they had obtained wine at the Kingfisher.
  • Fixes an issue where Geralt would sometimes die after traveling to Velen in the quest “Something Ends, Something Begins.”
  • The entrance to the area where the Sunstone is obtained will no longer be blocked off if the player exits it prematurely during “The Sunstone” quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to complete the “Get Junior” quest on certain occasions.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the “Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear” quest due to a closed gate.
  • Fixes an issue where some players were unable to investigate rooms during the “Family Matters” quest, effectively blocking their progression.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to finish the “Hey, You Wanna Look at my Stuff?” quest.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the “An Eye for an Eye” quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Roche would stay at his camp instead of going to the Oxenfurt Bridge in the “Get Junior” quest.
  • Fixes an issue where, under certain circumstances, Yennefer would not appear in Oxenfurt during the “The Great Escape” quest.
  • Drowners will have a harder time killing Nidas during the “Black Pearl” quest.
  • Fixes an issue which led to an infinite loading screen during the “To Bait a Forktail…” quest under certain circumstances.
  • Fixes a rare issue where the basement was locked during the “King’s Gambit” quest.Fixes an issue where players were unable to free the merchant during the Person in Distress event in the Claywich area.
  • The trolls at the Circle of Elements will no longer attack Geralt if he opts for a peaceful resolution.
  • Fixes an issue where players were unable to talk to Roche during the “Brothers in Arms” quest.
  • Fixes an issue where Zoltan’s card was unobtainable.
GENERAL:

• Preparatory features paving the way for the introduction of New Game + in the future.

---------- Updated at 01:04 PM ----------

I'm encouraged to see the framerate and card collector issues will (supposedly) be fixed. I'm also encouraged to see a modest handful of broken quests fixed.

Unfortunately, I dont see a clear fix yet for the "Racing: Crow's Perch" quest disappearing from questlists, thereby blocking the racing and plat trophies. I'm surprised they didn't prioritize that, since it's a platinum blocker, and it's unclear from the vaguely worded 'achievements working properly' bullet what exactly was fixed, and whether it was just for PC or also for consoles.

I'm also mildy disappointed that even though 1.05 & 1.07 broke two of their own DLCs, they apparently still wont have fixed that with the forthcoming 1.08.

Next, the new shoulder roll to reduce falling damage sounds like a waste of manhours, when they could have just scaled back the excessive damage slightly to be more consistent with other games. I'd have liked to see them spend that same coding time tweaking the absurdly unbalanced crossbow stats, and fix the headshot recognition problem with the marksman trophy.

Last, I'll say it again ... we shouldnt have to track changelog information down through 3rd party sites and repost it ourselves. The appropriate personnel should be posting it here in timely fashion, rather than leaking it through personal social media.

Just my quick $0.02. Still no word on when 1.08 will actually be released to the community.

Last edited:
I'm so far interested in only this one single thing:

Fixes an issue where players were unable to complete the “Get Junior” quest on certain occasions

Want to know clearly, what exactly is meat by this one. If it just means only, that it fixes some yet for me unknown bugs, cause at least on PS4 there exist no problems at all with "completing" the quest...
I just personally hope only, that with this Fix is litereally meant with completign that quest, that it finalyl becomes possible to coplete this damn mess of a quest without a single Fail Mark, and that together with finishing Gangs of Novigrad. The last one is already possible, but currently it punishes ypou with a stupif Fail Mark for somethign, that the Game until that point doesn#t even tell you, that it exists, so a player can't even know until this point that there is a consequence for somethign, that is 100% optional!!
I hope this will fix that silly Secret Passage Mark, cause its 100% optional, how you enter Juniors hideout and the consequence beign only, if you have to kill more or less thugs from him at the courtyard, including those 2 gate guards for a bugged key, that you receive from atheir corpses like 10x when you need only 1 (lol)n is totally irrelevant.

If that will get fixed, my hype for this game will get instantly renewed again

I thought you could already shoulder roll anyway. I am not that interested in seeing they fixed rare and extremely rare issues, Spend more effort on the common issues and then clean up the rare issues when everyone one is too happy to notice them. It's a little technique known as prioritization!!

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Players will now be able to complete the Card Collector achievement.
Achievements are now working properly again and will be unlocked if players meet their requirements after installing this patch (PC version).

ok, what's that supposed to mean? PC VERSION? so what about PS4 and other console?

So console not included?

I hope CDPR will fix draw of distance.
[video=youtube;GL-oeoqCYdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-oeoqCYdI[/video]

I hope CDPR will fix draw of distance.
[video=youtube;GL-oeoqCYdI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-oeoqCYdI[/video]

The draw distance is absolutely horrible after 1.07 on Xbox One too.. It's especially noticeable on roads, streets, and fields without grass in them.

Last edited:
Fixes an issue where players were unable to free the merchant during the Person in Distress event in the Claywich area.

Will this be a fix for the overall quest, or just the folks having problems freeing the merchant? (getting keys to drop etc) I ask as I'm one of those people who freed the guy, but he's never made it back to Claywich, just completely dissepeared, never arrived, Also what about the folks who freed the guy, but he never leaves his cage? There's a few permutations for how this particular event has gltiched, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) they're all going to be incorporated. Surely it'd be simpler to just drop a merchant with the Gwent cards everyone's looking for at Claywich regardless?

I've already got the platinum thanks to an easy gwent card speedrun playthrough pre 1.07, but it'd be nice to have a full deck for my primary Death March character.

:cheers:

Anyhoo, thanks for everyone's efforts and the various fixes, looking forward to newgame+

Last edited:
Patch 1.08 did not fix the locked crypt gate bug on the PS4. Just installed the patch and tried it. Though I had completed the main game, I still had an older game saved and loaded it to try the patch but no joy.
Anyone else have the same problem???

Basically, just reloaded my oldest saved game, Closed the game, opened it again and was able to complete the treasure hunt. However, Skellige's Most Wanted doesn't work. Can't kill the Werewolf or the Ice Troll though their health meters are blanked ????

patch 1.08 error/bug;
in "skellige's most wanted" quest, the werewolf STILL do the infinite animation bug! effectively NOT completing the quest.
i was hoping the patch would fix this also, as i have just completed the "hey, you wanna look at my stuff" quest.
:(

another hour lost from my life, to test 1.08 on ps4 ...
the only improvement that i can see is the patch was released in time for SCEE.

fps is still droping drastically in bog and in novigrad, Roach is stupid like a blonde who use Head and Shoulders to wash her shoulders on shower, game still crash after 1 hour of playing time.

for quests bugs i cannot say anything, i just stop/finish to play main story just before the infamous 1.07

after update to 1.08 novigrad getting worse, every time walking get blur from loading, dialogue out sync, loading npc texture, flying npc sailor on sea, finish quest appear again.

after update to 1.08 novigrad getting worse, every time walking get blur from loading, dialogue out sync, loading npc texture, flying npc sailor on sea, finish quest appear again.

Yep, same here. Also, I keep hitting invisible walls while riding in Velen - basically making the game unplayable. This patch has ruined the game for me.

Top Bottom