Patch 1.08 introduced micro-stuttering for the entire game.

+
Patch 1.08 introduced micro-stuttering for the entire game.

I have been monitoring the -rather poor- performance of this game from patch to patch. I have come to the conclusion that in terms of performance, version 1.05 was the best.

Unfortunately patch 1.08 is disappointing. As the subject says , version 1.08 introduced micro-stuttering all over the game. It happens all the time. It is not as grave as it was upon the game's release, but it is there , it is subtle and it is constant regardless of where you are. Very annoying.

I dont know what is happening with this game performance wise really. It seems like a mess. It is not enough that 1.07 and 1.08 messed up framerate in various occasions, it reintroduced the stuttering issue.

If I could revert back to 1.05 I would do so in a heart beat. In fact I feel that any plea for a proper,definitive response in regards to the game's performance on PS4 will fall on deaf ears, so I literally am asking for a way to revert back to 1.05 if possible...

Come on guys (CDPR) you need to at least give us an update as far as performance goes. We are quite a bunch of people who bought your game (I believe PS4 is your largest community as far as W3 sales go) and we really need to feel like we deserve some proper feedback.

Last edited:
I have found that in a lot of cases the more patches that are released for a game the more unstable it becomes. Patches are not part of the original game so they often create more problems than they solve.

CDPR doen't seem to really care about the performance problems on the PS4, unfortunately.
I just looked at the issue with the Xbox1 and they are in worse shape than we are. The game crashes a lot now with patch 1.08 and they are having the same stuttering issues. One poster said his game difficulty automatically reset from DeathMarch to the easiest level without him knowing it. With all these issues how many people want to bet that CDPR never makes another console game? The first Witcher game was PC only.

I just looked at the issue with the Xbox1 and they are in worse shape than we are. The game crashes a lot now with patch 1.08 and they are having the same stuttering issues. One poster said his game difficulty automatically reset from DeathMarch to the easiest level without him knowing it. With all these issues how many people want to bet that CDPR never makes another console game? The first Witcher game was PC only.

You sure you looked at xbox one forum,and not a master system forum instead. The game plays really well with 1.08 on xbox one...even under stressful conditions. I never had difficulty change nor crashes through any patch version. Crashes have happened with certain users. But this has been the case since before 1.08 on all platforms at some point. Xbox one version has always acceptable untill 1.07 came along.

Well, i finished the first map, and now I'm moving on to Velen, but so far haven't encountered any game stuttering.

However, i started from scratch this playthrough. Also i have a faster drive, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but i don't thing so.

Well, i finished the first map, and now I'm moving on to Velen, but so far haven't encountered any game stuttering.

However, i started from scratch this playthrough. Also i have a faster drive, so i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but i don't thing so.

Same. Now in the middle of Velen, so far so good.

Fingers crossed. No wood remains untouched in this house.

(That sounded dirtier than it should have. Yen, to the unicorn!)

Same. Now in the middle of Velen, so far so good.

Fingers crossed. No wood remains untouched in this house.

(That sounded dirtier than it should have. Yen, to the unicorn!)

Actually i would say the game runs pretty fine so far. Fingers crossed it stays that way...lol

I encountered stuttering in novigrad and skellige (cave of dreams quest). Also i get blurry screen, freeze for 1-2 seconds every 10 seconds in some areas of novigrad. Thats pretty annoying. Game actually feels even worse than it was on 1.7 in my opinion.

Last edited:

feyd

Forum regular
I agree that the performance was declining, but it actually looks much better after 1.08. (there are some loading after fast travel, but no shuttering)
Maybe it is connected to another thing that was in different thread here. Sometimes my PS4's fans are so loud now, that I'm afraid it has 'drone' option and will fly away :)
There was also PS4 software path recently, so maybe it was it.

Maybe things will be better with patch 1.09 or 1.10 ??? I really love this game, I just wish it didn't flicker the colors so much, among all the other little things that bother me while I'm playing it. Well if they ever make TW4, They have learned a shit ton from making TW3 and what not to do next time, and what to add next time ;) like monster climbing, jump attacks, maybe less stuff here and there, effects, smaller open world etc... so that the game runs pro solid.

Last edited:
we will have to wait till patch 2.0 if we need a good game with no major bugs a solid 30fps performance

Top Bottom