Patch 1.08 out now!

+
Dammit CDPR, this is all well and good, but I don't care what you do with the game until you give me back my "slow-walking" (outdoor) Geralt!

Dammit CDPR, this is all well and good, but I don't care what you do with the game until you give me back my "slow-walking" (outdoor) Geralt!
However minor it may seem, the slow walk was a nice little detail in the game. I didn't walk large distances using it but when I wanted to slow down and take in my surroundings, this was perfect. Now the regular walk animation seems as if Geralt is in a constant state of haste. Hey, the man is in a hurry to find his loved ones and to slay all forms of wicked & loathsome beasts, however, everyone needs some R&R from time to time, even the White Wolf!
:sleepy::geraltfeelgood:

I'd love to see it return even if merely as an option in the settings. Another optional feature I'd like to see is the face toxicity having a toggle. Don't get me wrong, I actually love this detail and it's something fans have been wanting for a very longtime. The reason I would want to have a on/off toggle is that there are times throughout my play through where I was left whether in a cut scene or dialogue encounter looking a little "under the weather" ;) and it would be nice to have these moments in game without the toxicity showing. It's a very minor aspect and primarily for recording/screen shot purposes.
The scene right after Imlerith comes to mind when you are with Ciri talking on the cliff edge.

Like to add a big thank you to all of the ladies and gents at CDPR for their terrific support and continued hard work on this game, THANK YOU! I cannot wait for the future expansions.

P.S. - Oh, and that game Cyberbumpkin 2099 sounds pretty badass as well!

Last edited:
I am eagerly waiting too for patch 1.09 to come out. And that it solves all the stuttering and hanging.

The game is quite unplayable on high/ultra settings 1080p on my GTX960 4GB + 3770K-4300mhz.

I am eagerly waiting too for patch 1.09 to come out. And that it solves all the stuttering and hanging.

The game is quite unplayable on high/ultra settings 1080p on my GTX960 4GB + 3770K-4300mhz.

Agreed, I'm still in white orchard, cannot play due to horrific constant stuttering...I could roll back to 1.06, but that's kind of pointless as all upgrades to the game are based on the post 1.07 patch! Plus with all the quest related bugs that came with it, I'd be better off just waiting for patch 1.09-2.0!

What about the altered battle soundtrack? Has anyone noticed that Percival vocalized music has been replaced by mixed versions which which lack all its original magic?

First the emptiest post game world and now this? I completely lost the will to play on.

CD PROJEKT RED / Marcin Momot

When is the next patch going to be released!? It's kind of annoying now when they release a new patch I play 2 days and I find at least 6,7 bugged quests and I have to wait for the next patch in 2 months. Not to say that an expansion pack is upcoming and I haven't even cleared the main game......

Played with x-input supported gamepad.The bugs and glitches comes with this patch:
1.Every single enemy at this place hold on the air when was killed (enemy on the left) and current target with zero health whalk on air and unvulnarable to sign attacks.

[video=youtube;4cd_A1Im-nY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cd_A1Im-nY[/video]
2.Our boat layered to another.It looks like a bad coordinates of boat object when anchor used.
Obviously it's all about Skellige, but it's happened at every region and not only with enemies.
3.Sometimes when you explore the water question marks on boat at least one hour or more you can't dive.Compelete solution is reload the game.

:smile:

---------- Updated at 07:16 AM ----------

However minor it may seem, the slow walk was a nice little detail in the game. I didn't walk large distances using it but when I wanted to slow down and take in my surroundings, this was perfect. Now the regular walk animation seems as if Geralt is in a constant state of haste. Hey, the man is in a hurry to find his loved ones and to slay all forms of wicked & loathsome beasts, however, everyone needs some R&R from time to time, even the White Wolf!
:sleepy::geraltfeelgood:

I'd love to see it return even if merely as an option in the settings. Another optional feature I'd like to see is the face toxicity having a toggle. Don't get me wrong, I actually love this detail and it's something fans have been wanting for a very longtime. The reason I would want to have a on/off toggle is that there are times throughout my play through where I was left whether in a cut scene or dialogue encounter looking a little "under the weather" ;) and it would be nice to have these moments in game without the toxicity showing. It's a very minor aspect and primarily for recording/screen shot purposes.
The scene right after Imlerith comes to mind when you are with Ciri talking on the cliff edge.

Like to add a big thank you to all of the ladies and gents at CDPR for their terrific support and continued hard work on this game, THANK YOU! I cannot wait for the future expansions.

P.S. - Oh, and that game Cyberbumpkin 2099 sounds pretty badass as well!

Ageed. The "slow-walk" was not really a "game-breaker", but the more I try to get used to the newer fast-walking only, the more annoyed I get that the "slow" is gone. As stupid as it sounds (probably laughable to some), the MISSING slow-walk is enough to keep the game from being perfect for me. People have used the term "immersion breaker" in regards to the fast walking only version of the game, and that is a good way to put it. It was just one of those nice little touches that added to the overall experience of the game. Now, for some inexplicable reason, CDPR has made Geralt power-jog everywhere. And when your used to the more realistic slow walking (when you want it), the faster only option seems silly. Anyway though, I agree with you. .. the game is amazing. One of my favorites. Hopefully, they will add the slow walk (at least the option, anyway) back into the game with a future patch, even though it is a minority complaint. Cheers.

Last edited:
:smile:

---------- Updated at 07:16 AM ----------

Ageed. The "slow-walk" was not really a "game-breaker", but the more I try to get used to the newer fast-walking only, the more annoyed I get that the "slow" is gone. As stupid as it sounds (probably laughable to some), the MISSING slow-walk is enough to keep the game from being perfect for me. People have used the term "immersion breaker" in regards to the fast walking only version of the game, and that is a good way to put it. It was just one of those nice little touches that added to the overall experience of the game. Now, for some inexplicable reason, CDPR has made Geralt power-jog everywhere. And when your used to the more realistic slow walking (when you want it), the faster only option seems silly. Anyway though, I agree with you. .. the game is amazing. One of my favorites. Hopefully, they will add the slow walk (at least the option, anyway) back into the game with a future patch, even though it is a minority complaint. Cheers.

This mod slows down the default jogging speed and changes fast walk back into slow walk (but it completely does away with fast walk).

Not a great solution for me, because I like fast walk, but keep an eye on it & it will probably evolve into a fuller suite of walking options.

Sometime I ask me:

How many bug its need to do one game of the year? (GOTY version)

well, Batman used many
Assassins Creed many...

The Witcher 3 ... will need how many? Or not needs more hehe

good graphics good performance bad control Gerald and need new quality controler before new releases

excuse me but STOP with this CDPR

Console peasant here. Will we ever get a fix, for a PS4 frame rate? I get, that I can't even ask about 60, but stable 30 would be so good. Even Arkham Knight had stable 30 and looked a lot better, than W3. Performance > graphics. Nobody wants to watch a beautiful slideshow.

There is no set date yet, but it will arrive sometime before the October 13th release of Hearts of Stone. A more specific time-frame is not currently available.

This is hopeful news although I am truly disheartened by the decimation of my performance with patch 1.07, (Consistent stuttering with my frames fluctuating between 40-50 per 1/2 second intervals) even 1.08.4 is still stuttering my game...Is there any way I could reverse 1.07's disruption on my performance, or were the changes made via the hard coded engine rather than ini/xml settings?

This is hopeful news although I am truly disheartened by the decimation of my performance with patch 1.07, (Consistent stuttering with my frames fluctuating between 40-50 per 1/2 second intervals) even 1.08.4 is still stuttering my game...Is there any way I could reverse 1.07's disruption on my performance, or were the changes made via the hard coded engine rather than ini/xml settings?

That I simply don't know. Sorry. @GuyNwah , would you happen to have any recommendations here, or would this be a better question for Technical Support, or the Modding Community?

Having the exact same the same experience here. Been watching my GPU clocks and usage whilst playing and it is all over the place since the last few patches. The drops in usage and clock speed coincide with the stuttering which happens every 5 seconds or so its stopping me starting a new game+ and will stop me playing the expansion too. I'm running an i7 4770k with 2*290x lightning's. The stuttering is also present with a single GPU.

Top Bottom