Patch 1.08 out now!

+
I noticed someting strange on the GOG.com Twitter account regarding Patch 1.08. Recent tweet said the following: "Grab yourself Patch 1.08 of @witchergame for bugfixes (incl. the achievement bug) and basic modding. Enjoy!"

So... basic modding? There is no official word of modding support in changelog of 1.08, so I wonder what that means. Seems like it should be either some mistake or something that was not supposed to be published, because it was deleted few moments after the the tweet was published. Maybe it's something that could be included in the next patch and someone just changed 1.08 info for 1.09?

I immediately though it's very strange, so as soon as I noticed it, I took a screenshot. I'd like to include it in this post, but unfortunately, as a user with less than 10 posts, I am not allowed to include links or images

EDIT: Well, now I know what it means. MODkit is real

Last edited:
Can someone explain why i'm forced in some situations to fight with my hands, when i have swords on my back?! For example the Priscilla quest. You examine the crime scene and some guys will attack you but your swords and magic are locked. Very realistic... really ^^ This is no fistfight challenge and sorry to say but the fist-fight-controls are really terrible when fighting with more then 1 enemies at the time and there is not much space. A bit frustrating sometimes...

Major_Fletcher: When there were some 2 on 1 fist fights, let's just say my controller almost received a fatality : )

Last edited:
I'm on Xbox One, why not release patch in early weekdays? Why interupt gameplay when there's an update?

Just now and last friday I got disconnected while playing to install the update. Last friday it took so long I left it running through the night and couldn't play.

Question about NG+.

Will i be able to start NG+ from any original save, or do i need to finish story plot?

I mean i now lvl 30 and i still in Novigrad, will i have opportunity to start NG+ wit all my mastercrafted armour and etc?

Question about NG+.

Will i be able to start NG+ from any original save, or do i need to finish story plot?

I mean i now lvl 30 and i still in Novigrad, will i have opportunity to start NG+ wit all my mastercrafted armour and etc?

well. idk, but if its anything like the last of us NG+ you gotta complete the main story first then you can choose new game plus and use the same save. Thats my guess buddy.

well. idk, but if its anything like the last of us NG+ you gotta complete the main story first then you can choose new game plus and use the same save. Thats my guess buddy.

yah i know last of us ng+, just finishe it :) however its not rpg, its not about carry all cool stuff with you. I wish witcher will have opportunity importany save to start ng+

Hi there, new to this site. Question: Has someone else problems that the game-play the Witcher 3 is fading away in the game? I play it on the PS4 and it does happens quite often In the game. Sometimes it takes up to 40 seconds that the full picture is available again. Will there be some fix to it? Thanks for any help or answers.

Hi there, new to this site. Question: Has someone else problems that the game-play the Witcher 3 is fading away in the game? I play it on the PS4 and it does happens quite often In the game. Sometimes it takes up to 40 seconds that the full picture is available again. Will there be some fix to it? Thanks for any help or answers.

No never had that problem. Sounds like you have some kind of problem locally. Maybe your PS4 is too hot?

If your referring to the screen blur, that's just the area loading, its supposed to be instant, but sometimes it takes a while longer and the screen blurs.

Gwent Broken after Patch 1.08
I do not get any random cards anymore from "Merchants, Innkeepers, and Smiths" anymore, on first play.
I do get crafting materials from the ones I already played as intended.

So get them all Quest is not finishable for me at the moment :(

I do not get any random cards anymore from "Merchants, Innkeepers, and Smiths" anymore, on first play.

Can't confirm. Got bunch of random cards sinds patch 1.08 from all of them on first play.

Stupid question, but are you sure you've checked all vendors that sell cards. I was missing some cards until I found out there sold by the inn keeper in harviken on one of the smaller skellige isles
I recently just got the gwent collector achievement and that was on patch 1.08.

Last edited:
Hi thanks for your answer. To hot? Good question, but not after 15min playtime. No not hot, and it does not happens in other Games I play.

---------- Updated at 07:21 AM ----------

Thanks for your answer, that might be it. I did not have the problem at first in the game, later on and quite often about in lever 17 it started. I will check that out :)

Top Bottom