Patch 1.08 | What would you expect?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
- Hold Shift to compare in Blacksmiths/Armorers is no longer there after 1.07. (Still works in normal inventory)

- Alchemy Formula Pin Tutorial always displays when entering Alchemy tab after 1.07.

- Superior Thunderbolt gives 100% crit chance all the time, not just during 'storms' (which also needs to be clarified - is light wind considered a "storm"?) - issue predates 1.07.

Plz truly fix the bug of quest "Hey, wanna look at my stuff?" this time, fixing the bug found on 1.07 is all enough.

Issues I've experienced while playing on the PS4 so far (I've beaten the game so I've only been doing some heavy free roam and misc. quests):

1) The Zoltan Chivay gwent card is still missing under the Hanged Man's Tree - I previously picked up a book (scholar's journal) that was there post 1.05 patch on PS4 but now no items are to be found there
2) FPS has largely improved in my view and it seems more stable. However there is a minimal but noticeable stutter while running / sprinting especially in more "graphics challenging" environments such as Novigrad, swamps and some other areas. This happens every few seconds and it's quite annoying
3) The draw distance has been greatly reduced - even large objects like ship sales (Novigrad docks) pop out of the blue when near and are not visible from a greater distance (not far away however!) same goes for other objects, NPCs, rocks, huts and sheds etc. Same goes for objects rendering while horse riding, you can see clearly that the objects "load" as you're getting closer. This is just a pointer, I understand that some graphical sacrifices have to be made to optimize the game but close objects pop ins need to be fixed
4) I have experienced glitches related to swimming / sailing. Upon exiting the sailing mode Geralt gets shot up in the sky and falls back down to the boat. It happened to me 3 or 4 times now. On one instance Geralt died on impact
5) I can't seem to be able to stash books in the Chest / Stash - why is that the case?? Books weight quite a bit in the W3. If you can in fact stash books in the chest, my apologies
6) I checked and I can confirm the weight bug - upon dropping all the items (other than ingredients that weight 0.0, Geralt's weight is 17
7) The Empty Coop (with Yanina) quest is still glitched - the conversation to finish the quest cannot be started (http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/43575-Quest-bug-Empty-Coop)

Other suggestions for improvements:
1) Map filtering - to me absolutely key is an option to deselect all the items on the map and select single items you like. Having to deselect every markers other that the ones of interest say for monster nests or "!" quests etc. is tedious and unnecessary. There should be an option to select all and deselect all
2) You got to fix the horse. Period. This is the 2nd or 3rd fix and it does improve things but not quite. Roach is still acting silly - it stops abruptly, and most importantly does not follow the best path to the marker/objective when on the road. Crossroads confuse the horse as well quite a bit. I also have the feeling that the decision to include a "break" for Roach on the left stick is a mistake. Very often the horse stops when the player releases the left stick for whatever reason (say we're riding straight and don't need to point in any direction). The issue is that when the left stick is released it often gets pushed a bit past the middle position and causes the horse to stop.
3) There needs to be a fix or an option to quit combat mode (holding circle button maybe?) - it's waaaay too common to get stuck in combat in an awkward position (fall in a whole on a bog, get stuck on a narrow and high passage or a rock or getting stuck between objects indoors (ruins, caves) and being unable to get out until the fight's over
4) Crossbow aiming radius should be improved - there is no way to point straight up at the moment which limits the aiming scope quite a bit when targeting flying creatures
5) Difficulty - this is a tough one but personally I think the difficulty is very uneven in W3. On death march the game is hard from the start until say early mid game / mid game. Past that, it gets much easier as you are able to max out signs or combat / potions skills and you collect more items. The use of oils, bombs and potions is greatly reduced post mid-game. I personally think that on the 2 highest difficulties, the game should push the players constantly until the very end and force them to use ingredients, crafting / alchemy and all the perks to survive/win combat scenarios.
6) More high level monster should be added to the game

One last thing - there are reports of trophies / achievements being broken post 1.07. I can't confirm this as I am missing only the "collect them all" and the infamous Zoltan card. In any case, please fix this as it seems to be affecting a lot of players =)

Last edited:
Guys i didn't begin the witcher 3 yet, beracause exams and i had to finish the witcher 2 before XD
How are the subtitles in the withcer 3? they're bigger than in the TW2? because TW2 is nearly impossible to play on my tv beacause they're so small!
In TW3 we can set the size of subtitles? I don't like to stay at 1m from my TV because i can't read them :/

Plz truly fix the bug of quest "Hey, wanna look at my stuff?" this time, fixing the bug found on 1.07 is all enough.
I will add this one on the first page if it's confirmed by other players.

Guys i didn't begin the witcher 3 yet, beracause exams and i had to finish the witcher 2 before XD
How are the subtitles in the withcer 3? they're bigger than in the TW2? because TW2 is nearly impossible to play on my tv beacause they're so small!
In TW3 we can set the size of subtitles? I don't like to stay at 1m from my TV because i can't read them :/
I cannot tell you if the subtitles will be large enough for you. There's an option to scale the HUD but I'm not sure it changes the subtitles.
Anyone could give information to @Ansem_93?

[...]
1) The Zoltan Chivay gwent card is still missing [...]
5) I can't seem to be able to stash books in the Chest / Stash - why is that the case?? [...]
Other suggestions for improvements:
1) Map filtering [...]
5) Difficulty
6) More high level monster should be added to the game
Added these to the original post.
I also changed the original post layout and the thread title.

Good stuff! Some other suggestions that just came to mind:

1) Add an option to disable the Mini Map in the HUD while keeping the mini clock (time of day/night) indicator in place
2) Change the dialogue order for Hattori - now it's 1) Craft 2) Shop; this is different from other venrs and is confusing, causing players to click "Craft" quickly when they want to shop
3) In addition to walk acceleration (from very slow to fast) - add jog acceleration for gamepads (from slow to fast); most of the problems related to character handling and controls have to do with the fact that you can't really control jogging speed (look at AC series where the controls are very smooth)
4) Add an option to jump from 1 side of the inventory tabs to the other (left to right and vice versa), While you can jump from any part of the inventory to the top tabs using the right stick, you still have to go through all the tabs from weapons and armors (very left) to say books and letters (very right)
5) Some areas and surfaces (usually mountain peaks, rocks, map borders) have very poor quality textures / patchy grass distribution - I've been noticing this way more post 1.07 than before (PS4 version)

Last edited:
The Final Trial quest bug - I expect that they fix the trolls near the end. As it is now it is not possible to choose the peacefull path. You must kill them.
There is a workaround, enabling you to complete the quest with them still being alive, but they will be permanently agro after the quest ends.

That thread is a for newer bug the one I reported was introduced in 1.04 and so far CDPR have made no comments about fixing it other than we are looking into it, as they haven't stated it's fixed I gave up playing 1.04 1.05 and 1.06 were full bugs and unless every single one is fixed then I'd rather not get to 100 hours into the game and find I can;t play any more for a 3rd time.

Fix everything they broke in patch 1.07.
Quest bugs
invisible walls,
performance degradation,
missing slow walk controls on controllers,
stair climbing animations on any npc carrying crates or packages
Add more difficulty to death march

The game overall is still a masterpiece but 1.07 patch was a bit of a disaster in a lot of ways. But, CD Projekt Red does at least pay attention to us so I'm sure they will have some fixes coming sometime soon.

A couple bugs in 1.07 you did not mention:
-Reason of State failing even after you complete the final quest in the game even when completed earlier.
-On Xbox One diffuculty has been reported to reseting to "Just the Story".

A fix for the freezes ...

Tried many workarounds which I´ve found and also different nvidia drivers but nothing seems to work - it really gets frustrating ... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom